Drawing sessions 6
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Baby Candy Cane Rune

Postby Benathorn » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Natalia

Owner: Sweetypie978
Type: Baby Candy Cane Rune

"Congratulations, it's a girl!"

"This little baby Rune was found among our Christmas tree nibbling on the candy canes which hung from the limbs. The hatchling has quite the sweet tooth and loves to suckle on the canes as if it were her bottle. Indeed, even her body seems to resemble the sweet sticks upon which she desires and the little dear hoards them while also building a small nest to make her home. She is a bundle of sweetness and these Runes are abundant during the holiday seasons. Though she may have an obsession for Candy canes she also seems to like peppermint sticks, gumdrops, and I even caught her hiding in our little gingerbread house nibbling on the door! Though quite the cute little dragons, be sure to hide your sweets or you will find small tooth marks on an assortment of your sweets and pastries. No treat is safe from her but she has not a bitter bone in her body and is in need of a good home...I fear she will eat all our holiday candy if not adopted out soon."

Last edited by Benathorn on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Baby Candy Cane Rune

Postby sylveonite » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Owner Name:
kitty k a t
Name:
Candy
Personality:
Candy is the most sweetest Runey ever. She is very playful and will often bug you just to get a candycane. But she can be very serious on things, like if you dont give her a candycane. Also, If you dont, she might prank or even scare you. So, make sure to look, up, down, to the sides and under-you before you leave.
Why do you wish to have him/her:
The thing that drew me to the beauty is her beautiful red and white colours. Also the holly around her tail
Where will you keep him/her:
I will keep her in my siggy, trade rules and character thread.
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes, please
Any Quirks:
Collecting candycanes
Other:
I wish not to presnt artwork but a story is a wip.
slowly getting back in cs after a looonng hiatus <3

pets in my pound section are free
all offers considered ~

Shadow
sylveonite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:05 pm

I`m drooping out as I just got a custom rune slot <3
Last edited by Flowerdust on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementStar » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Owner Name:
ElementStar

Name:
Scarlet

Her full name is Scarlet Aímatos, which is Greek for Scarlet Blood.

Personality:
Scarlet is malicious, conniving, cruel, unforgiving, loathsome, and a tad bit crude at times...
But, if you truly cared for Scarlet from the time you first came upon her, she will be your loyal companion till death.

Scarlet is only mean towards humans, except Rose Rosardia (my Rune Bearer) and her friends, and certain Runes. When with most Runes Scarlet is a happy little girl with love and joy to share.

Now, Scarlet, like some of the other Rune babies, has a crush, I am not exactly sure who yet, but it is obvious she likes a special little Rune <3

Rose Rosardia, Rune Bearer wrote:
"Scarlet, she is different. She may have cheerful coloring, but she is a dark Rune by heart. Abandoned and disowned as a hatchling caused Scarlet to feel as if the world is against her. Once you betray her, it is near impossible to regain her trust. Scarlet, because of her cold personality, is not very social... expect when she is with other baby runes, she has a trust problem with most adult Runes due to her past. But, after much time with me and the people and Runes who loved her, she grew friendlier and happier.

Amelia VanHeart, Rose Rosardia's best friend wrote:
Ah! That little brat! She stole all of my candy canes I was going to use on the tree! Oh, sorry... I didn't see you there. I am Amelia VanHeart, Rose's best friend, so I help her with her Runes. That Scarlet Aímatos, did you know that means Scarlet Blood in Greek? I begged Rose not to name the baby Rune something so... grim, but she was dead set on naming her after what stained her feathers... Someti-- Oh wait, Rose just told me that I should be talking about Scarlet's cheerful side of her personality... Sorry Rose! Okay, to the topic at hand... Scarlet, even though she can be cold and mean, she is a very sweet Rune. She adores candy, so if you ever want to get rid of candy after the holidays or need a quick clean up of the candy canes you put on your tree, call Rose, she can bring Scarlet over.

