Re: Kalon #1160 - Back to School

Postby gravestones » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Username ;; Necrozma
    Name ;; Ricky
    Gender ;; Male
    Are they happy to go back to school? Why or why not? ;; [wc 200/200]
    "You nervous, Ricky?" April, Ricky's mother asked gently, reaching out to straighten his unruly hair. Ricky made a face and dodged his mother's fussing fingers. "Mooom," he whined, "I'm fine." he said firmly, tugging his backpack over his shoulder. He glanced over to her and sighed at her worried expression. "Really, mom. I'm okay." He reassured her, his tone softer as he wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly. "I'm so sorry about me and your father-" April started and Ricky cut her off quickly, "Mom, please. I understand, okay? I'm going to be late." He pulled back and bolted out the door before things could get anymore emotional.

He breathed a sigh of relief as he walked to the bus stop. It was his ideal morning. The air held a crisp chill and fallen leaves skirted along the ground as he passed. He checked the time and swore under his breath, he really was going to be late. He picked up a jog, his breath puffing out in soft clouds. Ricky may have had a hard summer with his parents divorce, but he was happy to be going back to school. It would keep his mind off things.
Last edited by gravestones on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
....hm? oh, hi.

any pronouns ;; non-binary ;; already dead

whats up i'm back after a ... really long hiatus that
i thought was going to end in me staying away but..
nostalgia brought me back i guess. i'm just a ghost,
don't mind me.

about ;; adopts ;; my kals ;; av ;; sig
gravestones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:51 pm

okay sorry-- late update cx
prettying up is a-okay but please no extras! :0c
this comp is meant to be kinda short and easy to judge = v = b
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SevereHercules » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Username ;; SevereHercules
Name ;; Katie
Gender ;; Female
Are they happy to go back to school? Why or why not? ;; duh, of course she is! Finally time to go see your best friends again! Plus, the first couple of weeks of school are always easy and fun. Aaaaand by the end of the year, she will be wondering where the time went and looking forward to the next year.

Anyways, most kalons only complain about school and...sure, not everything is nice...but still, you can't succeed if you try to do anything with a negative attitude!
SevereHercules

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnakeScales » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:37 am

Username ;;
⋆ SnakeScales

Name ;;
⋆ Timothy

Gender ;;
⋆ identifies agender
bio. male

Are they happy to go back to school? Why or why not? ;;
do i like school? of course not, ugh! there is always so many kalons everywhere, like fish caught in a fisherman's net, flopping around trying to get somewhere. everyone always shoving, pushing... don't get me started on the noise, gosh i swear by the end of the day i'm nearly deaf from the screaming in the hallways ( and lunchroom, and the classrooms ). most kalons in school are jerks, such rude people. and the homework, oh my... every day, math homework, i hate with a passion who i have to sit next to in language and literature, and the teacher in history talks so loud... and the school wifi doesn't even work!

[ ⋆ 111 words 619 characters ⋆ ]
    xxxxxxxxxxImage
    Alexander, call me Alex - male - bi - dragon cave
    ♡s: drawing, zombies,
    Fall Out Boy, tøp,
    musicals (Hamilton, Heathers, BMC, DEH)
    kpop
    pixel by Selkie, avatar by me, my character/s
    xxxxxvery inactive on this site
SnakeScales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DECALIUS » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Username ;;
hello avocado
Name ;;
abby
Gender ;;
female
Are they happy to go back to school? Why or why not? ;;
she does not want to go back to school because she loves the summer sun and getting to stay up as late as she wants to. she also likes the freedom of having no homework or stress, especially since she is going into her senior year of high school- which means more dreadful work to do. she also doesn't like the people at her school or the loud noises.

