Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
188 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kiamara #200 - WINNER!!!

Postby palmsprout » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Wow, 200 already?!

This darling is extremely special, here are a few facts about her
    - She never ages, she has always looked like this and will always look like this
    - She does indeed have wings, but they are not large enough for any long time flying
    - Her hair and tail are made of a glowing, cosmic-like material. It flows and floats randomly, but somehow stays attached to her body at the ends.
    - She is treated like a goddess, for other kiamaras don't know any other way she could be so different
    - She will never have a mate

I must warn you...
    If you win this kiamara and are an active fan-forum RPer, I honestly have no idea how you will roleplay her. She is so different, I'm not sure how she would fit in. But maybe you'll be smart enough to figure that out. C;

Congratulations hidden cities <3
Last edited by palmsprout on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara #200

Postby Tempest Rain » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Beauty<3
Tempest Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sable. » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:39 pm

-dies-
She is amazing apple.
Sable.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icseal » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:39 pm

ouo

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* araghosta | adult | she/her ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
mostly absent with occasional bursts of activity
wife | commissions
icseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dany. » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 pm

She's just too pretty for me, I will make gift art of her after someone wins her though. :)
Last edited by dany. on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
bye y'all
dany.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbee » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 pm

I AM A STAR
DRIFTING THROUGH THIS WORLD, DIFFERENT AND STRANGE
FROM EVERY CHARACTERISTIC IN RANGE.
ALIEN, I AM. I AM NO SIR, BUT I AM A MA'AM.
I MYSELF LIKE NO-ONE ELSE.
FROM MY VOICE, TO MY SOUND
I AM LIKE NOTHING THAT I SURROUND.
I AM AN ALIEN, AN ALIEN WITHIN.
MY SPIRIT IS NOT ALIKE WITH YOURS,
SO NEVER EVER SAY THAT WE ARE ALIKE EVER AGAIN.

There was always stories told about the so called Galaxy Princess, Ariella. She was the hot topic, the news headlines. But far out in her village, Ariella was not safe. Too many crowds and too many questions, she might have even got stolen a few times. But she was always something special, and that is easily spoken. "Ariella, my name is Ariella. Ariella Rose for full."
Username
Derpwolf:3
Name
Ariella wrote
Ariella, that's my name. Ariella Rose, for full. But, if you do not understand the with-being of my style of talking, it is because me, I , myself am different from other kiamaras. I, am very different. I was told that... that I was from a galaxy far from here. Far from my 'home-town' or was my hometown really just a galaxy? My name is from Ariel, and is a alternate of the name. I knew that was my name when I thought my hair was just like Ariel, the 'little mermaid's' hair. So, really that's how I got me name, it's not within my favourite name, but is within the state of beauty. Simplicity, that's all.

Art
x
Art by Me, (derpwolf:3)
Art by Miscellaneous
Diary:
[url=WORKING[/url]

DROPPED, ART GIFTED
Last edited by strawbee on Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 am, edited 25 times in total.
gonna be a lil less active w/ working.

♀ fem | aries | USA

comissions are closed
♥ im open to pm and talk.
strawbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foul » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 pm

... ya 'know, she's pretty dayum sexy but not clicking with me.

lucky winner will be lucky
Last edited by Foul on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'sup
call me Foul or Owl

I really enjoy Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Fullmetal Alchemist: B and Over the Garden Wall

I'm taking a nice, long hiatus from CS and partially from DA. If you'd like to contact me, the best way to do so would be to send me a message on my Art Blog.

deviantartAsk.fmtumblrart blogkias

art by pandora., icon by rrrai
Foul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sculi the Ax » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Alright, too much skil, I GIVE UP!
-ragequits-
XD

G'luck to all ya trying out ♥
Last edited by Sculi the Ax on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kickthe Gher gave me a pig! oDo
❒ Taken
❒ Single
✔ Waiting for a madman in a box...
An apple a day keeps the doctor away,
but The Doctor is cute, so screw the fruit

