Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Viscet #936 - Closed

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Owner: x
Name: Jolon

So I got a new job working oxen at a farm museum, and its been literally killing me (hence why Ive been so inactive round here). This is a little darling to celebrate however, because I finally quit my second job at a kill shelter that I honestly hated, where as Im actually really happy at the farm museum. So now I should have more time and less money but oh welllmao

For this beauty, just give them a cool name with Native American origins. Include the english meaning of the name and feel free to come up with a story to back it up, or find a real story to add! As long as it somehow is themed around Native Americans basically lol

[Form ]
Code: Select all
Username:
Native American Name:
Name Meaning/Translation:
Story Behind The Name (Optional):

- Prettying up is fine, but keep it simple
- No other extras allowed
- Be sure to stick with the Native American theme
- Please be respectful of the culture

Ending Date: 9/13/16

Mutations: ///Smooth Horns (Uncommon) || Rabbit Nose (Uncommon)///
Last edited by ShadyBro on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #936 - Open

Postby grifforik » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:20 pm

OMLOARD I love it!!! This is one beautiful baby Shady!!! hehe
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|||

Postby Guzma » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:34 pm

So pretty... Dunno if I'll be able to enter for this one since I have so many other stories to work on currently. Still gonna have a tiny form set up tho just incase... Lolz, guess who decided to take a break from everything else and enter for this fella

Username: Shimada

Native American Name: Takoda

Name Meaning/Translation: Friend to everyone

Story Behind The Name: When Takoda was very young there were many young viscets who would be scared to talk to him because they were intimidated by his horns. Because of this Takoda refrained from talking to any of them, for the fear of scaring them off even more. One day however, Takoda was tired of not having anyone to talk to or really call a friend so he went up to another viscet and kindly introduced himself. Within a few minutes of the conversation this other viscet realized that Takoda really wasn't that scary, and in fact extremely friendly. Taking notice to how this viscet had acted with him now, Takoda had then attempted to talk to others. Eventually he had reached a point where he had made enough friends to form his own pack.

Last edited by Guzma on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___
━━━━━━━━━━━━━《 the sun will rise...
...and we will try again 》━━━━━━━━━━━
i'm nai. a bit more on the casual side in terms of
trading. we're more focused on trying to
collect
all of the Halloween pets.
Guzma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny little box » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Username: tiny little box
Native American Name:Aqissiaq
Name Meaning/Translation: like a bird
The reason why they are named that way is because they always are up in the tree tops,watching over there pact from the sky and protecting those on the bottom,although he gets his long horns stuck in the trees.He loves the feeling of the hair in his fur,the smell of the fresh air and watching all the young ones from above
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Max » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Username: Max
Native American Name: Akando
Name Meaning/Translation: "Ambush"
Story Behind The Name: As a viscling, Akando explored mostly on her own, as her egg was left in a cave in the desert. Nearby was a desert tribe, called the Elk Valley tribe. She was soon found wandering around the desert and was taken in by this tribe as one of their own, however she did not have a name that they knew of, and she was too young to tell them if she did, so they gave her the name "Akando," meaning "ambush" because of her tendency to sneak up on other viscets and jump on them, as if she were play fighting. she did this when a hunting party from the tribe attempted to retrieve her, but she was too busy teasing them by hiding from them in plain sight then sneaking up on them from behind. She did this quite often, which of course, led to her name.
Max

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonlover9 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:44 pm

Username: Dragonlover9
Native American Name: Alo
Name Meaning/Translation:Spiritual guide
Story Behind The Name (Optional):When Alo was little he was easly scared by ghost or specter stories and since his friends would tell him these stories before bed time Alo couldn't sleep at night because he was to scared one time he heard something outside of his den "Im done being a scardy cat"he thought as he slowly walked out of his den once he was outside he didn't see anything he then started looking around "it couldn't have just disapeared"he said but he got distracted by the pretty night sky as he looked it he felt something "its just the wind"he thought until sudenly he heard a voice say "im not the wind silly" Alo turned around to see who it was his heart started beating faster then ever but when he turned around there was nothing ''were are you show your self im not scared!"he said with a scared tone in his voice,to that the spirit replyed "silly Im a spirit and only very lucky people can hear me and my other spirit friend" Alo was confused "what does that mean?" he asked the spirit,and the spirit facepalmed itself "that means your gifted and only a couple more people can hear spirits...Also im your grandmother"it replyed to Alo,"ok I get it...your my grandmother!?"he said now his grandmothers spirit had enough but didn't want to sound rude "Yes I am your Grandmother now can you bring your mother a message,"she said and Alo replyed "what message?"with a litle smile,"tell your mother that her breath smells''the spirit said and disapeared Alo then went back into his den and woke up his mom,his mom looked at him and said"what we still need to think of your name" and she sounded tiered Alo replied "I talked to grannies spirit and she said that your breath smells"Alo said with a smile as his mother replied "so you talked to grannies spirit and she told you my breath stinks?.....Jorge wake up!"he said as Alo's dad woke up and walked outside with his mother they talked a bit and then walked back into the den "we have desided on your name"she said smiling."What is it!?"Alo said not knowing what the have chosen "your name is Alo its means Spiritual guide"Alo looked at his parents "but my friend's already call me that,But now its my name instead of my nickname and I love it!"
he said with a smile and thats how he got his name

this amazing masterpiece was done by Jelly_fish they have an art shop here is the link to it if you are interested http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3137126
I myself have an art shop at http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3128072
dragonlover9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SoupPupped » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:49 pm

