Artist Jendalie [gallery]
Time spent 13 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 20
55 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ancient of War

Postby Jendalie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:44 pm

The Story of the Summoner of War
By: Jendalie

"The old legends of our ancestors speak of the Ancients as great beasts who are the embodiment of power. No one really knows how these dragons came to be. Some say they are the result of a Rune Dragon reaching its peak of the magic it holds within itself. Others say they are pure magic manifested into dragon form. I believe them to simply be what they are- Ancients, and nothing more, though terrifying indeed. Where their existence came from is unimportant to these creatures. What really matters to them is their desire to obtain a Summoner to create a pact with and share in their powers. However, some pacts are cursed while others are a blessing. The Ancient of War is one such cursed pact, and he requires a great price in order to call upon his true name and take his power for your own. I am sure you have guessed by now that the Ancient of War is one of the Four Dragons to bring about the End of Days. And while his pact may be cursed, for war is never good, things are not always as they appear to be.

_____

War is sometimes a necessary evil. This is a hard fact of life and hard to understand. It has raged since the beginning of time. Brother fighting against brother, neighbor against neighbor…the list goes on. It is the means to an end with a history written in blood. You know all of this and accept it. And although you have the maturity and intelligence to understand it, you do not like it. Only a fool believes that all the world is good. There is true evil that lurks within the shadows of humanity. It creeps into the minds of our brothers and sisters and whispers dark secrets. But we can fight these emotions and we can overcome these thoughts. We are human and we have something extraordinary…choice. Every step of life, phrase spoken, word written and action taken was a choice. We can blame another but in the end when we are alone with ourselves we cannot hide the simple truth, it was your choice.

And so we come full circle to you. You have made mistakes in your life and your thoughts have been dark at times. But you fight. You fight the darkness that threatens to consume you. You are a soldier in the war of Eldemore. You have followed orders and never question them…until recently. Something is very wrong in your world. The darkness that you have known all your life seems to be affecting all around you. You don’t agree with your superiors decisions and each new mission becomes harder to complete then the last. What this world needs is a revolution. You want to fight, but you want to fight for freedom, not oppression and control. You are conflicted. A few days ago you found a lovely crystal like stone. Was it your imagination or did it just spark?

You are currently on your latest mission, to find the rebel leader Thorn and assassinate her. Instead you and your team come across a small neutral village. You all make your way to the local pub and inn to rest for the night. After a few too many drinks some of the other soldiers become violent towards the innkeepers family. After a few moments the violence escalades and you step in to put an end to this foolishness. After a short struggle with the innkeeper a small paper is discovered to have fallen to the floor with the rebellion seal. The innkeeper is a rebel. You furrow your brow and try to decide the next course of action. You cannot justify harming these people when you yourself do not fully believe in your cause. But before you can do or say anything one of the soldier pulls out a weapon. One that shoots bolts of electricity. Aiming strait at the innkeeper you think fast. A million thoughts run through your mind in an instant. Instinct tells you to get out of the way, but your heart pushes you forward. You move like lightning and take the full force of the weapon. Your world goes dark.

In this moment of darkness you feel light a free. A booming metallic roar echoes all around you and you open your eyes to a dark nothingness. Swirls of mist a fog surround you and while you know there are shapes in the void you cannot make them out. Panicking you look around trying to understand what is happening. Before your eyes the darkness seems to disappear and a massive creature takes form. Sparks and streaks of hot electricity hiss and pop around you. The creatures form becomes solid and you see that it is a very large black and red dragon. He wears light armor; one shoulder plate is encrusted with a blood red ruby and strange symbols adorn it. He stands still before you and his golden eyes pierce into your very soul.

