Viscet #1677 - Ode To The Fallen Judged by Stårry

Based on Click to view
Artist Stårry [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1677 - Ode To The Fallen Judged

Postby Stårry » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:13 pm

This viscet is a guest artist adopt and as such does not count towards your regular adopt limit, but towards your GA adopt one!
Owner: Kamelgirl
Name: Sterling
Gender for breeding purposes: Male

Ends: 7/27/17 or the after 10 complete forms. Reserving or marking is okay c:(Will check each day)

This viscet is based on angel food cake, Sea angels, and is a memorium of the recent passing of Chester Bennington. May he rest in peace <3 I hope you love them as much as I do.
My oekaki kept spazzing out with the zoom function even after a few restarts *hence the ugly cover too* and so I'll have to finish the transfer once the bugginess lets up. I wanted the contest to go up today so I'll do that for now c:

The current song is Leave out All The Rest by Linkin Park

Rules: wrote:-Prettying up is ok
-Stick to the limits, no extras other than whats given.
-Once the contest is closed, please do not bump.
-I dislike screamo and hard rap/nightcore ;w;
-Bonus points for using another Linkin Park song <3
-I'll more be judging on lyrics and the way they pertain to the scenario, not songs I like
-Be nice, above all else.
-Have fun!

Need some Inspiration? How about: wrote:-Pick your favorite song
-Make sure it has meaning
-Build a scenario around your chosen song, don't pick a song for a scenario

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Why is this song on their 'wings'?: (500 words max)
OR (Pick one)
Describe a scenario and what song would appear based on it: (Example: When their mother hugged them it changed to ___)(500 words max)

:Lyrics:
(*Right wing*)
I dreamed I was missing
You were so scared
But no one would listen
Cause no one else cared
After my dreaming
I woke with this fear
What am I leaving
When I'm done here?
So, if you're asking me, I want you to know
(*Left wing*)
When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed
And don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest
Last edited by Stårry on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1677 - Ode To The Fallen UFA

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:30 pm

I love that song so much. it always makes me stop and think for a moment.
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Hope marking is ok :-:
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vixen Luo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:41 pm

-- aaaaa i have to drop this, i just don't have the time to try out >n<
Last edited by Vixen Luo on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
    please stop asking me to give you my viscets. thank you!
Vixen Luo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HellyBoo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:59 pm

I wish I could try out but I'm far to in love with your Hot head.

I just had the biggest cry over this viscet again. A great man has left us.
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laika. » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Username:
Dino Brewster

Name:
Gevalle Glass

Describe a scenario and what song would appear based on it:

Castle of Glass

He kissed his wife and child goodbye, as they headed out to their jobs. He sighed as he got into the old van he used for his, with the large logo on the side. He sighed, and radioed into the station to check if "clean-up" was needed.

Take me down to the river bend
Take me down to the fighting end

"Glass Scene Clean-Up, how can we help you today?" He asked to the phone, as he listen to what was being said through it. He nodded, and sighed before replying. "So there's a scene that needs to be cleaned up, Mafia assassination?" Gevalle waited for the address, before entering his van and driving it to the location. There was a beautiful river, that bent away from his view as he walked to the building. The building wasn't the best, as it normally is. He walked past the tape with the gurney for the removal.

Wash the poison from off my skin
Show me how to be whole again

He was trying to call his wife as he entered the building, just to see how her day was going. He heard a ring in the distance from where he was standing, and passed that off as coincidence. He froze and dropped to his knees when he saw the two bodies that were being taken away. His phone hit the ground and shattered, but it wasn't like he cared.

'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass
Hardly anything there for you to see

There was his wife, laying on the floor. She was pale, cold, and hard. He had seen enough to know that she was gone. His light, the one thing that kept him sane. He let out a cry of anguish as every color washed from his world, and he felt so numb. It was if he couldn't breath. The police that were still on-scene looked at him, as if he were crazy.

Bring me home in a blinding dream
Through the secrets that I have seen

Gevalle woke from his dream, as his alarm-clock sounded. He reached under the bed to the shotgun, picked it up, and crept downstairs. He had been having the dream since it happened, since he took over her position. His light was gone, so he crept farther into the darkness. He would terminate the rival leader, who just so happened to be his son. His son is the reason that he lost her, so he must pay.
Last edited by laika. on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
laika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonCave » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Before even realizing that this viscet was partly a memorial to Chester I new that I wanted to use What I've Done, so I'll be reserving with that. I agree with HellyBoo, a great man has left us.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
  • She/her
  • Cancer ♋
  • Band trash
  • Aquarist
  • More
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Username:steampunkvale
Name:logan
Song; in the end
-he lost everything and even though he trusted his hardest to get it back it just doesn't matter
Last edited by corgiboy on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kamelgirl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:38 pm

username :: kamelgirl
    name :: sterling
    describe a scenario and what song would appear based on it :: i don't actually know how i feel about this, it reads a little clunky to me ;-; oh well. outsider pov because those i think are the most fun!

Felix stared down the shaking viscet and frowned. This was definitely the escaped experiment from Magitech Inc. - its breakout had apparently involved the deaths of several scientists - but he couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. After four years of field work in the Misuse of Magic department, he'd developed an instinct for these situations, and he knew this situation was wrong. The viscet cowering before him, illuminated in the electric blue light of his taser-staff, decidedly did not look capable of cold-blooded murder.

"What's the hold-up, chief?"

Felix sighed as his deputy edged further into his personal space. "Getting anything weird from this, Tikaani?"

The mage squinted over Felix's shoulder. "Those wings, I suppose. Haven't seen anything like 'em before."

Felix eyed the viscet with renewed interest. As if in response to his attention, the softly glowing wings trembled nervously. "How're they different from any other pair of mech wings?"

Tikanni's eyes narrowed. "The magical energy is pouring off them," he said distantly, clearly focused on the readings he was getting. "That's not natural at all. If I could just pinpoint the anchor ..."

Felix glanced at his watch. "Magic time will have to wait until the rogue's been brought in. Experiment #104," he said, forcing himself to ignore the way the addressed viscet went stiff, "Please stand down."

He took two quick steps to the viscet's side and reached out to snap a collar over the its neck. The viscet jerked away, sending Felix stumbling back in time to dodge its massive wings.

As the abruptly blazing wings flared open, a sudden gust of searing wind blew Felix against the brick wall. His head collided with the brick, and for a moment his vision went black.

When it cleared, the strange viscet was looming directly over him. Unable to move, the agent froze. As one wing dipped near enough to read, some detatched part of Felix's brain registered the elegant script: 'but look at you, glowing in the dim light - knocked down but ready for a fistfight ...' Before his eyes, the writing blurred and became: 'when they push, you push harder, no choice, gotta fight back every time.'

Faintly, he could hear Tikaani muttering. "Fascinating - for a magical item to be able to convey its bearer's emotions so directly, it must either have an incredibly strong bond ..."

A sudden tensing of its muscles was the only warning the viscet gave before it lunged. Felix flinched back, anticipating the worst, only to feel a harmless breeze as the viscet soared over him.

"... or it would have to be forcibly anchored in the bearer's soul," Tikaani finished obliviously.

In a blaze of light, the viscet shot out of the alley and vanished into the night, leaving nothing but a dimly shining feather drifting in its wake. Felix's fingers closed gently over it. On it was inscribed, in graceful, spiralling calligraphy, 'I want to know who ever broke you, I want to know how you can grow bigger. Don't go looking for some kind of rescue - you are the only one who can save you.' [500/500]
Last edited by kamelgirl on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

i like cats
rimeclan

avatar by jishokoi, siggie art by me
kamelgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me