Drawing sessions 9
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Baby Sea Salt Rune

Postby Benathorn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:43 am

Iklyn

Owner:soulBridge.
Type: Baby Sea Salt Rune

"Congratulations, it's a Girl!"

This sweet little female is the daughter of Hiroshi and lovely. The Sea Salt Rune is a Rune which dwells in the tropical seas around Eldemore. These little creatures love to collect seashells and sea stars and string them together as ornaments. They travel in groups of hundreds and are as big as the palm of your hand. They love to lick sea salt from the rocky shores and are the little cleaner of the seas! They will untangle seaweed from their fellow sea creatures and clean any passing fishes scales to make them all shiny and sparkly. The Sea Salt Rune absolutely loves to bob among the currents and waves of the ocean and can be seen surfing atop the foam to reach the sandy shores. They never grow tired of this and will continue to do this till the sun sets over their home. They are highly sociable creatures with a tendency to hoard the things which wash up upon shore and will often clean the seas of any human trash or waste. They are essential to the life cycle of the ocean and a main part of why Eldemore's seas are so crisp and clear.

Last edited by Benathorn on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Baby Sea Salt Rune

Postby zacherie » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:15 am

Owner Name:
soulBridge.
Name:
Iklyn
Personality:
Basic Outer personality
Always out to help
Curious
Loves and values freedom

Why do you wish to have him/her:
When I first saw her, she simply took my breath away. Of course, the shimmer rune, the mist rune, the varren rune, everyone was very adorable! And I wish good luck to everyone who applies, but this guy took me away and just...she stood out the most for me. The blending of the colors was a really fun challenge for me when I drew her. And these ideas came to me. Slowly, and some I forgot, but they're there. And she just gives me inspiration. It's very lovely.
I remember my grandma telling me that if you take a shell to your ear, the sound of the sea will be heard. I feel very empty when I hear it. Maybe Iklyn does too.

Where will you keep him/her:
She'll have a home in my character thread and will receive lots of artwork and happiness. I may not be able to RP too much or even guarantee artwork as school just started for me, but she'll always be in the corner of my heart, loved and unforgotten. Maybe I can't always flood her with art like some people. MaybeI can't involve myself with every single RP. But she will be loved, and I will make sure her legacy lives on.
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
Yes, why not? When or if she ever grows up xD
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
Hopefully a story will be in the works, but here is some art work!

Don't worry, little fella. I'll help you.

~ ~ ~

I'm so sorry, whale... I'm so, so sorry...

~ ~ ~

Come, Iklyn. Let us ride into the sunset. Be free until the sun goes down.

Yes! I'm free!
Last edited by zacherie on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
zacherie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonfire13 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:37 am

SO cute! Might try for!

EDIT: Trying for!

Edit again!:
Owner Name:
Dragonfire13
Name:
Seashell
Personality:
Seashell is a funny little rune who just loves water she try's to make everyone laugh and have a good time. If she thinks your sad she will try to make you laugh if she thinks your mad she will think it's at her and go and hide that when you have to go and find her telling her it's ok and that its not her fault. When happy she will try to make you even more happy but if she see's that you have a pool she will want to play in it. You can't find you a lot when she is under water because she seems to disappear she then will come back up out of no where and splash water out at you with her wings and tail.
Hmmm I think it's how she looks and how I just love the ocean and water! And my love for seashells and any kind of sea life really also it might have been how she has this water look to her that makes me love her even more.
My sig with Spade and Grass!
Yep! I bet she will make such cute little babies!
Any Quirks:
She likes to carry water in her mouth and drops it onto your face when you've over slept to her which is like sleeping tell 7:00a.m. Or she will take one of my many seashells I have on my dresser and drop it onto my stomach again and again tell I wake up or play with her.
Other:
MY PART OF THE STORY!
I had been at the beach with Grass and Spade they were playing in the sandcastle I built for them it was huge and fancy but they seemed to like it. I was running into the ocean my surfboard with me. I layed on it and swam towards a wave then stood up on it as I went on a wave that when I saw the little rune seeming to surf like she was on a surfboard. I smiled and waved at the rune and beefore I knew it she was on my surkboard with me her little tail hanging over the side while her head was high enjoying the sun and the sea water. When my surfboard come back onto the beach I saw the little rune still there and patted her head saying "that was awsome little girl." Then she went back into the ocean towards the next wave I went and got some suba gear from a shop checked on Grass and Spade then walked into the ocean and went under water checking both ways wondering if I could find any seashells for my collection. When I got to a reef I found some shells so I bent down to pick one up and the little rune came out of no where and grabbed the shell from me! I wathed her shocked then tryed to grab another one she took that to. I blinked wondering what to do so I sat on a rock and watched as the little rune come and dropped soome shells on my lap. I laugh well kind of laughed under water. I then swam up with the seashells and the little rune. When my head came above water I took out the air thing from my mouth and said "? And you can be my little swimming buddy when ever I come back." I said as I smiled but when I walked out of the water the rune was still there I didn't understand it tell I thought on it then said "Seashell do you want to come home with me?" She nodded so I went changed into my regaular clothes called Grass and Spade packed up and but Seashell into my backpack pocket as the sun went down and her eyes dropped while Grass and Spade flew over my head as I made my way home with my rune family.
SEASHELL'S PART!
I had been swimming around with a couple of my sea friends and had was adding a little blue clam to the string on my tail when I saw waves so I just had to go amd surf. When I got up there I saw a person on a surfboard and jumped onto it I put my wings out and blown back some but went back to were I was and hung my tail over the side some so it hit the water. I looked up and stared into the person's shocked face and heard the person laugh as the surfboard went and bumped into some sand. I looked at the person for a second then jumped back into the water and swam away. Later when I was hunting for seashells I saw the same person in scuba gear swimming down looking for something. Then I saw one of the person's hands going to grab a seashell and swam as fast as I could and grabbed it and swam away I did the same thing a couple times but then saw the person sitting on a rock and swam with a couple seashells and dropped them onto there lap. The person kinda laughed under water then sawm upwards with the shells I followed the person out of the water and watched the person take her mask off she said "you know little rune I think you really like seashells. Hmmmm how about I call you Seashell" and asked if I wanted to come home with her. I was shocked to see it was a girl but was happy with it. I followed her out of the water and saw Grass and Spade playing in the sand while she packed up then climb onto a bike then stopped looked at me and picked me up gently and I went home with her.