Truth be told, I was not necessarily in love with this dragon when I first saw her, but as I looked at this little dragon more and more, stories and her personality started to form in my mind, and after a bit of time, I could not help myself... I had to try out for this intriguing little sweetie^^

I will keep Scarlet in my signature and make a character thread just for Rune Dragons. She probably will go in my trade settings two and I will make art of her, so would that means she would be o. The Oekaki forms too?
"Listen, yes, I come from a very rich family, no, that does not mean I will hire people to take care of Scarlet, that's my job. I will take Scarlet wherever I go, even to dig sites around the world. As an archaeologist, I am not supposed to take pets, including Rune Dragons, to work, but because I can handle the responsibility, and no one thinks less of me because I am nineteen, what? You thought I was in my twenties? Most people do, I act more mature than most people my age, oh, and I finished collage early. Anyways, I am allowed to take pets, especially Rune Dragons, to work because ever Rune has a talent of a quirk that can come in handy at any given time, this way, I can spend more time with my beautiful Scarlet."

I will say sure, but if she was grown and ever had children they probably turn out being mutilated beond recognition. But I probably can't breed Scarlet because I do not think she will grow in time for the new site, but if she was grown she would definitely be breedable. The thing is... She... She is so beautiful I do not want her to grow...
Breed Scarlet? Hm... Well, she would have to be grown, so if she was grown yes. Unfortunately, I do not think she will get the chance to grow...

Any Quirks:

Oh my... let my Rune Bearer explain Scarlet's quirks:

Rose Rosardia, Rune Bearer wrote:Scarlet adores horror novels and movies.
She adores scaring people, no matter what time of the year.
Scarlet likes to play with small children, only to scare them later.
She loves Halloween for that is the day where she can scare and terririze people nonstop.

Music... Yes, let me explain. Scarlet has a huge change in personality when surrounded by music, she becomes a cheerful, happy little Rune like most baby Rune Dragons, and she listens to certain songs so much that she can lip sync the music perfectly.
That paired with the fact that Scarlet has learned how to use electronics used for music means that she can turn on her favorite songs and "sing" with the musicians.

Scarlet understands English and Greek perfectly, she also knows quite a bit of Latin.

Of course, Scarlet loves candy! She is a Candy Cane Rune after all...

Now, my personal favorite quirk of hers is her weakness for Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I am distantly related to J. R. R. Tolkien through marriage (true! I kid you not, I am related to Tolkein through marriage of our families). She loves those movies and whenever we watch LOR or The Hobbit, she sits on my lap and becomes incredibly focused on the movies.

Other:

Scarlet's favorite song/theme song is This Is Halloween - female cover by Real Chanty

She also adores musicals and operas.

Stained Red As Blood

"Dear little Scarlet was not born red, she was a white as the snow and as pure as a star, until... Mevermind, we are not at that part of the story.

As I was saying, my dear little Scarlet was born white. No coloring at all, she was though to be a mistake, something that should never have been born, she was called 'Albino' 'Mutant' 'Unwanted' and other hurtful names. No one loved poor little Scarlet, no one understood her.

One Chismas day, around noon, Scarlet came across a little child who was opening a box of candy canes. The child looked apon Scarlet with distgust and pity, do the child tossed a candy came at Scarlet and told her to go away. Scarlet ran op to the child and climbed up to it's shoulder, merely to annoy the child. The child swatted at Scarlet and got scratched in the process. Scarlet watched the child flee, but she was now focused in the deep red of the child's blood that now stained a few of her feathers. She looked at the candy cane and a wide grin appeared on her precious little face, she found something to be passionate about... she wwould strike fear in the hearts of children, and maybe an adult or two.

Scarlet repeated this mundane task every day of winter until her feathers were a luxurious red and she resembled her parents and other Runes of her kind."

The Day Scarlet Should Have Died

"That day still haunts me... The day I almost lost my precious Scarlet, we were playing in a forest when a grand stom kicked up and we were forced to wait on the forest, lost, in the darkness."

