Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 11 hours, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 30
62 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ancient of Conquest

Postby Benathorn » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:38 pm

"Ƭнɛ Ƨтσяʏ σғ тнɛ Ƨʋммσиɛя σғ Ɔσиզʋɛƨт"

The old legends of our ancestors speak of the Ancients as great beasts who are the embodiment of power. No one really knows how these dragons came to be. Some say they are the result of a Rune Dragon reaching it's peak of the magic it holds within itself. Others say they are pure magic manifested into dragon form. I believe them to simply be what they are. Ancients ,and nothing more, though terrifying indeed. Where their existence came from is unimportant to these creatures. What really matters to them is their desire to obtain a Summoner to create a pact with and share in their powers. However, some pacts are cursed while others are a blessing. The Ancient of Conquest is one such cursed pact, and he requires a great price in order to call upon his true name and take his power for your own. Conquest, the last to be called and the worst of his four siblings. This Ancient has caused so much grief and suffering that I can not imagine anyone would share his ideals. However, Conquest is very good at disguising himself as a blessing, when in truth he is a wolf in sheep's clothing...

You are strong, imposing, confidant. Your very footsteps echo with power as you walk the corridors of palaces and command great armies at your disposal. You pride is abundant, yet your tongue can weave any soul to bend to your will. The people cry out to you like lost sheep, and like sheep, they listen to your every word as you promise them greatness and strength. You are a powerful individual in the land of Eldemore. People know to both respect and fear your presence, and you do not take "No" for an answer. If those around you do not submit, then you will make them. Nothing is more important to you then showing that you have great power, not by your strength alone, but by your wit. Your mind is one of the greatest in the lands, and that is why you are able to persuade so many to your ideals. Even though a few resist, you will smite them to teach others a lesson. No one can escape your will and conquest over everything is your ultimate goal.

The great halls of Alabaster City ring with your confidant steps, as you walk these corridors alone. Each step is slow and calculating, your mind is ever vigilant as you make sure you are ahead of your foes. But you hold something very precious that has been with you since you first came to power. A stone, of blackest night and with a mark that burns an everlasting fire. Yes, you know the purpose of such stones. They summon the great Ancients of old, and you are no fool to what they can bring. You heard it's whisper yet could not make out it's words. The Stone came into your possession long ago, but since then, it has not made a sound till now. Now, when you are at your peak of power, when the world lays bare before you and you need only take it, now the stone calls to you and it knows what you desire most. Your clench your fist over it's smooth surface as a name begins to form in your mind and your lips tremble with the power behind such a powerful word.

"Conquest, I summon you. Reveal yourself to me now..." Your words are deliberate and you can feel the anger behind the stone as you command the very entity behind it. The halls in which you were standing begin to dissipate, as darkness erupts from the pillars and shatters them like glass. Though you stand in utter darkness now, two large eyes open before you, and you are struck with such a paralyzing fear that you are unable to breath. Those eyes! They burn your mind and body as the creature who wields them forces his soul to overwhelm yours. You can feel your own mind scream in agony, as the creature forcefully tears away at your memories, and looks over each one with slow agonizing calculation. You can not move and are forced to endure his stare for what seems like an eternity, when finally, he blinks. You are released from your paralysis as everything around you turns to a blinding white. You cover your eyes at the sudden pain and look up to see a beautiful white dragon. The red eyes from before are gone, and clear blue one's look down at you with such deep depths. You are stunned by it's beauty, as the dragon finally speaks in a lyrical tone. 'So, you are the one who so foolishly believes that you can command Conquest?' You are perplexed by this question, "I command many by my will alone dragon. Why should I not demand your presence?" The Dragon narrows his eyes at you and his deep voice echos, 'You see me now as the world sees you. A pretty lie, made to appear like a savior when in truth, you are their damnation.'

