by ~Trompy

Viscet #1588 - Video Game Theme - Mechon

Postby ~Trompy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Behold the Power of the Monado!!

Owner: milo.
Name: AX - 3L (Axel)
Owned On: 8/4/17

Based On

For my second video-game themed viscet, is based on a Mechon from the game Xenoblade. These are the "series" of main enemies you face throughout the game. I've clocked 100 hours on this game, too, and still haven't finished it XD It has large areas and a million optional side-quests; with plenty of secrets. If you like exploration games with an amazing story, you might want to check it out!

You have no idea how badly I wanted to keep this or at LEAST make it a DA adopt, but I know plenty of you would really enjoy this as a regular adopt, so I'll be nice ;) I put a lot of time into this viscet, and I want it to go to a good home!

Adopting

To try for this viscet, I want you to tell me what it thinks of robots. Are they the future? Is it scared of them? Also tell me a bit about it's personality and how looking like a robot affects their life, if at all. You have 1000 words for the whole form, and can add art if you wish. Have fun!

Code: Select all
Username:
Viscet Name:
Gender (for breeding purposes):
Personality:
What does it think of Robots:
How does looking like a robot affect it:

This competition ends on July 30th!

Mutations
None

Note: This viscet is NOT a robot, it was just made to look like it! Also, its "glowing" eyes are not a trait and cannot be passed down.
Last edited by ~Trompy on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1589 - Video Game Theme - Mechon

Postby corgiboy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Username:
Steampunkvale
Viscet Name:
Shea
Male
Personality:

(he helps make the robots in a futuristic world)
How does looking like a robot affect it;
(tba)
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1588 - Video Game Theme - Mechon

Postby Placebo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:53 am

bOOIIIII //flails

TROMPY JESUS
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:49 am

Username:
        milo.
      Viscet Name:
        AX - 3L "Axel"
        female
      Personality:
        This is a simple case of nature versus nurture. Sure, it's nature that causes Axel to cling to her "creators" as if she were their own dependent - they were her parents and they were her family until she was upgraded, and even then she still harbors subconscious familial emotions toward the green tinted Viscets that raised her. Yet, it was nurture that turned her into the machine she is today. From a very young age she was taught to believe she was nothing but a machine-- a serum created by her "grandfather" was injected when she was first hatched and it enhanced her strength, build, and thought process; it made it far easier to turn the super soldier ( which had been her original intent ), into the dependent machine they needed. Though mechanical in actions and tone, Axel is extremely humble and kind. Her manners are prim and proper, despite the hostile environment she was raised, though it was partially due to the threats of "reprogramming" that kept her respectable.
        The notion of robotics isn't entirely lost on Axel, though her knowledge is more so a mixture of naivety and confusion. She was raised to believe that she was AI, and in her small world of the laboratories she can't quite place a paw on the reasoning behind her consciousness -- with so many other pieces of technology in the labs, why was she the only robot in there? Despite everyone's best interests, Axel had taken to observing and experimenting on Triple Zero, the other resident of the laboratories - much to Trip's chagrin. She thinks robotics should be a normal thing, and it frustrates her to know that she's the "only AI" that she knows of. Her creators aren't much help, as they simply threaten her with "reprogramming" each time she becomes more self aware. In regards to what she thinks of robotics as a whole, nobody can really answer that question for. Without adequate information on the subject matter, Axel can't form her own thoughts about the material-- which confuses her even more. If she's been told time and time again that she's basically a learning computer... then why can't she learn about herself so easily?
        There have been a few scientists rather adamant on doing autopsies... experimenting and playing around with her brain, but it has been strictly forbidden by her creators, and Axel secretly thanks them for it. There's a bit of fear that plays around scientific circles when it comes to Artificial Intelligence.. and yet there's just as much fascination surrounding her as well. Nobody can really get close enough to see that she is truly flesh and bone and biological... so anyone, upon first sight, believes without a doubt that this is their future and that this AI is the start to a wonderful new technology. There has been talk of showing her off in convention type settings -- what she doesn't realize is that her being shown off would not be due to her robotics and "artificial" mind, but because of how thoroughly she's been manipulated and conditioned. This is a secret her creators will more than likely take with them to the grave, however, and nobody would be the wiser unless she is truly experimented on.
Last edited by milo. on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Username:
Viscet Name:
Personality:

Holy guacamole. OwO
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fukase » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 am

Username: Fukase
Viscet Name: Alvis (named after you know who)
Gender (for breeding purposes): Male
Personality: Cocky, headstrong, challenges those in authority, and loud.
What does it think of Robots: He think robots are dependable and trustworthy as they tend to have one track minds (quite literally) and finds comfort in robots and machinery in general. He likes tinkering with gears and other machinery and almost views robots as kin despite not being an actual robot himself. (Tried to roughly base his personality on Metal Face)
How does looking like a robot affect it: He often inspires fear from most for his very mechanical looking body. But there is also the flip side of people being very interested in him because of his unique look. After all, it could be a great conversation starter.

(I absolutely love Xenoblade chronicles and was geeking out when I saw this.)
Fukase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:52 am

TEN days left to finish your forms!
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphatoros » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 am

Username: alphatoros
Viscet Name: Clunk

Personality: Not often seen as the bright and cheery one, Clunk tends to be very upfront and blunt. This may appear as though they are trying to hurt the feelings of others, however they just don't pick up on social cues and has never seen a problem telling people like it is. Clunk is a very curious viscet, learning about anything and everything others will tell them. This sometimes causes others to get frustrated and annoyed by the overwhelming amount of questions, but with a memory as good as Clunks most information is stored away in their mind for good.

What does it think of Robots: Robots are fascinating creations of science and engineering, and they love them. The programming, the thought of the design, Clunk is definitely proud to look like one of these breakthroughs of the world.

How does looking like a robot affect it: Though they receive the occasional side glance and concerned, shocked looks, Clunk is mostly left unbothered. It may gives others a bad first impression, as Clunk does appear rather threatening, but after learning about their child like nature the concern is quick to ebb from on-lookers minds.

Most call me Alpha, but I also go by Toro.
they/her ★ asexual ★ panromantic

My RP Characters | Character Hub | Insta
alphatoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:22 pm

48 hour notice!
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvuss » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:25 pm

My adopt limit for this month is full and I am entering for stubs and character creation experience~
Username
sschw

Viscet Name
Laicifitra

Gender (for breeding purposes)
Female

Personality
Laicifitra is a very defiant and independent viscet. No one can tell her what to do, and shes always right, even if she knows shes wrong. As a child she was pushed around a lot and she forced herself to change and fight back. If she knows someone's idea is good or right, she will slightly change their idea even if it makes it, causes issues just so she can claim it as her own. To offer her help is an insult. She is also quick to jump to conclusions and enforce her thoughts with violence rather than words. Viscets avoid her because she became like those she was teased by.

There aren't many who get close to Laicifitra, but once they do she treats them slightly differently. Occasionally she will agree with something they say, and won't make an effort to fight them over small things that don't matter like she would with most. She indirectly protects them. Laici would fight for a friend to the death, but she would never let them know that. She tries her best to seem emotionless or aggressive to minimize any kind of interaction from others.

What does it think of Robots
Laicifitra despises robots. She blames them for her past and believes that any advancements in intelligent technology will bring the world closer to its end. They seem pointless to her and feel as if they drain the life out of the world around them. They work in patterns and on timers, both of which Laici despises.

How does looking like a robot affect it Laicifitra's childhood was miserable because of her appearance. At the time many small robots were appearing in her home. They attacked viscets, stole food, and overall caused problems. Their orgin was unknown but they had a close resemblance to her. Many made fun of her joking that if they got too close, their pelts would be stained in poisonous oil, or she would move and pinch her with her gears. Any time it rained they would complain she smelled of rust. All the name calling and teasing caused her to shrink away from confrontation. She lived like this for a long time until robot attacks got more and more extreme. Viscets began to live in constant fear of them, rather than them being small pests. She began to notice others jump or flinch with fear when they would spot her from the corner of their eye before realizing she wasn't actually a robot. This made her feel powerful in a way she never had before. She took this newfound power and used it as much as she could. Laici acted aggressive, occasionally snapping at those who caused her trouble in the past. It was fun to see them quickly stumble away or take shelter behind a friend.

Her eyes were her most powerful weapon. If the light caught her eyes in the right way they appeared to glow. Most glows were associated with the robots, so her piercing red eyes sent fear through many. As an adult she now takes pride in her appearance. It helps her seem more intimidating and allows her to get what she wants with little to no effort.
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me