Username:
SoupPupped
Native American Name:
Jolon
Valley of the dead oaks
While looking for a place with his tribe for their oxen, the unnamed Viscet wandered off on his own. He was very young, and his tribe did not want him to be exploring places by himself. His father, the chief of the tribe, had obviously considered the names Ahote (Restless one) or Bemossed (Walker) due to the fact he liked to wander where he wasn't supposed to. The young Viscet twitched his small rabbit-like nose as he stumbled through the forest. He sniffed the air as he walked clumsily and the trees began to thin. He hadn't been paying attention when he felt one of his paws fall off of the edge of the hill. A yelp came out of his mouth as he began falling, tail over head. He couldn't make sense of which way was up or down. Then, he landed on solid ground with a soft thud. He quickly hopped up and looked around, crouching down for the fear of danger. When he sniffed and realized there was no predator nearby, he stood and began to explore once again. He had landed in the perfect location for the tribe's oxen. There were even oxen already living there. His face lit up at the fresh, green grass and dead oak trees within the valley. He quickly began to run back to his tribe, remembering the directions to get to the valley. His father had been so proud and inspired by the young Viscet finding the valley, that he named his son "Jolon", meaning valley of the dead oaks.
Last edited by SoupPupped on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
female - heterosexual - slytherin - extrovert - AFJROTC color guardImage
Hi, I'm Danny, a moody teenager who one days wants to be an MP/MWD handler in the  . I enjoy Camp Camp, Harry Potter, South Park, Rick and Morty, roleplaying, Hunter Avallone, Big Mouth, SVTFOE, Miraculous Ladybug, and of course, cadences. Don't be afraid to PM me or send me a trade at any time.
favorite cadence - haha yes
mood; heartbroken

days until surgery: 2

days until christmas: 8

SoupPupped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swoorny » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:17 am

Username: Swoorny
Native American Name: Man'una
Name Meaning/Translation: Earthmaker
Story Behind The Name (Optional): The Winnebago Origin Myth In the beginning Earthmaker was sitting in space. When he came to consciousness, nothing was there anywhere. He began to think of what he should do, and finally he began to cry and tears flowed from his eyes and fell below him. After a while he looked below him and saw something bright. The bright object below him represented his tears. As they fell they formed the present waters. When the tears flowed they became the seas as they are now. Earthmaker began to think again. He thought, "It is thus: If I wish anything it will become as I wish, just as my tears have become seas." Thus he thought. So he wished for light and it became light. Then he thought: "It is as I thought, the things that I have wished for have come into existence as I desired." Then again he thought and wished for the earth, and the earth cam into existence. Earthmaker looked at the earth and he liked it; but it was not quiet. It moved about as do the waters of the seas. Then he made the trees and he liked them but they did not make the earth quiet. Then he made some grass but it likewise did not cause the earth to become quiet. Then he made rocks and stones but still the earth was not quiet. It was however almost quiet. Then he made the four directions and the four winds. At the four corners of the earth he placed them as great and powerful people, to act as island weights. Yet still the earth was not quiet. Then he made four large beings and threw them down towards the earth, and they pierced through the earth with their heads eastward. They were snakes. Then the earth became very still and quiet. Then he looked at the earth and he liked it.
Then again he thought of how it was that things came into being just as he desired. Then for the first time he began to talk and he said, "As things are just as I wish them I shall make a being in my own likeness." So he took a piece of clay and made it like himself. Then he talked to what he had created but it did not answer. He looked at it and saw that it had no mind or thought. So he made a mind for it. Again he talked to it but it did not answer. So he looked at it again and saw that it had no tongue. Then he made it a tongue. Then he spoke to it but still it did not answer. He looked at it and saw that it had no soul. So he made it a soul. Then he talked to it again and it very nearly said something, but it could not make itself intelligible. So Earthmaker breathed into its mouth and then talked to it and it answered.
(Story from here: http://www.native-languages.org/hochunkstory.htm)

Hello I am Swoorny.
I live in Germany.
I love Horse Riding
And I own two horses
who are named
Stian (Haflinger) and
Scooby (Mini-Shetland Pony)

Swoorny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagome963 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:28 am

Username: JayFur93 ((Entering for him cause he works all week.))
Native American Name:
      WIP
┌────────┘♥└────────┐
Female ♡ Adult
Nightmare ♡ Married
Proud Mother
She/Her Pronouns
└────────┐♥┌────────┘
┌─────┘♥└─────┐
Fursonas