Postby maluruloki » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Up for adoption with kind permission from Benathorn. <3

maluruloki wrote:

Ethoria

Owner: I ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ Ian ♥
Breedable: "Very picky...only the best male will be fit."
Type: Scoria Rune

"Of Razor Edges and Heat"

"Me and my love of exploring dangerous places...it's going to kill me one day. Genevieve and I got to talking one evening and she expressed an interest in a program on our TV about volcanoes. I explained that Benathorn had already discovered a Rune native to those superheated geological wonders, but my Flash Rune wouldn't be swayed. She wanted to go see these Runes who so willingly dove into lava without fear!
We drove out to a national park famous for a long-dormant volcano considered safe enough for travelers to explore, with common sense and safety in mind, around the edges of the crater. Genevieve was beside herself with excitement and even though it took us all day to hike up to the top, the view of the surrounding area was beautiful from that altitude. I wasn't the first to see the dark cavern in the side of the mountain, but when I saw Genevieve flutter into its shadows, I panicked and ran into it as well. I was surprised at how warm the interior of the tunnel was and as I searched for Genevieve, calling out to her, I was soon sweating in my hiking gear. It felt like hours before the cave took a sharp turn to the right and I saw a reddish glow at its far end.
"Dormant...dormant volcano... Wait, what?!" I was incredulous, but couldn't convince myself that I was hallucinating as the ambient air temperature skyrocketed into blistering dry heat the closer I got. I called for Genevieve one more time and thank goodness the imp finally flew back to me from around another bend.
Sophie, Sophie! she cried, losing feathers in her excitement; I found another Rune! I had to shed my jacket before I could continue on, but I did and was stunned when I turned the corner. It was a dead drop into space and far below, the deep glow of the volcano reached up into the shadows. It was eerie, especially when I didn't see the Rune that Genevieve was talking about. She flew out into the hazy air once more and I could only take huge gulps of warm water from my canteen to stave off my breathless anxiety. The flash of reddish light from her feather cued me into her return. I stepped back once...twice...began to stumble as I realized there was a much larger shadow following behind her in an ominous manner. I ended up on my behind, palms scraped up, as Genevieve and this strange Rune the size of a large dog entered the cavern. I could only stare. The Rune was strikingly scary at first sight, with its ember-like eyes with white pupils, its seemingly liquid chest fluff, and those feathers on its wings... I recognized those immediately as a natural design akin to obsidian rocks. The light that the Rune emitted reflected off its razor-edged feathers in muted shades of crimson. Genevieve seemed pleased with herself, but I was slow to rise up as the Rune was giving me a gimlet stare.
"I think we're going now, Genevieve. Say goodbye to your friend," I whispered to my ecstatic Flash Rune. The two conversed briefly and it was intriguing to hear how low-pitched this new Rune's tones were. I felt my ribs rattle at one point! I was able to pry Genevieve away from the Rune after a minute more and I breathed easy when we were outside once more. My Flash Rune was thrilled with herself and once she explained the strange Rune's reserved behavior, I better understood it.
~~~
The Scoria Rune, according to Genevieve, is a Rune with one Bearer and one Bearer only. They will wait decades if necessary for their Bearer to find them. They are so incredibly bonded to their Bearer that it can be a burden to own one; sometimes it's impossible to hug your own family members. They make the best guardians possible for anyone who can tolerate a constant source of heat nearby. They are cousins to the Volcanic Runes, but far less friendly. Their feathers make wonderful instruments for various tasks due to their sharp edges and so they are rarer due to some poaching over the last century or so. Perhaps the best part about being bonded to an Obsidian Rune is the fact that the Bearer will never again have another nightmare. It's like this Rune even protects you in your dreams."

Thank you for participating!!!

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85]Female[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[size=85](What is the dragon's personality like?)[/size]
[b]Why do you wish to have him/her:[/b]
[size=85](State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)[/size]
[b]Where will you keep him/her:[/b]
[size=85](Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)[/size]
[b]Would you like to breed him/her in the future:[/b]
[size=85](This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)[/size]
[b]Any Quirks:[/b]
[size=85](Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/size][/center]

Last edited by maluruloki on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BLANK Rune

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:32 pm

It's gonna be an epic rune I bet!

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Go ahead and post it up Loki.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vespur » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Can't wait to see (:

"Signature now belows to Toothless."
Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Obsidian Rune

Postby Benathorn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:43 pm

We already have an Obsidian Rune.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Benathorn wrote:
We already have an Obsidian Rune.

Thank you, Bena. Making mistakes left and right today, apparently!

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure23 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:46 pm

[This is really epic! I love it.

You can name it the Magma, Lava, or Volcano's Heat Rune.

*Edit:
Nevermind. ^^
]
Eldemore.com! wrote:Image
Azure23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Scoria Rune

Postby wajas » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Brilliant. :0 I might apply...Need to give My other runies attention. XD
wajas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraBeast » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Oh mah gosh! So epic! I have been waiting for a rune like this, i will defenently apply :D
