Re: Kalon #542 // Fennec Fox (Round 3, pg 20)

Postby candystars. » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:06 am

Username: harambe was innocent
Name: Kuro
- - -
Relationships:
1; Ayana
Positive- (246 words)
His tiny desert mouse friend. Kuro is always there to protect her and is always willing to do so, after all thats what friends are for! They're quite close, as the desert is quite empty and Ayana is the only non-hostile creature he's met, and the same goes for Ayana. They've been traveling together for a long time now, long enough for Kuro to have made her a matching bandana and sachel to carry whatever they find in. Ayanas his 'partner in crime' and he wouldnt give her up for anything. Since they're both travelers they both have little to no money, as a result they decide to steal (similar to Aladdin if you think about it). They've been banned from many towns throughout the desert, but they don't care as long as they've got eachother. Although they're both crooks who steal they both try to do it in the most humane way possible, often going into the trash as its not considered stealing but edible things in the trash are very scarce, so instead they simply grab things from farm/food stands and go instead of pulling a knife on someone or pushing someone over to get a meal. They've been through a lot together, from large police men chasing them to having to fight snakes and other hostile animals throughout the desert so Ayana wont get eaten, it's been quite a long trip and theyre both excited for many years of traveling to come!

2; Sirius
Positive- (318 words)
Sirius works for a baker and manages a bakery in one of the only towns Kuro and Ayana have robbed. Kuro and Ayana were rummaging through the dumpster, desperate for a meal until Sirius came out back. They both tensed up and prepared to run until Sirius said "Hey- wait! Are you two hungry? Here, wipe your feet off on the matt and come inside for a meal and some tea". He held the door open, letting them come inside as Kuro and Ayana looked at eachother, unsure if they wanted to come inside and trust this stranger. Once inside, Sirius used his break time to sit down with them and chat. Sirius had always been interested in others lives and thought that it was amazing how everyone has a completely different daily life. He was intrigued when he learned that they were both travelers, as its been his dream to travel but he hasnt saved enough money to go where he wants so he's here, at a breadshop working as a bread boy. They sat for the whole hour chatting until Sirius' break time was up, and he went back to grab them each an extra piece of bread for the road ahead. Both of them felt bad that they didn't pay him and Kuro and Ayana rummaged through their sachels to find something. In return for the food and tea they gave Sirius a star pendant they found, and he now proudly wears it on his collar as a reminder to not give up on his dream of traveling as he hopes to fly to wherever he wants to one day and possibly join Ayana and Kuro. Every once in a while Kuro and Ayana will stop by in town and have another chat about whatevers gone on since they've last seen eachother and Kuro and Ayana will show off whatever they've found throughout the desert.

3; Sheppherd
Negative- (531 words)
Sheppherd was almost like his brother. He found Kuro abandoned, named him, and cared for him until he was 14. They were as close as can be and Kuro refused to leave Sheppherds side. Once Kuro was 13 he realized that Sheppherd treated him more like a pet than a brother and constantly was making him do almost anything and everything. He also realized that someday he'll have to split from Sheppherd and go on his own way, and constantly thought about what he'd want to do. It was stressing him a ton, and he wanted to know very bad, so he thought that the more that you think about it the more likely it is to come,, but for Kuro this wasn't the case. Kuro finally decided that his life purpose won't come to him, he'll have to go find it. He thought very long and hard and the longer he thought the more he stressed so he finally settled on his choice. On the night of his 14th birthday Kuro blew out his candles, celebrating with Sheppherd. As they ate Kuro put down his fork, and asked "Do you want to know what I wished for?" Sheppherd, replied "You can tell me if you want but it might not come true if you do". Kuro gulped,, and, shakily said "I wish to move out of this house to travel and find my dream, my purpose." Sheppherd suddenly dropped his fork and grew in rage, suddenly bursting out. He started screaming at Kuro, saying no, that he cant leave and he never will leave this house, and screaming about how all he's done is cared for Kuro and now he wants to leave and throw that all away. He screamed about how dreams are nothing and never come true, and that Kuro doesn't have the power to make his happen. Kuro teared up quickly and stood up, screaming back about how hes treated like a pet and cant remember the last time sheppherd said he's proud of him or that he loves him, and that Kuro was doing everything for Sheppherd and Sheppherd did nothing for him. Kuro was enraged, but Sheppherd was even more enraged, screaming at him to get out. Kuro quickly stormed to his room, packed everything he needed in the sachem he had and went on his way, but as he left Kuro said "make sure the door hits you on the way out and make sure it hits you hard, I never want to see your disrespectful ungrateful brat face ever again." and he slammed the door on Kuros behind, making him fall down the steps. Sheppherd opened the door one last time, in tears, and threw the bandana Kuro made himself for Sheppherds birthday. Sheppherd constantly wore it but now he doesnt. Sheppherd finally said "take this with you, I dont want it" and threw it out the door. That was the last Kuros seen of Shepherd and keeps the bandana with the adress written on the tag so one day, once he finds his dream and is satisfied with his life, he can go back to sheppherd and prove him wrong.