"I was chasing Scarlet through the trees, she was flying. When I caught her we had ventured deep into the forest, very little light shone through the thick forest and the only sound we could hear was our own breaths and the soft breeze. We started our trek back out of the forest but as we ventured the wind grew stronger and rain had started comming down. I craddled Scarlet in my arms to protect her from the rain. We came across an old path just as we started to hear thunder.

We followed the path and found an abandoned cottage, when we entered it was obvious that no one had entered the cottage for decades, moss grew on the walls, desks and chairs were blanketed in dust, and any metal hinges had rusted away. We had no choice but to wait in the cottage for the storm to pass.

The storm grew stronger and wilder, soon trees started falling the earth. I had found a candle and some matches, so we were no longer blind in the cottage, but that shred of light we clung onto would soon vanish... a large tree destroyed the roof of the cottage as it fell down, I was able to get out of the way of the tree, but Scarlet was not so lucky, she was trapped...

"Scarlet!" I screamed and used all my strength to try to move the tree off of my precious Rune, she was able to scramble out, but she had a broken leg and a broken wing, soon her body started going into shock. She looked up at me with her red eyes, she had an expression that said "Leave me here." I could not bear the thought, I fell to my knees and wept as the world literally came crashing down around me.

Suddenly, I had a burst of hope. I took off my thin jacket and wrapped Scarlet up to shield her from the wind and rain, I held her close to me. The door, which could not be opened due to a fallen tree outside, sealed us in this wooden grave, I had not choice, I wrapped my arms around my swaddled Rune and jumped through the glass window.

We rolled on the moist earth, Scarlet unharmed while I had countless gouges in my arms and legs. The pain was unbearable but I would not give up yet. I charged, battered by the wind, rain, and debris from the fallen trees. I trudged on for hours until I saw the familiar light of the town I had visited the week before. It was the dead of night and I was loosing blood, I stumbled unto the town square before my body succumbed to the pain and I passed out.

When I awoke I was in a hospital. It was one famed for the numerous Plumage Runes that resided there. I slowly got up, sore from the ordeal the night before. I looked forward and found myself looking into the watering eyes of my dearest friend, Amelia VanHeart. She hugged me, and though I was in pain, I enjoyed being with my best friend again. I asked her where Scarlet was, and her face lit up, she told me Scarlet would make a full recovery as she led me to the infirmary for Rune Dragons.

In the Rune infirmary, I saw various types of Runes, but my eyes searched for the baby Candy Cane Rune I loved so much. I saw Scarlet and ran to her, she had bandages on her broken wing and leg, but even with the broken limbs her smile was as bright as ever. I new, and so did Scarlet, that we had a bond that could never be shake, even in the most dire situations.

Bloody Candy Canes

Eye Of The Scarlet Candy Cane

Candy Cane Rune Avatar

GIF Rune Avatar!
This is the first GIF I have ever made!

Music and the Rune
My second GIF!

The Melodic Rune
Last edited by ElementStar on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:46 am, edited 22 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwe watch from the stars
ImageImage
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════╗
[ Just your friendly Element, here! I'm an aspiring digital artist, and
my work is mainly posted on my dA. Contact me there if you are
interested in my work! Art above by Peace&Colby and foreign.potato
Art below by Sixbane, Leodrolf, and TrollishTheTroll on DA ]
[ links tbd ]
ImageImage
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Image Image Image
ElementStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sphye » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Adorable! Consider this a possible reserve.
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sable. » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Shes so sweet <3
But the ink weaver has stolen my heart right now cx
Sable.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cαηια, נєωєℓ σƒ cняιѕтмαѕ

Postby Kirbylover901 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:39 am

Dropping out, she's still cute though. <3
Last edited by Kirbylover901 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:52 am, edited 11 times in total.
"Do you remember when Staff Litter month
was in November? ...I do."

Vanilli invites you to check out Fox-n-Key!

Sirius suggests you visit one of the other
websites I'm on by clicking on the links below!

