Artist magpiemochi. [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1563

Postby magpiemochi. » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:09 am

username: milo.
name: Oirbsen

Here's the first of my two mermaid adopts for the theme ;o; The next one will be out soon <3

It had a string of lights along the frill, but it ended up looking terrible so unfortunately i had to remove it. ;n; anyway, onto the contest!

i'd like to know how they feel about the ocean. Are they afraid of it? do they love it? maybe they're indifferent ... It doesn't matter to me! I just want to know c: you'll have unlimited words to tell me, and then two extras. you can either do two art pieces or 1000 words in total for the two extras c: have fun <3

rules wrote:— be cool. don't be passive aggressive or rude.
— how do they feel about the ocean? tell me in unlimited words.
— two extras; either two art pieces or 1000 words together.
— the skeleton form is just a guideline. you don't have to follow it exactly.
— have fun!!

mutations wrote:complex mane — rare
cheek/elbow tufts — uncommon

Code: Select all
name:

extras;
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1563

Postby FNAF » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:19 am

name:

extras;

wip!!
    vince he/him adult ⚣
    meowmeowmeow
FNAF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonCave » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:42 am

Might enter?? I'm already in two comps so might not but awesome design either way c:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
  • She/her
  • Cancer ♋
  • Band trash
  • Aquarist
  • More
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:53 am

don't have time for this baby but there will definitly be gift art for the winner when i can get to it O3o
Last edited by corgiboy on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:01 pm

name: Booker
how do they feel about the ocean?
Booker is actually afraid of the ocean. Major wip
extras;
Last edited by ~Ash Wolf~ on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:48 am

name:
        Orsen Oirbsen
      how do they feel about the ocean?

the ocean has always been a fascination to Orsen. since he was a Viscling, he would sit on the beach
        for hours just watching the waves roll and crash. the power from the churning waters thicken the air
        he breathes, and he is drawn in more and more as the days pass him by. the island he lives on is small,
        so if he were to take a couple days trip around the island, every single side of his home is surrounded
        by this powerful force and though it's rather calming and all he's ever known... his yearning to conquer
        the unpredictable currents is far greater than anything else he's ever felt. yes, the ocean is powerful.
        Orsen will harness this power one day, and he will use it to his own benefit.

extras;

he wakes hesitantly, drifting in and out of consciousness and only vaguely aware of the bodies that have
        begun to surround him. the hushed chatter is muffled with water clogged ears, and the silhouetted figures
        gathering next to him are blurry - out of focus. Orsen drifts off one last time before he finally wakes for
        good, head shaking and jaws parting eagerly for the water that's offered to him. he gulps it down, near
        gasping for air when the bowl is pulled away and he can finally assess his situation.

when he sits up, he's astounded to see others like himself-- he wasn't naive, he knew there had to be others
        out there off his island, but he'd never seen anyone but his own clan. it was exciting, but a tad but overwhelming
        as well considering the situation. he'd lost everyone and everything he'd ever known. he supposed...
        everything would be new and overwhelming now. it takes a moment for him to notice their positions-- each
        Viscet in the den is bowing their head, ears pulled back and eyes cast downward in respect. Orsen would
        laugh if he had the voice for it. he attempts to sit up further, brows creasing and tail tip flicking in confusion.

"Oirbsen, Keeper of the Otherworld. we welcome you to the Northern Xristien Clan."

"who?"

the one holding the bowl of water smiles brightly, stepping forward when addressed and finally lifting her head.

"i know you've had quite the journey, Oirbsen. i can't imagine how your journey here must have been! we
        all felt it." her eyes are so filled with concern and admiration, Orsen can't help but tilt his head to smile a
        little. she was treating him like some sort of God. in all their eyes, he truly was. "we felt the rumbling
        of the dirt beneath our paws, and we watched the waves grow larger and crash along the rocks. it was a
        beautiful sight, my Lord, but seeing you in the midst of our clan is even more so."

Orsen's smile curls into a sly smirk. he could get used to this.

Orsen remembers a time where he was ridiculed and belittled for his obsession with the sea. he remembered
        a time when his clan would try to intervene-- try to make him give up on all this foolish nonsense of adventure
        and focus on what was most important: home. well, to the large male, the ocean was his home. he
        would shout about it until he was blue in the face. the sea was the air he breathed and the blood in his veins.

the false Deity gazes down from his makeshift "throne", at the Northern Xristien clan below as they tell stories
        to one another. the most popular among the youngsters was the day their Keeper Oirbsen came to them. it's a
        tale of glory. a tale of wonder and adventure and ... Orsen remembers it very differently to the tales that are
        told around the glen.

he remembers the screams of his clan as his home island is swallowed up by the sea. he remembers how he
        and his crew just barely made it onto his ship-- the one he'd been building since he was a child. the one
        everyone gave him grief about and now it was going to save his life. Orsen remembers how none of them had
        ever left the island before... they were utterly lost as to what needed to be done in order to voyage over
        seas. no food... no water. nothing but each other, and the heat of the blinding sun and the vast expanse of
        blue, blue, blue... he also remembers how mad they all grew.

he vaguely remembers talking to himself, pacing the deck, stepping over the bodies of his former crew
        members and shouting at whatever Gods would hear him. cursing them. screaming in agony over the loss
        of everything he ever knew. yet he also remembers waking on the beach, surrounded by those who already
        cared for him. loved him without prompt. they believed he was worth something, and worth something
        he was. though a false life he would lead from then on, for years, he was finally worth something
        and that alone kept him going.

until the sea began to call for him again, under his given name.

"Keeper Oirbsen?" a small voice calls up to the rocks where he's lounging, tail tip wiggling in excitement as
        the Viscling gazes up at him. "will you tell us a story about your adventures?"

he's about to shake his head when he sees two more younglings join the first. the male puffs some air from
        his cheeks, rolling his eyes though in a playful manner. he's taken on this aloof persona as Oirbsen - he's cool.
        popular. everything he'd always wanted to be. he replies with a playfully clipped; "ah, well. i guess so."
        before stretching his legs and toes out, and hopping from the rocks to the grass below. "now, what do you all
        want to hear?"

one of the pups bounces around, excited chirps escaping as he asks about the time he sailed across all seven
        seas
        just to deliver the important souls of a royal army. Orsen reaches out a paw to stop his bouncing before
        settling them all down and shutting his eyes. he tilts his head back, nose pressed to the wind to catch the familiar
        ocean scent. in moments like these... where he has to play the part, he truly believes he is the Keeper Oirbsen.
so he tells the story without falter. carefully spun lies caressing
impressionable minds, and he loves the attention it brings.
Last edited by milo. on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me