16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1921 - Hot Chocolate || JUDGING SOON

Postby corrosive_limes » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Information wrote:Owner:
Name:
Owned as of:
Mutations: None

Ahh my first design for October!
Quick design as I've been struggling to get a different design to cooperate with me for a couple hours now. Hopefully they'll be done later this week or next week.

Since this little bud so strongly resembles hot chocolate and coffee, I'd like to know what's their favorite drink for the cooler seasons?
You can have up to 3 extras, with an extra being 750 words or one image [no comics or large animations]

End Date: October 14th [1 week]
I will be judging mainly on
- Creativity
- Originality
- Well fleshed out personality [Bonus points if it's told indirectly through the prompt or a story]
- Character development
- Art related to the character's backstory and personality

Prettying up is allowed! Just please no super bright text colors* and no super sparkly bouncing text.
*Tip; If I have to highlight it to read it, it's too bright.

Code: Select all
Username;
Name;
Gender;
Gender for Breeding;
What's their favorite drink for the colder months?;
Why?; [unlimited words]
Extras; [max of 3]

______________________________________________________________________________________
Transparent image;
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3578693][img]coming-soon![/img][/url]
[img]coming-soon![/img]
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Hexcodes:
- Base/Markings
- Mane
- Chest fluff
- Other
-- #1 - Nose
-- #2 - Paw pads
-- #3 - Claws
-- #4 - Inner ears
-- #5 - Eyes [outer ring]
-- #6 - Eyes [inner ring]

Other marking information
-- No special layer effects used.
-- Airbrush was used for the stripey markings at ~20 size
-- The 'sparkles' on the mane were done using the pen tool with max scattering and spacing
--- Size varied from 1 - 3
--- Opacity varied greatly from ~20 to ~80-100
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1921 - Hot Chocolate || UFA

Postby QuakingAspen » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:17 pm

*SCREAMS*
QuakingAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:56 pm

oh man you tempt me so!
I do love how this one turned out <3 so beautiful!!
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fromage » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Username; Mareep || Name; Layton || Gender; Male || Gender for Breeding; Male

A warm milk with hint of strawberry syrup!

Why?; [unlimited words]
Nothing really can beat the love and memory in warm milk. Sure the hot tea or coffee at a nearby cafe tasted good, but Layton just loved to warm his milk up and add tiny bit of strawberry syrup. It reminded him heavily of his mother who was a very loving, and they had been living in a severe poverty. He never had any privilege of richer beverage growing up, and a cup of warm milk satisfied him just enough. wip
Extras; [max of 3]

res >o> please don't steal the idea or take inspiration, thanks!
Last edited by fromage on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      editing profile soon
fromage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saberblush » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:20 am

Beautiful bab I adore hot cocoa. Good luck to all and congrats to the lucky winner!!!
Last edited by Saberblush on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Saberblush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:53 am

I love this one so much! Nice job!
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S-S-Sweets » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 am

Username; S-S-Sweet
Name; Cinnamon
Gender; Female
Gender for Breeding; Female
What's their favourite drink for the colder months?; A Minty Hot Cocoa Float. <3
Why?; She loves the flavour of mint and chocolate combined into a warm, soothing drink. It always makes her sore throat instantly feel better, especially if she's feeling ill due to the weather. It always reminds her of those warm Christmas evenings surrounded by loved ones. Even when she's feeling lonely, sipping gently into her favourite cup always sooths her anxiety. Her insides always feel warm and fuzzy after drinking one of these.

Extras; (719/750)

Cinnamon’s eyes observed the scenery attentively, lights flickered in the corners of her eyes, tinsel wrapped around almost every item in the room – it was that time of year again; Christmas. Oh, how she loved to purchase and wrap every gift for those closest to her. Snowflakes plunging from the heavens, drifting through the air and shifting in the wind. Gosh, and she couldn’t think it could get any worse.