He speaks, “You have summoned me?” You stare in awe and then straitening yourself reply in a clear if slightly nervous voice, “Summon you? But…who are you?” The fearsome dragon considers you for a moment before speaking again. “I am War! Your heart summoned me when you gave your life for another. You are unique. I am meant to fight for the weak and right the wrongs of the powerful evil in this world. I am a necessary sacrifice that must be made to obtain balance within the universe. Those with power often become consumed by it. I am their doooom.” You let this sink in before answering in anger, “Necessary!? So many have died because of you-“ The dragon roars and beats his massive wings at you, “Do not blame me for the sins of your brothers and sisters! They abuse my name and power and twist it for their own means!” Blasts of lightning shoot fourth and explode near you. You brace yourself and although frightened stand your ground and stand up to him. You shout back, “Why am I here? What do you want?” The dragon calms down and all goes still. He calmly answers, “You know the answer in your heart. The confliction you have felt. The rage and darkness you have fought with your entire life…you want to end the madness which has fallen over your world. You want to fight and right the wrongs that have been committed. I want to make a pact with you. It is a cursed pact, written in blood and never ending. If you accept you forfeit your mortality and humanity. You will forever fight. If you do not accept you will die. It is that simple.” His face show’s no emotion or mercy at this statement. This is not a creature capable of compassion. He is a fighter; he revels in honor and the glory of battle!

Your mind is numb. Accept or die? Were you dead? Dying? A means to end what threatens to tear apart your world? It doesn’t take you long to decide. The government of Eldemore must be stopped! You must fight! You lock eyes with the Ancient of War and say in a loud and clear voice, “I accept your pact War.” The dragon bows his head but keeps eye contact at all times. You feel yourself slipping away.

You awaken on the floor of the inn. Your soldiers having fled the scene like the cowards that they are. The innkeeper and his family are around you and gasp in astonishment at your miraculous recovery. You feel different and are surprised to find that you like it. You are no longer human. Your eyes are now golden and you can feel static energy building at your fingertips. You must now decide on your next course of action. Do you return back to your commanding officers and continue on with the mission or do you stay and join the rebellion? With the power of War coursing through your veins you can’t help but give a slight smirk. Your heart skips a beat in excitement and you hear a booming metallic roar in the distance...what will you decide?"

Last edited by Jendalie on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ancient of War

Postby Jendalie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Congratulations Skeseth!

~Rules~
~Those with the best bid will earn the right to claim this dragon.
~Only wishlist pets please!
~You are allowed to add more to the bid till the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~You are not allowed to take certain pets out of your bid just because others have withdrawn. That is considered very rude and once you commit to a bid you must either keep your current offer the way it is or simply withdraw the whole bid.
~If you feel you are not able to win this auction then you may polity withdraw.
~Please do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes a very long time to make these kinds of dragons so patience is the key.
~This dragon is very special and unique so there will be none other like it. The line art for these will not be reused and each one will be different.
~There will be only two Ancient Runes released every month so do not fret if you do not obtain one.
~Only talk about other runes on the main page. You may squee and ogle over this rune on this page if you wish.
~If there are any questions post them on the thread for a mod or myself to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt and/or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Have fun, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Forum and Site rules apply.

I am sorry to be so strict with rules but we cannot have a repeat of past issues. Anyone discovered to be harassing other bidders or breaking CS rules will be reported.

Anyone found breaking these rules will be disqualified.

.:Summoner's Name:.
Skeseth
.:Ancient's 'True' Name:.
Styrlakr
.:Gender:.
Male
Last edited by Jendalie on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 30 times in total.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ancient of War

Postby Neforium » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:48 pm

I can't wait to see what this ancient looks like ^^
Inactive Account.
Neforium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ancient of War (coming soon)

Postby Skeseth » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:59 am

Been so excited to see this guy too! One week left, get to stalk now~ X3

Come adopt your own and more at Eldemore!

Skeseth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Stalking, this is going to be wonderful Ancient~

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crocodile-God » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:50 pm

creepers gonna creep
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gael » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 am

reserved for Inuisha's form..... oh ya.... or something else cause i think thats what my form for the Bitter ink rune says....

ImageImage

TheNinthWolf is my Adopted Child
~Art Status~ Art Slave for Fellefan, [url=here]Livestreaming(offline)[/url]~

| My DA | Howrse | Oshien Adopts |
| Art Shop |

Gael

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vespur » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:22 am

Reserving for this Little girl or guy. lol :3

"Signature now belows to Toothless."
Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:53 am

Well it seems a line is already forming, gotta slip in while I can right?

Reserved

Also Bati, War is a male, as stated in the form you copy and paste lol. Unless that's an error in the text.
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:57 am

I can`t wait for this ancient! He will be stunning I can tell
Flowerdust