Wind Reaper Nursery - [closed] by SilverSamurai

Based on Click to view
Artist SilverSamurai [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Wind Reaper Nursery - [closed]

Postby SilverSamurai » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:46 am

Wind Reapers are a species of dragon that inhabit high ground, most commonly seen on mountain peaks. Their long, thin body allows them to maneuver steep slopes and jagged cliffs with ease. With their strong back legs, they can easily climb trees and make amazing leaps. Although they are unable to fly, their light body weight allows them to glide, with help from their high jumps and long tails. Their tails are very flexible, helping them climb and glide. Despite their appearance, most Reapers are relatively timid and shy. They are loners, however occasionally enjoy a friends company. They mate for life due to their lack of trust for others, and can live for up to 30 years.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Image ImageImage Image

Staff wrote:Creator and owner: SilverSamurai

Co-owner: Raven Brigade

Archivist: Lieicent
Artists wrote:- SilverSamurai
- Akita_
- .Lone Wolf.

Like the species? Support us!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3040002][img]http://s18.postimg.org/rxcl8a9mx/stamp_1.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3040002][img]http://i59.tinypic.com/69dg5h.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wind Reaper Nursery - [closed]

Postby SilverSamurai » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:46 am

Breeding;

Wind Reapers mate for life, and can only breed 5 times over their lifetime. Some will choose to never mate and breed, while others are more comfortable and social with others. Reapers can only breed with their mate, and will lay 1-2 eggs each time. The eggs are fairly large, about the size of an ostrich egg. Parents will incubate the egg(s) for 2 months until they hatch, and the nestlings will stay for up to a year. They are fully grown around 5 years of age, and will have long left their parents nest by then.

Reapers breed in seasons, or every 7-8 months if they choose to do so. However, for nursery reasons, all these times will be shortened:

A Reaper can only breed once a month.
Egg- 3 days after lay.
Nestling (hatched)- 1 week
Adult- forever

While rare, some Reapers do not grow past their nestling stage. This does not mean they are not mature, they are just unable to breed and will not grow to full size. This is known as a 'Stunted Reaper'. Stunted Reapers are rare and are usually more withdrawn from their flock/family. Stunted reapers can not breed. They only occur through breeding (or a custom), and have a 10% chance of occurrence in the second egg. Reapers must be mates to breed, and can only have one non-paired (OOC) breeding in its lifetime.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Variation chances;;

- Wind Reapers will always lay at least one egg per breeding, and have a 33% chance of laying a second.

- A second egg is uncommon, and is usually smaller than the first egg laid and has a 10% chance of becoming 'Stunted', a rare mutation that prevents the Reaper from growing larger than its child appearance.

- Uncommon variations have a 50% chance of being passed down to the offspring. If both parents have the trait (vulture skull, wing variation, exc.), the chance is not doubled, but instead is rolled twice.

- Rare variations have 25% chance of being passed down. If both parents have the trait (mammal skull, extra wings, exc), the chance is not doubled, but instead is rolled twice.
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Forms + additional info

Postby SilverSamurai » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:13 am

Additional Info;;

- Wind Reapers can be any orientation or gender, however only a biologically male and female pair can produce offspring. Reapers can be transgender and no gender preference, however for nursery purposes a biological gender is required.

-Both Reapers do not have to be owned by the user posting the form, however proof must be provided in the post that both users are ok with the breeding with a screenshot showing the approval. ex. "I, -user 1-, give permission to user 2 to breed x and y" or something along those lines would be great.

- Co-owning is fine! However, the Reaper has to be documented in the archives as a single user and will take only that users slot.

Forms for breeding;;

Both parents owned by you;;

Mother;; [url]name[/url]
Breeding number - (how many times bred)
+
Father;; [url]name[/url]
Breeding number - (how many times bred)

Previous children;; (link/s)
(if none, leave blank.)

One parent owned by you;;