Her parents had always been extremely invested in Christmas. They would assemble these collectable ceramic pieces called the ‘Flobie Santa Village’ by Thanksgiving every year. They would keep the gigantic masterpiece on a giant table situated in the centre of the living room. Staring at those tiny cobblestone streets would make her sick, having grown up with them ever since she was born.

If it wasn’t obvious, Cinnamon forever had a hatred towards Christmas.

Why? Well, it was simple. Cinnamon’s name originated from her parents favourite Christmas meal: Chocolate Cinnamon pudding. And, ironically, her parents were devouring that meal when she was born. Nonetheless, her parents were celebrating Christmas when she was born. Yes, Cinnamon was born on Christmas day. Most would find it sweet or beautiful that this child was born on such a sacred day. Cinnamon, however, found it both irritating and bothersome. She hated receiving more presents at the time due to her birthday, and celebrating with a cake and candles on a Christmas day would be weird to most people. She just despised the day in general. She can’t bear having so much effort and attention put onto herself, especially on a day which should revolve around the entire family gathering and celebrate together. She found any type of ‘celebration for a single person’ unnecessary. She would have been fine if she was born any other day: she would still hate it nonetheless. Any attention placed onto her she was repulsed by. I guess you could say that she disliked ‘stealing the thunder’.

Cinnamon had always been someone who leaned more towards the introverted side of the spectrum. That’s probably the main reason she’s repulsed by any type of attention. This year she decided to make one thing clear to all her friends and family.
“I want this year to be about Christmas. To celebrate as close relatives – everyone together. Please, all I ask all of you is to save your considerate funds onto presents for other people, not just myself. I only want Christmas presents this year, not birthday presents. I’m so grateful that you all are thoughtful enough to give me so many gifts, but, I just don’t feel comfortable with it. So, I beg you, buy some presents for those you love instead of spending it all on me.”

Of course, it was a bit of an exaggeration. Cinnamon often over-evaluated situations placed before her. She worried that people spent more money on her than anybody else at Christmas time, which made her feel worse for those who deserved it more than she did. Birthdays are special, she understands that. But she thinks collectively joining as a family and celebrating together is a much sounder alternative.

Cinnamon slowly sighed as her mother stalked towards her, gently grasping a mug in her hand. She gives her mother a confused look as she places the mug next to her, a sweet smell filling the room.

“I decided to make something special for you.” Her mother began as she mixed the substance with a spoon. “It’s what I like to call my Minty Hot Chocolate Float. I hope you like it.”

Cinnamon opened her mouth to speak, trying to stop her mother from offering her any type of ‘special treatment’. Her mother quickly shushed her and pushed the mug towards her. Irritably, she reaches towards the mug and slowly drinks the substance.
It was a strong drink – a warm sensation instantly struck her along with the compelling scent of mint. It was as if she was eating a block of melted mint-chocolate, feeling the liquid delve down her throat and into her stomach. She licks her lips, inhaling the sweet scent of chocolatey-mint. The feeling overwhelms her, closing her eyes as she quietly hums a Christmas toon alone in the lounge room. She had to admit, this was the best Christmas she had ever received.

Last edited by S-S-Sweets on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
┌────────┐

c

└────────┘
┌────────┐

c

└────────┘
S-S-Sweets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:38 am

Username;
Name;
Gender;
Gender for Breeding;
What's their favorite drink for the colder months?; Res w/ warm apple cider
Why?; [unlimited words]
Extras; [max of 3]
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mocha

Postby Lioashu » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 am

Username; humerussin
Name; Mocha
Gender; Male
Gender for Breeding; Male

Cinnamon apple tea

596 w wrote:
Why?

When Mocha was still with his parents, they lived in a large apple orchard that stretched on for as far as his emerald eyes could see. His parents made most of their money off selling apples, apple pies, and most prominently, apple cinnamon tea. They were known for being the best orchard out in the country, next to a quaint little rural town. Throughout his childhood, Mocha would spend countless hours walking through the orchard picking apples and relaxing. His home would always be his favorite place to be, even when he did eventually move out.