Flight Rising

Kirbylover901

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:43 am

Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)
Name:
(Dragon's Name goes here)
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
wip

Postby .sweetypie. » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:25 am

Hello, and welcome to my gingerbread house! Don't worry, you can't really eat it or any of it's decorations, they're plastic, so they won't turn yucky. I think you're just a little too tall to come in, so I will step outside for you. I'm sorry, I forgot to properly introduce myself! My name is Natalia, but if you'd like, you can call me Talia. It means Christmas day in Latin. I hope you learn much about me and my potential bearer, because there's a lot you need to know!

You need to know about my bearer before we get to me, so here's a little interview I recorded between the two of us.

Q: Why do you want to adopt me?

A: How could you ask such a question? How cold you not want to adopt a beautiful little rune like you? I love your design and love of candy, I think everything about you is absolutely precious. I love your rosy little cheeks, those may be my favorite trait.

Q: Where will you keep me?

A: Only everywhere! My signature, trade rules, and you will be all over my account on the new website.

Q: Would you like to breed me in the future?

A: Nope, I want you to stay just how you are.

Enough about her, now more about me! I have eight personality traits that really describe me, and I tell about them below.

Sweet
I think it's just from all the sweets i eat, but Blair says
I'm very kind to everyone! I like being nice to others,
except with my candy, I'm pretty stingy with it,
especially mints. Anything else, I love being generous
with and giving it to the less fortunate. I'm a sucker
for charity, most people know that about me. But
don't get me wrong, if you take advantage of me,
you're in for a real surprise, because I will know if
you aren't worthy of my kindness.

Clever
There's a reason Natalia always has so
much candy in her possession, and it
definitely isn't because I give it to her.
She's pretty sly in the art of snatching
candy, you never see her coming and
you don't realize it's missing until she's
long gone. I tried to get her to stop,
but I can never catch her in the act.
She's pretty devilish about it too,
sometimes thinking of some pretty cruel
tactics.

Devious
Natalia is quite the schemer, always plotting a
way to retrieve more sweets. As you can see
by the look on her face over there, she almost
always accomplishes what she wants. She always
carefully plans out each of her devilish plots,
never just acting on a whim. She actually has a
small leather notebook that she keeps some of
her more complicated plans, and often refers
back to it for ideas, and is constantly adding
more plans.

Snugly
Natalia may seem devilish, but she can never resist the
opportunity for a nice snuggle with her bearer. It's
normally only me that she snuggles with, but occasionally
When close family members to me come to town she will
sit in their laps, trying to look cute to attract attention and
hands to rub her and brush her fur. She loves when I brush
her, but only with a soft brush. She sleeps with me every
night, almost never leaving my side.

Greedy
Natalia almost never shares her candy, she loves it so
much, not to mention she works hard to get it. She
guards her sweets closely, always claiming she will eat
way more than she could possibly consume in one day.
I have tried to give some of it away, but she figures it
out and becomes very upset with me. She won't even
spare one piece of candy during Halloween. She's stingy,
But she has her reasons, as everyone does.

Energetic
Always full of energy and ready for anything, Natalia
is pretty much just a bag of sugar; it's what she runs
on and never stops eating. Like Amber, my rune dragon,
she has blood sugar problems, and I'm afraid worse
problems could develop; but for now, she's just my
happy and bouncy little girl. I can almost never get her
to calm down for anything, sleeping least of all, for she's
always eating sweets.

Quizzical
Natalia is the little girl you can always count on to
question your every statement and theory, she seems
to see things no one else does. She wants to know
why things are the way they are, how things work, and
why certain things happen. She is most fascinated with
the topic of why bad things sometimes happen to good
people, and her theory is that everyone has done
something bad; that no one is truly "good".

Creative
Natalia is a very artsy little rune, always
doodling intricate plans in her notebook.
She loves tail painting, and enjoys
sketching with her graphite pencils. I got
her a full art set as a Christmas gift, and
she loves using it to draw her favorite
sweets. She's getting better every day,
I'm thinking of getting her a "how to draw
anatomy" book soon so she can branch out
a little. I really like that she has taken an
interest in art, it keeps her mind of
snatching candy.