Teehee, Dan was here x3

I used to be SCULIAX and Skuliax ~ No stealing
Dat sexeh ladeh Dan Howell made my avatar. Give her some fluffles for it, yeah? c;

~ My characters ~
ImageImageImage
WIP :3
Sculi the Ax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glassesprotag » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Actually, I'm not entering, I've decided to help a friend instead. <3
Last edited by glassesprotag on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so
i needed someway of getting things to
line up properly
so this is that
ummmmmmmmmmmm
text text text
no one's gonna see this stuff
probably
this is difficult
i just want this to look
on pc and mobile
bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh
this looks terrible on mobile but i don't care anymore
mobile users (me) can suffer
ahhh

Image Image Image
Image Image
yuri - she/her - adult
discord - glassesprotag #0881
league of legends - glassesprotag
genshin impact - 628890379
clan of high rolls

glassesprotag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{ Goddess of the Underworld }

Postby Temperance. » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:41 pm

{ She just...holy wow, she has blown my mind.
Yeah, um...it's official. I'm totally trying for her. //so many story ideas
Hurrrr now I just need to buy a crapload of DA points so I can order obscene amounts of art for her! ;A;

Username;;
{ .Lady Kat. }

Name;;
Persephone

This name originates from Greek mythology.
Persephone was the goddess of the underworld,
spring, and rebirth. She never bore any children,
and was abducted to the underworld by Hades. I
knew immediately when I saw her that she needed
a Goddess name. And given her colouration and
the story I have in mind for her...Persephone was
naturally the perfect choice <3

It was whispered, far out in the mountainlands where people still respected the more ancient beliefs, that Aurora -who was goddess of the northern lights- had a tryst with a dark and haunted Kiamara that she fell in love with one night beneath the stars. However their union ended in a poetic and yet horrible way. A child was born, partly formed by the northern lights and partly formed as a normal Kiamara, yet as such she was neither a true goddess nor a Kiamara but rather some strange in between creature. As such she could not join her mother in the heavens, nor communicate with her, for the other northern gods learned of her transgressions and forbade Aurora to have contact with her daughter, and if she did...the child would be killed. Her father, who was then cursed to roam forever and never see Aurora again, bitterly named his daughter Persephone, for she "Should be as haunted as her namesake. Beautiful but cursed to dwell in the Underworld." He would come to regret his words one day, many years later after seeing his wish granted. You see, Persephone was indeed cursed in a way, she never aged, born fully formed as an adult her body retained its youthfulness, and as her father aged, weakened, and eventually succumbed to death, Persephone wailed and mourned, wishing bitterly to join him while knowing it could never be.

After that bitter and sorrowful time she wandered the earth alone for many, many years. Her ethereal beauty and unnatural appearance quickly garnered her the worship and awe of the mountain Kiamara tribes. It was whispered in their camps that a mere glimpse of Persephone, the winged goddess who roamed the northern lands, would grant a long life and meant a fruitful spring was coming. The religion of those mountain nomads shifted to become one that honoured Persephone, and even as she came to hide more and more from them, causing them to see her less, their fervor for their goddess only grew stronger. Eventually most believed it only to be a myth, but the ancient tradition of setting out a great banquet on the first day of spring every year for the wandering goddess remained. And in the dead of night, it was said, Persephone herself would appear to eat the meal set before her.

"They say that home is where the heart is, and if that's the case then I can't help but wonder if I even have a heart."

Dewy drops glittered like diamonds against the green vibrancy of the grass. A green meadow stretched as far as the eye could see, flanked on all sides by a ring of snow-capped mountains, the grandeur of which was unparalleled to the point of striking awe into the hearts of all who saw it. In the midst of this wondrous valley there stood a decently sized forest. It was mainly filled with birth trees and poplars, shorter trees that were common to the plains like this one. However at its very center a mighty oak, whose size and might was unmatched in all the world, stood proud and strong, his thick branches reaching to the sun almost arrogantly. It was here, up within the mass of intertwining branches which formed a thick and leafy carpet, that the Kiamara goddess Persephone made her home.