⛧🜏 neo 🜏⛧
he/him
DECALIUS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby floral.thorn.crown » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Username ;; Floral.thorn.crown
Name ;; Alix
Gender ;; Male
Are they happy to go back to school? Why or why not? ;; Oh heck no.. he's a klutz. He never finished his summer reading packet, algebra homework, or his summer science project either. Not to mention he's super shy. Oh and he forgot most of his school supplies. Rest in spaghetti Alix, never forgetti Alix. Good luck catching up this year, and try to make friends instead of enemies on the first day of school.
floral.thorn.crown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Username ;; Katzuvo

Name ;; Rin

Gender ;; Male pronouns - nonbinary agender

Are they happy to go back to school? Why or why not? ;; [200 words max]
To be honest? Yes and no. Rin is excited to see his friends again, like everyone else is, but it’s more to it than that. Rin is terrible about keeping a schedule, a sense of order. Going back to school means having a routine again. Classes on time, a regular lunch. Homework to strengthen the mind.
There are bits and pieces to school, though, that Rin is not looking forward to. Sitting still through class can be extremely difficult for someone like him with adhd. Sitting still is already hard enough, but forcing his brain to focus on schoolwork can be another challenge altogether. Late at night when he gets home, though, he will sometimes find himself hyper-focusing. Spending hours on end drawing, not realizing he’s wasted the night until it’s time for bed.
Despite this, though, Rin is still really excited about school. The order, the fun of writing notes in different colors. Of playing in the courtyard with his friends. He missed it during the summer. He’s also really excited for science this year, because the teacher mentioned something about getting to make their own “comets” with dry ice! {191/200}

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elio. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:14 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

username: sweet.kuro name: jacob (also known as jack) gender: male

.:Are they happy to go back to school?:.
nope, darcie hates school. having homework is just terrible when she can easily be outside playing with friends and enjoying the nice summer heat. but with school she has to sit inside twiddling her thumbs and staring at the clock, waiting for the bell to ring. and of course she doesn't have very good grades when it comes to school so she is always being scolded by teachers. darcie hates when teachers tell her what to do, as if they know how she should use her time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" please forget me not "

semi hiatus. please don't contact me unless it's important (ie. commissions)
elio.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cambion » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Username ;; sinnamon roll
    Name ;; Gakko
    Gender ;; Male
    Are they happy to go back to school? Why or why not? ;; Gakko comes and introduces himself, shyly averting his eyes… Must be shy. You then ask him if he’s excited to return to school. That triggers a reaction that involves him becoming rather flustered, worried and he starts to sweat a little.
    “Uh, well, you see… I think that school seems to want to get me. I’m a pretty good student, I guess, but… There are just so many other beings around you! It’s a little scary, see…” Gakko gives you a small smile, probably meant to reassure you. “But I love going to school! A lot! You learn new things everyday, and it’s nice to have a routine to follow, you know? I love going there! But yeah, just the amount of other beings and how they’re always so social. At least I’m under the radar!” Gakko smiles, genuinely beaming this time. He seems to be recalling some memories of past days at school, happy ones. “I guess that social interaction a given in anytime in life though, so yeah! I do love going to school!” You can’t help but smile back. He looks so excited, and genuinely happy to talk about school. If only you felt the same way…
cambion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby primcval » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:24 pm

Username ;; astrophile.
    Name ;; jackrie [ jax for short ]
    Gender ;; demiboy
    Are they happy to go back to school? Why or why not? ;; oh dear. they were all staring at him, he just knew it. what had he done? why were they all looking at him? he walked through the halls self-consciously, aware of every step he took and just how ridiculous his big feet seemed. he couldn't remember for the life of him where his next class was. advanced mathematics, advanced mathematics...where was the classroom? he should ask someone. no, he couldn't! they'd just look at him all funny. this was a nightmare. jackrie's eyes widened in horror as the late bell rang throughout the school, condemning him to arrive shamefully to class. if he could ever find it. now racing through the halls that seemed to blur together, he screeched to a halt in front of the room. this was it. he stepped inside. they were all looking at him again. he was late. the teacher glared at him from her peculiarly high desk, her beak-like nose and beady eyes screaming disapproval. jackrie wanted to cry, so he did.

and then he woke up. no, he was not excited for school.

[ 180 / 200 words ]
Last edited by primcval on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
primcval

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me