Whenever he returned home, tired and cheerful, his mother would make him a special cup of apple cinnamon tea to help him sleep. The warm, dark, golden liquid overwhelmed his taste buds with waves of sweet apple and spicy cinnamon. It quickly became his favorite drink, and even with all of the apples every couple weeks, he never grew tired of the soothing tea.

As Mocha grew older, sure enough his parents shared the secret to making their homemade apple cinnamon tea, and he practiced the ways of tea making. He began helping out in making various packages of instant tea, baked goods containing apples from their orchards, and keeping track of the currency they made from their products. He grew proud of his family name, and even began to wish he could start his own beverage shop someday. Mocha waited to tell his parents, though, as he didn’t want to leave them just yet.

When Mocha reached early adulthood, he finally mustered up the courage to talk to his parents about moving out and starting his own shop. At first, they were heartbroken that he was leaving so soon, but after some more chatting, they encouraged and supported his leave. That week he set off for a distant village he heard of, far to the north in the cold snow. It was a challenging journey to find it, but when he did, it was worth it to him; even if it was difficult physically and emotionally on him. Mocha moved into a little comfortable log cabin just outside of town, and bought a section of building to start his beverage shop in.

It was a slow start to his little business, but as more viscets in the busy town learned of his corner, they started pouring in. The inside of his store was various shades of tan and green; several lanterns were hung around different parts of the ceiling, and heaters lined the walls every few feet. It was a wonderful change compared to the snowy, cold night. Green leaves were painted onto the small, round tables and walls. One long counter stood parallel to the left wall, topped off with a long display case of varying mugs and cups for drinks. The whole inside was lit vibrantly by the lanterns, and provided an aura of relaxation.

Mocha’s name became well-known throughout the village and then some, as he was very welcoming to all of his customers and even went so far as to try and cheer them up by making them laugh. Sure, it was cold outside; but that doesn’t mean he can’t keep his place light-hearted and wonderful. He wanted his shop to be a comforting place for everyone else, just like it is for him.

Apple cinnamon tea is what helped kick off Mocha’s little beverage shop, as he was fueled by nostalgia from his childhood as well as pride about his family’s name. He loves his store dearly, and wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Click for Full Image

Writing Extra - Tine

318 w wrote:
    Mocha held the packages of instant cocoa and tea, trekking through the moderate blanket of snow covering the ground. He was heading for Tine’s place, as he promised he’d deliver warm drinks for her to give out to the viscets that visit the town every week. She insisted that it wasn’t required or anything, but Mocha remained steady on helping her in whatever way he could. Tine helped him get ahold of his little log cabin he is, as he was tight on money when he first set up shop.

This time around, he was experimenting and creating his own special flavors of tea to compliment the usual apple cinnamon he sold. Sure, it doesn’t get old, but he wished for more variation of flavors in his little shop. He carried different flavors of coffee and even some fountain drinks, but only that kind of tea.

Soon enough he reached her cabin, knocking prominently on the door just incase she might not hear. It was answered almost instantly, startling him just a tiny bit. “Hey Mocha!” Tine greeted in a welcoming tone, and he grinned. “Sorry I’m a little late. Then again, there was snow was I was getting here faster,” he winked, and handed her the packages. She held back a laugh as she cheerfully accepted them, “thank you, again.” Her voice was sincere; she was right, he didn’t have to do this at all, but Mocha wanted to pay her back somehow. Tea and cocoa seemed to be the rightful way in his eyes.

“I’m going to head back. Need to open up shop and I’m sure you’re leaving soon, right?” Mocha asked, preparing to trudge back out into the snow. “Right. I’ll see you in a while, Mocha.” Tine smiled honestly and closed the door to the cabin. Mocha turned tail, pushing his way back towards the town through the shimmering, blue cold.