ImageImageImage
AuroraBeast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bast-et » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:30 pm

So much love for this rune Loki! He's gorgeous <3

Owner Name:
~Bast~

Name:
Dimka

Personality:
Despite her dark coloration, Dimka has a bright personality like the volcano he was born in. Her life is focused on her owner, and her favorite thing is making Bast smile, or even better, laugh. It goes without saying that Dimka is ridiculously loyal, and overprotective of the one that makes her life so bright. She knows that it is unlikely that anyone would want to hurt her... but taking that risk is not an option, regardless. She is also curious, and inquisitive, and has dragged Bast all over town in search of a smell, or the source of a sound that interested him. Dimka gets along with almost everyone except those who dislike Bast; however, it does take awhile before she "warms up" to strangers (excuse the lame puns hehe).

Why do you wish to have her:
Well, I wasn't really intending to go for her, because I was worried about how she would fit in with Aludra and Serca... But I kept thinking about her and coming back to her page to admire her, and it got to me. So I just adore her theme, and I'm almost constantly cold, so I wish I could have a gorgeous heat-source like this beauty. She also reminds me a lot of my energetic border collie, so her personality is based on Gypsy just a bit. <3

How does Dimka interact with Aludra, Cei, and Serca?:
Aludra enjoys Dimka's bright cheerfulness- it reminds her of Spring, and she is very appreciative of the protection Dimka offers her summoner. Aludra knows that both she and Serca have enemies that could be a potential threat to Bast, and Dimka's unwavering devotion gives her the peace of mind to run errands that require her to go alone and leave Bast behind.
Serca loves the fresh view Dimka has on the world- Dimka's happy, optimistic view often makes Serca reevaluate how she sees things, something crucial for a rune devoted to stories. Serca also enlists Bast and Dimka to help her track down elusive stories. Dimka seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to finding things, and that extends to facts that Serca needs =D
The Folklore Rune (Cei) adores Bast's bright protector. For her part, Dimka is very fond of Cei as well, and has taken to guarding the little trouble maker as he searches for new substances to sculpt. The two get along swimmingly, and when he is tired, Cei can be spotted on Dimka's back sleeping between her wings. There is no safer place in all of El. <3

Where will you keep him/her:
My characters rotate through my siggy- I change out pieces of art about once a week, and everyone gets a chance in the spotlight. In addition, all my runies have a spot on my character thread, and I am in the process of making a thread dedicated to them, so Dimka would have an entire post just for her and all the art I intend to do and commission for her.

Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Most likely- I think any of her offspring would be epic and lovely in the extreme.

Any Quirks:
Dimka is full of funny things she does. Dimka loves games like tag and chase, and occasionally when she runs or focuses really hard, she sticks her tongue out. She also has a fondness for spicy food- the hotter the better XD

Other:
Dimka knew the moment she felt the presence searching through the dormant volcano where she had waited all these years that she had found her partner. The floods of lava had long since ceased to flow here, and still Dimka stayed. What else was there for her? No heat rose from the walls, and no light from the fires. Just her, until now. Should she go find the human? Sit and wait for the human to find her? What should she be doing? Should she pose and look regal? But Dimka couldn't help herself; she couldn't wait, and she took off to find the person.
Dimka followed her gut feeling, and raced through the dark hallways like a comet through the night sky. There, there, there! Dimka had found her! A girl- well, young woman really, dressed in cargo shorts and a tank, clearly on some sort of expedition. And a shocked look on her face. The lady clearly hadn't expected a large dog-sized flaming rune to explode before her, excited and prancing in place to find the person she had waited so long to meet.
And then Dimka saw the others. She hadn't even noticed them earlier, but she saw them now. A tall, willowy woman with thick flowing brown hair, and a sense of power stronger than any person should have. A brown rune with the wisdom of ages in her eyes and shining gold rune on her wings. And cradled in the human's arms- her human- a baby rune with glowing white marks, eyeing her rock formations like a sculptor eyed marble. She hated them all. No one should touch her person but her.
"Hello?" the woman began cautiously, "I'm Bast. Would you like to introduce yourself?"
Dimka tried out her voice for the first time in a decade, "I am Dimka, and I am yours."
"Mine? I've never met you before" she responded incredulously. The woman behind her frowned and placed a hand possessivly on Bast's arm. And it bothered Dimka.
"Yes, yours. I am Dimka, and you are my bonded. I feel it."
"But Cei is my bonded. His mother is my close friend and companion, and I am Aludra's summoner. But I do feel you too..."
A new voice joined in the mental conversation. A weighty voice with all the power of a season behind it.
"I have yet to see a Scoria rune not know their fated companion." she said. "I also have yet to know a Scoria rune that could bear to share their love with more than one person."
Dimka scoffed and replied, "I can share. Or I can learn" she added. "Anything is worth knowing why my heart calls to her."
Dimka could see Aludra weigh her words, and then nod her agreement. Then Serca landed before her, dwarfed by Dimka's size.
"Bast has duties beyond just wanders- a summoner of the Ancient of Spring has responsibility to everything."
"And I would protect her in those duties."
The graceful rune nodded in acceptance and turned to the small rune in Bast's arms.
"And you would play with me?" Cei asked plaintively.
Dimka smiled, a bright sunny smile that shone brighter than the heart of a volcano.
"And I would play with you too!"

<3
Last edited by Bast-et on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bast-et

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me