Optional Extra: here ya go (Kuro and ayana sketch)
Part 1 Form: xxxxx
Part 2 Form: xxxxx

Image00
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote:
Call me candy, star, or kap! :>
She/her but I don't mind anything else!

My character website

My DeviantArt

art tumblr

I Amn just............ a litle creacher. Thatse it. i canot change this
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

candystars.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chippitty » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:42 am

Username:
Lyrics

Name:
"Hello," he yawns, putting his paw to his eyes and scratching them slightly. "Didn't see you there." he chuckles jokingly and sits down. "I'm Dyssodia. But you may call me Dys."

He looks at you, looking sleepier than usual. He rubs his paw slightly as if to wake up. "I'm male," he smiles.

··D ʏ ʀ ʀʟɪ ʜ ʏ· ɴ ··

Attack! Retreat! Attack! Retreat!
Wei Long Xue and he were never on good terms. Not even from the start. It all started in a seminar for college. Wei was visiting when Dys's best friend excused herself because of "important happenings". Dys' was never the one to fight, not at all. But when something happens, and by something he means a personal something, he will never ever let his gaurd down. Not even once. Dys never forgets pain and he forgets a lot of things. It all started when Wei said "Pffft, artists are just a buncha frauds. Especially that guy messin' up the beach." Messin up the beach? Fraud? Dys is slow to anger but... He wouldn't shut his yap! Dys would admit that it hurt but the monotone voice he has never shows it. "I think that guy is doing all of us a favor. At least he's saying something certain kals don't have the tail shine to do." anger was obvious on his face. His brows were scrunched and his tone turned into a slight growl but he stayed cool. Are you serious? That guy is an idiot. Better ho back to using crayons if he can't make a darn sand castle right." and that's when he snapped. Dys practiced years for him to get that good. And he can't say it's perfect but if that kal won't shush he will get physical. "Listen here, bub. That sculpture was... Forget it." he walked away. He is known for some of his works but he knows which battles to choose.
Owned by finch.

Why do you assume that you're the smartest inthe room?!

Carribean Fiodel. An arrogant young kalon who destroyed his childhood. They were actually friends. Really good friends. If they had anything in common it was the ocean. And Carribean destroyed it.
"Why're you so lazy?"
"Cuz."
"You know you gotta start working hard at some point."
"I work hard."
"Not enough. You're so lazy."
"So?? What's your deal?"
"You. Kalons are talking about you."
"Let them talk and don't control me. You're not my mom."
"YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A MOM!"
"..."
"N-no... Dy's I.."
"Neither do you."
Owned by me

I look into your eyes and the sky's the limit

Jubilee was a friend since the eighth grade. Well, classmates more likely. They actually became friend when they got older. Dys was in a phase of artistic turmoil. He couldn't find his passion and a wave just ruined his most recent masterpiece. It just needed one more touch. But what. He was bawling on the sand when he somewhat a familiar face looking at him. "Are you alright?" she asked. He dramatically wiped his tears and faced her. "No." and spat at the sand in dusgust and cried some more. "How may I be of service?" she smiled kindly. Her smile was warm and inviting. Like the cookies from his mother's bakeshop. He chuckled. "My sand sculpture. It needed one more thing." but now. He scratched the idea. "Hey..." she looked at him. "Chill, how about we just make one? Together?" she chuckled and so did he. And eversince then they became close friends. It's been about three years since then actually. Owned by Pink Present

Link to form 1: x
Link to form 2: x
Last edited by Chippitty on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chippitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:42 am

Username: Eternal_Flame
    Name: Lauren

Relationships:

Haiti (Mixed)
    The two met before during a sandstorm. Young at the time Lauren had questioned Haiti about everything there was to know about the world outside her burrow, not knowing that in 7 years time she'd be following in her footsteps out of this place. Haiti, while hostile to most adults and persons had softened immediately into meeting her smiling when youbg Lauren tried to listen intently, her ears far too large for her. Over the next few years Lauren learned of medics and hoped to see Haiti again. It would not be until she was a young adult that she'd meet Haiti again, who seemed to understand the desert more than she thought. Haiti turned out to be a good teacher despite her sharp tongue and Lauren learned great things from her especially in terms of medicine. The two were at best mentor and apprentice and at worst squabbling children. Lauren and Haiti often get into arguments over the silliest of things but there is no mistake that if you butt in Haiti and Lauren will snap at you instead.
    [180]

Granpap (Positive)
    One of the oldest members of Lauren's family, and the oldest kalon around this heavy desert. He was once a merchant in a beautiful bazaar, in a kingdom far far away. They lived like kings, he’d say to Lauren, riches upon riches hidden in their many burrows. But all was not good in their kingdom. When the drought persisted and times were hard and even the chill of the night could not shake the thirst, many were say to have gone mad. Lauren’s Grandfather was almost such a kalon until fate pointed him to not a mirage but a beautiful oasis filled with bottled scrolls! He drank from the chilling water and it showed him a beautiful palace buried deep in the ground. Her grandfather however was known for this tale and often everyone laughed at his longing, wistfulness, but Lauren believed every word. She didn’t take too kindly to those who made fun of the old man, for if they too had dreams they would never wish to see them crushed! Lauren made a promise to him on the night of her ‘escape’, telling him she would find his red palace and bring back their riches, their gold, their water. Ever since she’s been on the run.

[208]

Part 1 Form:
    X
    Part 2 Form:
    X
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Starshimmer* » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:56 am

Username: *Starshimmer*
Name: Alora
Previous Round Forms: R1 R2
- - -
Relationships:
Keopi || Friend || Positive
Being classmates in college, Alora gets along quite well with Keopi. They were often found huddled together in the library studying, checking each other's work and boosting morale. Due to Keopi's job as a barista, Alora found her love of tea through him, leading her to experiment in creating her own special tea blend, a recipe that is now exclusive to Keopi's cafe. Due to their passive, quiet, gentle nature, there is hardly any bickering between the two and when they get into an argument, its very civil and ends with a compromise for both parties. Alora is glad she's made a friend in Keopi as they are alike in many ways, both in personality and interests. As a teacher/counselor, Alora is able to appreciate Keopi's writing and often brings him in to help teach her students about writing. The influence they have on each other is a very peaceful and positive one.

Her Students || Precious Younglings || Mixed
Being a teacher/counselor, Alora is expected to love all of her students and while that is true for the most part, there are times she questions her abilities as a teacher. Some of the students that Alora deals with drive her up a wall and although she doesn't show it on the outside, inside, she'd love to (literally) smack some sense into the kids. When students are struggling in her class, she offers as much help as she can, however she begins to doubt her abilities as she starts believing that she's too fast/hard/etc. for the kids and that makes her a bad teacher. When kids succeed, she is reminded why she does what she does and happily celebrates her kids' achievements. However, despite driving her bonkers and making her question her sanity, she really does love her job and the kids she helps. At the end of the day, she's made a difference in the kids' lives, no matter how big or small. That's the real reward for her.
.: TH .:. Caard .:. FR .:. PFQ .:. Goatlings :.

moderator/banker for kalons, slowly coming back from sick leave
currently lurking when i have the energy, replies will not be timely

*Starshimmer*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:03 am

You guys have one extra hour while I finish working on something!
Once I'm done I'll post the contest is over. This will be about an hour (6:00 PM EST) give or take!

- - -

ROUND 3 CLOSED.
Due to the issues I met judging this round and the fact I loved all your ideas, the people who are not moving onto the next round will get 1 hm each (so long as their forms fit the guidelines and end date)! You guys all did incredible and made it difficult to choose. ;w;

HMS GO TO
true knight, **Snowwhisper**, elf_of_the_hollow, forgive,
Kaitlynizer, wolf ;;, samebird, Zendaru, Lyrics, and *Starshimmer*!

Finally ...