Extras; [max of 3]
1 - writing extra
2 - mocha and tine
3 - mocha's shop

Credits
Tine belongs to me.

Please do not copy my form.
Last edited by Lioashu on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vluwu » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:52 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxUser ;; Blukitty53
Name ;; Cane
Gender ;; Female
Purpouses ;; Female
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What's their favorite drink for the colder months?
    ❝ Hot water with a drizzle of honey, sugar, and a pinch of salt~ ❞

Why?
    Cane used to live at a small sugar mill with her family. She had a quite large family. Her mother and father ran the place, her grandmother still bossed ther father around though. She had 3 siblings, Though Cane was the oldest out of the bunch. Oldest of her three siblings, she took care of most of them since her parents were stressed with most of the work. Often times, she would always make the family favorite drink- Sugar water. Though, it would always have a secret twist. You add a bit of honey and a bit of salt, making it much more flavorful and tasty. When her father first prepared her sugar water, she couldn't get enough of it, it's definitely her favorite drink. But one day when she was still very young, she started to get very stressed, figuring out she would have to take over the mill one day. As much as she loved everyone, she couldn't take it anymore, and ended up running away being as naive as she was. Being on a relatively small island, she decided to sail away. She kept her family in her heart, including her family recipe. Ever since she found out she could never go back to her home, with a heavy heart, she tried to share her family's recipe with many other viscets, not really knowing how else to carry on her family's legacy. ❞

Extra #1 [432]
    I looked back to the old sugar mill, just outlined by the moonlight in the distance, one last time. “I’m.. so sorry. I’ll miss you all. So, so much..” She pushed the boat off from the shore, her heart tightining as she started to sail away. “Its for the best. My sister was jealous of me anyway.”

After three days in the boat, I finally reach land. Its forest, And a large one at that. I sigh, my heart pounding with anticipation and fear. “Here we go, My new life.” I walk through the forest, my small bag swayed as I did so. I soon enough found a cave, big enough to sustain me for a while. I shrug, it will have to do. I settle down for a while, days pass and i've started to live off berries. It wasn't too bad. Other than the fact each passing day, the more she longed to be with her her family. Only three weeks passed, and she decided she must go back. She packs up enough food and water again to start the gorney. Shes thankful her small boat is still there. As she starts to board the boat, a loud voice calls from behind her. “Stop. You cannot leave.” She turns to see a blue and white viscet. A shark made of stars floated behind her. This was the first viscet i've seen here. Startled completely by her and the shark, I stay still. “I’m sorry, but you my friend have actually become very, very lucky.” I tilt my head, “w-what?” the other viscet sighs. “But also, very unlucky. I’m.. so sorry.” I don't say anything. She continues. “Your land was overcome with disease, that turned everyone into a living, flesh eating monster. Myself, and other powerful ones like me, have tried to find ways to fix it, btu there is no cure. We think it a plague from the sprite, but we really cannot tell. We have pushed the island far, far away from any others on this world, so the sickness cannot spread.” I didn't know what to say. Everything this viscet had said, it had to be a lie. “N-no! My family! My friends! The sugar mill! It can't just be gone- Like that?!” The viscet bowed her head. “I’m sorry, but there's nothing we can do for now..” and with that, the viscet and the hammerhead vanished right before my eyes. Tears ran down my face as i fell to the ground in a heap, covering my eyes. “It can't be true, It just can't!”
    But it was.

Extra #2 [745 words]
    “I never thought.. It would be.. so cold..” My teeth chattered as I walked through the snow. As the snow storm got more drastic, the more I felt my body get colder. I didn't know how much longer I could walk through this mountain forest, But I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it up. My energy being sucked out of me as the snow hit my pelt. My legs gave in and I fell in the thick blanket of snow. Everything started to turn into a blurr. I saw a figure before my eyes, it seemed to be a white fox? I attempted to say something, but before I could darkness took over me.