A roar cracks the white light around you and you watch in pure horror as the beautiful form before you turns into a beast of nightmares. The white dragon's skin begins to melt, revealing a terrifying skull. Feathers drop away from it's body to reveal dark skin with long scars and gashes which litter his muscular form. Elegant wingtips rip and tear away, to show jagged leathery wings, which blot out the light. The serene scenery turns to darkness once again, as those pure blue eyes slowly recede to show blood red fire which cracks at his skull. 'I am Conquest human! None command me, and my will alone not only bends all, but breaks them! Look upon the true form for what I am. For what you are!' The Ancient slams one giant paw to the ground as the force behind it cracks the darkness and fire erupts beneath. You fall backwards from the intensity of it all and can once more feel it's imposing will, as Conquest looms over you. 'You thought you could claim my power by summoning me? Foolish human, though you and I are much the same, I am the one who commands you and made you into what you are today.' You do not understand his words as he bellows them slowly to you, "What do you mean? I am the one who clawed my way to power! No one has helped me, it was my strength and wit that made me into what I am today!" You yell at the Ancient, as he narrows it's eyes at you and laughter echos around this bizarre alternate world. 'No. You would have never gotten this far without me. I am the one who laced your words to coerce others to follow you. I am the one who drives your armies to trample your enemies into the dust. I am the end of everything and the last of the four. Your hunger was fueled by me and now I have come to collect my due.'

All you can do is stare in wide eyed horror at the beast. "Due? I did not ask for your help!" The Ancient lumbers closer to you with slow deliberate steps. His being is filled with strength, confidence, and imposing eyes, as you feel yourself shrink before his gigantic form. 'You must have misunderstood me. I am not asking you...I am commanding you.' You try to move in desperation but are paralyzed by an unseen force. Conquest places his large skull head directly in front of you as you are forced to stand. 'I will force you to take my pact human, and you shall wear your sins upon your very skin for all to see. You will now know what it feels to be dominated over. To be made to listen and obey without question. But do not fret little one, in return you will conquer these lands! Is that not what you have wanted all this time?' His tone was mocking and you are overcome with a searing pain as your skin begins to burn. You can feel your soul being ripped from your body and your mortality leave you. Rune markings appear all over you as you are struck with the memory of each one. 'Now you will feel every rune and human that we have conquered over. Each Rune Bearer you kill along with their rune, will be added to your skin, and their power will become yours. Together, you and I will lay claim to the land of Eldemore. For I am the end of everything and the last of the four. You will be my summoner because I command it to be so. Conquest, reigns over all...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thorn's Writings wrote:
Journal Entry #28

-Study Notes-

~Summoning Stone of Conquest- Rune Stone is a large black stone with a burning center for it's Rune mark. If one stares at the stone too long they become disoriented and claim to have seen dark eyes that overpower their will.
~This Ancient is not for the faint of heart. He only desires a Summoner for his own personal gain and offers a cursed pact. In return for his power the Summoner must forfeit their mortality, this is a curse for any mortal creature that was never meant to live on endlessly as the Ancient will use you as a channel for his power. For every Rune and Bearer killed, their mark is added to your skin. You gain the magic from that Rune Dragon and have the ability to impose your will over others, forcing them to bend to your command.
~The Ancient Rune has many names; Conquest, Corruption, Absolution, etc...What its "true" name is, however, can only be known by it's summoner...
~This Ancient is one of the four apocalyptic dragons who bring about the end of days in Eldemore. He is kin to Pestilence, Death, and War, and is the last to be summoned. He is not favored by his three siblings and is the only Ancient to force a human to be his summoner.
~Conquest's human form is like that of a wolf in sheep's clothing. He is tall and well built. Hair is kept neatly swept back and his voice is deep and commanding. He has a royal air to him and his gaze can break any to his will.
Last edited by Benathorn on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ancient of Conquest

Postby Benathorn » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:39 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:Summoner's Name:.
momoply45
.:Ancient's 'True' Name:.
Zocoreth
.:Gender:.
Male

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by Benathorn on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crocodile-God » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:43 pm

can't WAIT
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:04 pm

I've got a trade saved already.
^_^

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure23 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:50 pm

[Can't wait to see Mephis's brothers. I can already tell they are going to look epic! ^^]
Eldemore.com! wrote:Image
Azure23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skeseth » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:58 am

Totally stalking these ancients >.> <.<

Come adopt your own and more at Eldemore!

Skeseth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:53 am

.:Summoner's Name:.
snowyowl379
.:Ancient's 'True' Name:.
Eroberung
.:Gender:.
Male
.:Bid:.
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=19747736

One of the pets I put in here was not on your wishlist, but in your trade rules, it said that you wanted it. If you don't want it anymore, I can change the bid. Also, I am trying for the Siphon rune too, does that break the rules?

Dropping out. Don't have a good enough bid, must save up some pets!
Last edited by Sneky on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me