USERS ELIGIBLE FOR ROUND 4 ARE:

1) The Pirate
2) Champion.
3) Downn
4) viixen
5) wajas
6) Mint Chip
7) messenger
8) ~Soul~
9) ABeardedDragon
10) kamelgirl
11) ege
12) harambe was innocent
13) Eternal_Flame

- - -

ROUND FOUR INFO

Since the last rounds have been writing-focused, let's do an art focused round!
However, to be fair to those more inclined to writing, you'll be allowed some wording if you choose!

Pick one of these themes and draw a picture relating to it.
It can be a fullbody with background, a sketch, a finished drawing, commissioned or drawn by you!
Writing for this part must remain under 350 words.

THEME PROMPTS ARE:
  • A Dream They Had
    (Writing Part: How did it affect them? Is it reoccurring? A dream? A nightmare? A written version of it?)
  • Them Achieving a Goal
    (Writing Part: Why did they want to achieve this goal? Is it them daydreaming or did this actually happen?)
  • A Loss
    (Writing Part: Of a friend? Enemy? Pet? What did they loose, positive or negative?)

Remember you only have one art piece (cannot be animated beyond blinking/flickering) and 350 words.
You may skip the writing if you want, but the drawing is the minimum requirement!

Prettying up is permitted but not required.

- - -

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
- - -
[b]Art:[/b]
[b]Optional Description:[/b]
[b]Part 1 Form:[/b]
[b]Part 2 Form:[/b]
[b]Part 3 Form:[/b]

The end date for this round is September 13th at 5:00 pm est.
Best of luck. c:
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:12 am

Results are up.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #542 // Fennec Fox (Round 4, pg 24)

Postby Vixen Luo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:15 am

congrats to y'all who made it through <3 the winner is more than welcome to keep my art! I appreciate the HM. c:
    please stop asking me to give you my viscets. thank you!
Vixen Luo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ROUND 4 - Marcus

Postby Downn » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:18 am

Marcus

revious forms ;
round one form
round two form
round three form

sername ;
Downn

ame ;
Marcus

ender ;
Male

- - -

rt ;

A Dream He's Had
"A... a dream? Well, most dreams I have are n-nightmares. I'm rather prone to them. But sometimes I have good ones. Or rather, a good one. It's... recurring." Marcus looks rather embarrassed and avoids your gaze for a moment. "I-It's kinda silly, because I know it could never happen, but I keep having it anyway. And every time I do, I feel... happy. Genuinely happy, just for that moment. A-and when I wake up, I'm disappointed and just... angry that it wasn't real." He lets out a soft sigh. "Every time."
"It's n-not even that interesting. But for me, it means a lot. Here..." Marcus pulls out a notebook and a pencil, and begins sketching something. "I'm not m-much of an artist... I drew more often when I was younger, but the headmistress at the orphanage said drawing was a 'useless pastime'. Just like music." Marcus's face twists in anger at the memory. "If it w-wasn't for her, maybe I would actually be good at something." The kalon's voice cracks mid-sentence. He stares resolutely at his work while he draws, not once glancing back up. "Maybe... I wouldn't be so useless."
After awhile, Marcus stops sketching and tears the page from the notebook. He thrusts the sketch at you.

"The dream is simple: just me, Tux, and my mother. The o-only ones I've ever cared about, who've ever c-cared about me. My mom is singing the lullaby like she used to... We're all together, and we're happy."
Marcus lifts his head and his eyes meet yours. You realize he's been crying; tears stream down his face.
"I'm sorry. It's s-stupid, I know." He wipes the tears from his cheeks with his paw. "It's just... I w-want to be happy." He forces a grim smile. "I want a family again." With a deep breath, Marcus calms himself once more.
"I just... I d-don't want to be alone."

[316 / 350 words]
Last edited by Downn on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:36 am, edited 8 times in total.
Downn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wajas » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:20 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xUsername:
xwajas

xName:
xSaharah

xGender:
xfemale

xPart 1 Form:click!
xPart 2 Form:click!
xPart 3 Form:click!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Saharah's Goal
Her first goal was to get a job
at the parlour,
which she succeeded in.
Then, it was to successfully
flair bartend.
Under the tutelage of Michaél,
her goal became a reality.
Now, she's
set herself to surpassing
her mentor's skills, which
she's so far been
doing. Who knows,
maybe she'll take
him on to see who
is better at the
entertainment?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by wajas on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
wajas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaitlynizer » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:26 am

Ahh thank you for the hm!! Good luck to everyone who made it to this round! <3

stay safe y'all

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
jbd's
kalons
characters
signature art by birdseedy
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Kaitlynizer

My pets
My items