A loud ‘hoot’ startled me. I awoke with a jolt, “W-what..?” I quickly inferred I was in a cozy cabin, wrapped in blanket next to a stone fireplace. My ears turned to the seemingly loud owl, who continued to go off as an alarm. A viscet with a brown pelt started to run down the wooden stairs, the white fox just a little ahead of him. He, noticing I was awake, slowed to walk over “You woke up faster than I thought you would. Are you alright?” I pinned my ears to my head quickly, feeling defensive, “who are you? Why did you bring me here?” The other viscet was taken back a little, “Well.. I’m Kovi. You’re in my cabin. My fox and owl, Lyca and nyro, Saved you from freezing to death.” Realization hit me, memories of the scenario flowed back into my mind. I relaxed and apologized. “I’m.. so sorry for lashing.” Kovi shrugged, “No worries. You're not the first I’ve saved. So, you're not from around here?” I shook my head, “no, aha. I was raised on a sugar mill.. On an island far from here.” A knot tightened in my stomach, I miss the mill so much. “Well, since you're awake would you like anything to get you back on your feet? Cookies, soup, Hot chocolate, or-” I cut him off without realizing “I can't. I mean, No hot chocolate. I’m allergic.” A frown appeared on his face. “Oh,” He laughed lightly. “I don't know what I’d do without chocolate. I’m not really sure what else I could really offer now as a drink that's warm…?” I smiled, “It's ok, but, do you have any sugar- honey too?” He tilted his head slightly. “Yeah, actually. Here,” He mentioned me to follow him to the kitchen. I obliged. When we got there, he gave me free reign of whatever I wanted. My eyes sparkled, but unsure. He insisted, and I ended up making my favorite drink, Warm water with sugar, honey, and a pinch of salt. “I’ve never really thought of that before?” Kovi asked as I boiled the water. “Well, Not many viscets have. It's quite unique to my family.” I poured the water into two mugs, adding the three ingredients too. Stirring into the steaming water, letting it all devolve. “Is that one for me?” I nodded and smiled, handing him the second mug. “I hope you like it! It may not be as good as hot chocolate, but it warms my heart.” I watched him take a sip of his, his ears picking up as he tasted it. “I’m surprised- I didn't think it would taste so nice!” I smiled and drank a bit of mine- “I’m happy you like it!” He stifled a laugh, I looked at him in concern. “I just realized, I never got your name!” My eyes widened, I never even introduced myself to him. “Oh! Aha, My name is cane. Short of cane sugar… Real original, right?” We both laughed a little, “Very.”

We soon finished the drinks from the warm mugs, all after a good conversation. We went back to the fireplace and talked. Suddenly, I watched him get somewhat nervous. “I take it you don't have a place to stay, then?” It suddenly got a little quiet. “Well, no not really.. My home was destroyed.” The knot reappeared in my stomach again as I remembered the outbreak at my old island- and how It was all taken from me in mere words. Kovi fidgeted with his paws. “Well, if you’d like, you could stay here! There's plenty of room, lyca and nyro need some new company-” I spoke quickly to stop him rambling. “It's ok, I’d be thrilled to stay.”

Extra #3 [SUPER SKETCHY- sorry ;-;]
    Woring with sugar~

Credits:
    Kovi Co-owned by myself and sschw
    Starze (mysteriosu viscet with hammerhead) owned by me.
Last edited by Vluwu on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.

▪ code by Vluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ▪

DATHAF

▸HELLO !MY NAME'S VLU,
My old username was blukitty53, and on other websites i may be shrickerdoosle,
My interest's include writing, drawing, culinary, and video & online games! I'm trying
animation and other creative arts slowly, but school keeps me busy! I love to create
and build characters by drawing and writing about them. Creating art for my characters
and friends always brings a smile to my face. have a wonderful day/night ♥
━━━━━━━━━ [ ✦ ✦ ] ━━━━━━━━
[ ▪ FEMALE ▪ INFP ▪ GEMINI ▪ ]
Vluwu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me