She herself had never claimed to be a goddess, Persephone didn't have the faintest clue what she was. Her father, bless his restless soul, had always been close-mouthed about her mother and what she was. From what Persephone could gather her mother was not a kiamara, at least, not one in the sense that most of the kia population saw themselves, but whether her mother was some celestial being, or a reclusive mountain species, Persephone had no clue. It was the greatest wound in her soul, the fact that she had never met her mother, never so much as heard from her. But she supposed that there were worse fates, perhaps her mother had been terrible, and it was best they didn't meet. Having already lived for over a hundred years, she had resigned herself to that way of thinking.

Regardless, she found herself thinking as she settled down to lie on one of the outlying branches, today was not a day like all of the others, and she needed to prepare herself.

You see, this was the first day of Spring, and as such there were always representatives sent from the outlying villages to come and commemorate spring and ask for Persephone's blessing. She had mixed feelings about the entire affair, on one paw it was wonderful to be able to see other kiamaras, even if only for a brief time, but there always was the underlying feeling that she was not the same as them...and never would be.

She closed her eyes and felt the entire world melt away... It was a familiar dream, the day was warm and scented with an exotic and beautiful tang, which filled Persephone's senses in a way that was soothing and wonderful. Her hair did not swirl and glow like a starry sky, as it generally did, but was instead simply regular hair, attached to her head like everyone else. True, she had kept her wings but...rather than hinder her and make her ostracized and feared by everyone...instead they made everyone laugh, and made Persephone feel....free!
She giggled and threw herself up into the air, her wings strong enough to carry her as high as she wanted, not like usual where even her ability of flight was restricted. From the ground the shouts of other Kiamara's could be heard, and giggling softly she looked down on them and pulled into a sudden dive, approaching the ground lightning fast, the squeals of her friends delight ringing in her ears...but she never made it to them.

With a jolt Persephone woke, her vibrant golden eyes still lit with a momentarily delight that slowly faded. It had only been a dream, a foolish impossible dream, and she was once again alone. Shaking her head and trying to fight back the loneliness and grief, Persephone felt a strong hatred for herself well briefly, fueled by the shimmering crackling of her ethereal hair. Internally she felt like screaming, but even that was denied her, for in the distance she could now begin to see the shapes of two Kiamara's walking towards the oak tree that was her home.

Letting out only a soft whimper instead, she weakly straightened out her fur and then sat straight in the branches, already resolved to playing the part of 'Goddess' which the others had placed on her. Running various ideas about what she could say through her head. But when she saw the two who had come to her more clearly...she felt a brief pang of confusion. The one was a flame-haired, roguish looking male, and he was being led -by a rope attached to his nose ring- by a vicious and villainous looking brute.