So now you know about my personality, how about some of my quirks? Everyone has there only opinion about quirks, about how they're good or bad, but I think they're essential in every individual in order for us all to be different and unique.

Will Never Waste Sweets
That is absolutely terrible to Natalia, wasting perfectly good candy is absolutely disgraceful. It gets a little gross sometimes, because every once and a while, she will eat candy off the ground, or gum off something. You can always count on her to be there when your candy is out of date, she'll eat it.

Can Only Sleep on my Left Side
Natalia loves to sleep with me, but she always has to be able to see my face, and knows that I sleep on my left side, so that's what side of me she sleeps on. I always keep her close, because I know how frightened she gets at night sometimes, all the sugar she eats gives her terrible nightmares.

Won't Sleep Without her Candy Cane Plush
Not only will Talia not sleep without me, but she always has to have her little candy cane plushie. It's a little stuffed candy cane toy that I made for her, it's about a foot long, and it helps her with her nightmares. She often carries it everywhere with her, it's like a child's security blanket, it helps her feel safe.

Twitches when Staying Still
Because of her constant sugar intake, Talia is very twitchy all the time, even when she sleeps. She doesn't notice, but she is always moving and fidgeting, most of the time, she is kneading her stuffed candy cane, but she never really notices, she does it unconsciously.

Other Information:
Favorite Food: Candy Canes
Favorite Color: Light Pink
Favorite Toy: Her Candy Cane plush
Favorite Song: I Want Candy
Favorite Place: Anywhere with Me

Art:
All art is scattered around my form, and sorry for the art with four legs, that was the result of a miscommunication. Credits for the art are listed below.

By Sweetypie978:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1356825468
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1356795491
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1356804618
By ~BlueAura~:
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 ... ge-126.png
By Crimson Holly:
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 ... 713900.gif
By Passion Pit:
http://media.tumblr.com/6d0e2f012a52471 ... rxj6e7.gif
By ○WaterDrops○:
http://www.iaza.com/work/121227C/iaza12969474441300.gif
By Anchored:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 5p7v6l.png
By Tiki11:
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 ... ge-123.png
By Animus_Dea:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/ ... 5p9rk3.png
By Ms. Fortune:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/f0e02805121f ... o1_500.png
By DawnBreeze10210:
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 ... ge-125.png
By Brookstep:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1356567411
By Midnight Dragon.:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1356618783
http://www.iaza.com/work/121228C/iaza13863329510800.gif
By Syhne:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lka2oy.png
By Watson.:
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg6 ... 2b5f4f.png
By Su-mii:
http://oi50.tinypic.com/4zx6c3.jpg
By ♞Sebastian Michaelis:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/ ... 5pipjc.png
By *Nikki*:
http://www.iaza.com/work/121229C/iaza11157818757000.gif
By MistyLea:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1356734216
By Zoetrooper:
http://www.nabyn.com/_p/2012/12/29/Zoet ... -37065.png

Last edited by .sweetypie. on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 44 times in total.
By Misconceptions and Waterstar2002 [] Feel free to PM me about commissions~
DeviantArt
ImageImageImage
.sweetypie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 am

Owner Name:
Snowyowl379, call me Snow c:
Name:
Nammi, sometimes called Nam or Nom
This means "Candy" in Icelandic, and it just sounds soo cute! omnomomnomomnomomnom
Personality:
She Is...

~Sweet
~Silly
~Nieve
~

Well, SHE'S ADORABLE!! I had a vision of a candy cane rune, and it's just stunning how much Nam looks like my dream! She's just covered in peppermint-y goodness! Since you also probably won't be opening up any more breeding slots, I want a darling little baby to go on the site with me. I just fell instantly in love with this little girl, and since it will be the last Rune you're making, I would love to have the privilege of calling her my own. I think Daydream and Mizu would just love her, as they are all so fluffy! This would also be the first Rune that I've won from another artist. I really hope that you'll consider me for a good owner for this Rune.
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Last edited by Sneky on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me