When they finally arrived at her tree, the villainous one gave the flame-haired one a violent shove, sending the other sprawling into the dust. She could see the hatred glowing in the fallen one's eyes, along with a sense of helplessness and fear that tugged slightly at her heart. Tilting her head she turned to study the other one, and finally spoke up. "Tell me now, who exactly are you?" She said, looking down at him with an appropriately regal look, her mane and tail crackling faintly and pulsing with the odd luminescence that made it look so similar to the northern lights. The villainous one bobbed his tail and offered her a smile, though on his hideous face it looked more like a grotesque sneer. "Why milady, I 'ave come t' seek justice from you. This'un? He's a thief, scum o' the earth sort. Dusn't deserve t' live I say. My name's Grorth, and-uh, I'va come t' ask ya t' punish 'im as you blieve he deserves." The one called Grorth said, spitting on the ground like a savage after he had finished speaking. Struggling to hold back her revulsion at what he had just said, she eyed him coldly and replied. "And what exactly makes you believe that I would help you and mete out punishment to this one?" She murmured primly, arching an eyebrow imperiously. Grorth looked surprised, and after a few moments of open-mouthed staring, he finally stammered "W-well, you're da Goddess o' the valley! I jus- I dunno, it's your job ain't it?" He said, looking confused. The one on the ground hadn't bothered standing up, clearly he figured the end was nigh either way, and drawn suddenly by a wave of pity Persephone raised herself up, spreading her wings majestically. "And you are right!!! Now begone before my wrath falls on you too!" She said, allowing her face to contort into a vicious snarl. With wide eyes, Grorth turned tail and ran as fast as he could, clearly not about to risk his life against the "Goddess Persephone". Snorting in disgust she hopped down to the ground and sat a few feet away from the male. He was holding perfectly still, perhaps hoping she'd think he was dead. "I'm many things, but I'm not stupid. Stop playing dead." She muttered irritably, of half a mind to cuff him over the head and see how quickly he'd jump. Thankfully he didn't waste any time, pushing to his paws after realizing he'd been found out. When he finally turned to face her there was a sullen look in his eyes. "Go ahead, kill me now." He growled quietly, "Just make it fast." For a moment Persephone was shocked, she'd never been spoken to like this, with such...contempt! Narrowing her eyes she glared at him, "I hold your life in my paws, and you talk to me with such insolence! How dare you!" It was silly really, that this of all things would upset her. But all the same. He then gave her a look of such utter contempt that she actually flinched. "And what right do you have to decide if I live or die? You're not MY Goddess, even if all these other illiterate fools worship you." He sneered, "Besides, just because you have wings and-and weird glowy hair...it doesn't mean you ARE a Goddess. What sort of Goddess lives in a freaking TREE???" He exclaimed, his eyes burning with an animated light, and Persephone found herself fascinated. "Then...you're not afraid of me?" She whispered hesitantly. No!" He replied with some exasperation, and then after a brief hesitation, "Well...maybe a bit. You are pretty bizarre." And filled with an odd mixture of relief and disbelief, Persephone let out a part laugh part sob, and threw herself against him, feeling -for the first time- that perhaps her life wasn't as terrible as she had once believed.

As you may have guessed, the Kiamara that Persephone ended up saving from death was none other than the gang-affiliated Kifo! He had been caught in the midst of an operation to rob Grorth -who was a wealthy shipping company owner- and as had been suggested to Grorth by the town elders, he had brought Kifo to the oak tree for judgement by Persephone. Though the villagers would never know, Persephone's concept of "judgement" for the flame-haired troublemaker was quite a bit different from what they had had in mind. Ironically she ended up tending to his illnesses and wounds, sustained at the hands of Grorth who was not gentle by any means, and then at his urging...left with him to parts unknown.

Truthfully the two of them travelled for a few months together, during which time Persephone told Kifo about the curse afflicted on her. Though he could do nothing to help her, and told her as much, the two still managed to coexist in a rather peaceful way. However, as was apt to happen, everything came to a terrifying halt a year after their meeting, again on the first day of spring. Kifo told Persephone that he intended to return to the gang, whom he considered his family, in the city. She was devastated and hadn't the faintest clue how she would carry on once he was gone. Persephone ended up hatching a plan to keep Kifo at her side, but he knew her too well at this point, and stole away in the middle of the night instead of letting her convince him.

When Persephone woke the next morning...she was alone. But beside her, lying in the place where Kifo had been only hours before, were three beautiful golden feathers. No one could really say how they arrived there, whether Kifo found them or...or some other strange celestial being left them for Persephone, but either way, those feathers gave her a strength she had never known.

After that day Persephone decided that she would follow Kifo to the city where he had vowed to return, to act as a guardian and protector to all those who lived there, and more than that, to keep an eye on her only friend for the rest of his days. She would be his guardian angel, watching over him and eventually his family, their children, and their childrens children.

Will that truly be the way her path goes? No-one can really say, but it's said that on a clear-moonlit night, if you watch Kifo walking through the streets, you might just see the faintest gleam of the northern lights appearing to follow him in the trees or buildings above.

Mini Pixel Persephone - By Sollicitus <3
Flying with the Stars - by the perfect Chasing Dreams <3
Fading in the Twilight - by the talented wolfpuppies
A Brighter Tomorrow - by Hyrael (DA) v.2
Behind these Golden Eyes... - by FREE-FIRE-101 (gift from ~punkstache)
Last edited by Temperance. on Thu May 23, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me