Image Seashell surfing on a surfboardXD and the surfboard says RUNE DRAGONS.
Image Seashell and her friends under the sea.
Image Seashell and Spade meeting for the first time! And the thing in Spade's head is a horn sorry not the best at art yet but I think I did great on the back groundXD
ImageGrass and Seashell meeting for the first time at a different time of day from when Spade meets her.

[WIP]
Last edited by Dragonfire13 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:51 am, edited 8 times in total.
Dragonfire13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Oh my, this is a gorgeous little Rune :D All of the Babypalooza ones are *and I LOVE the Varren Rune xD*, but I... I just have to try for this one, I really do <3

Owner Name:
Commander Shepard
Name:
Kalahira. Benathorn, I'm sure you know where this comes from, but for anyone who doesn't get it: it's the name of a fictional goddess in the Mass Effect universe, the ruler of oceans and the afterlife. Plus, it's just plain pretty!
Personality:
A sociable creature, Kalahira is always on the lookout to make new friends, whether they're from distant seas or her own home beaches. She loves to explore all the oceans have to offer and finds herself fascinated with how different life between the land and water can be, as well as how many similarities are present. She does tend to have a bit of trouble keeping friends, though, as many are put off by her particular approach to keeping the oceans clean, but she pushes through and does her duty-- after all, the well-being of all comes before her own pleasure.

Kalahira is much more of a listener than a talker, and will always be there to lend an ear to anyone who needs to simply talk without fear of being judged. If she is able, Kalahira will also offer as much advice and help as she can. Sometimes, though, she may feel overwhelmed and hide herself away in some remote underwater cave, just resting and re-energizing so she can be at her best again.

Her quietness sometimes comes across as outright coldness, and... well, this can be true at times. When she feels drained, she will snub others and even become quiet rude, giving little thought to how her actions and words might affect others. Kalahira's moods, one might say, are as constantly changing as the sea itself-- wonderful and beautiful when calm, terrifying and violent when dark, and so difficult she doesn't totally understand them herself.

As I said, I love all of the Babypalooza Runes, but this one caught my eye first, and I just kept coming back to her. The coloration is beautiful, I love the shades of blue and subtle yellows and greens, and you picked a very nice shade of pink for the eyes/sea stars ^^ The spikes and frills and such are also quite lovely, very reminiscent of her father. And lastly... well, I just feel she'd be a wonderful addition to my group. It'd be nice to have something ocean related, especially since I'm going to be moving to a coast sometime in the near future-- who knows, maybe she's also inherited a bit of luck from her dad and will help in that regard?
Character thread, naturally, as well as somewhere on the Rune Dragon forum... I may make her my signature guard there, as a matter of fact. Especially if I can ever get her grown to adult.
Yes, if/when I have her grown. That said, I will probably be quite picky about her mates.
Any Quirks:
Guide to the dead: Like most Sea Salt Runes, Kalahira feels it is her responsibility to keep the seas clean and thriving. While she too engages in simpler activities like keeping fish clean and freeing other creatures that have been trapped, Kalahira also attends to a more... morbid side of things. After all, the living are but one part of the cycle of life, and the dead certainly have their place as well. She and others involved in this particular aspect will often give bodies (or in some cases, bones) a proper burial, or else move what they can to a location where scavengers and other creatures can make good use of the remains. It is by no means a pleasant task, but one that must be done in order to keep the oceans healthy and clean; and she simply tries to make sure each creature is treated with dignity and respect so they may rest in peace.

Treasure hunter: When not helping maintain the oceans, Kalahira can often be found on the beaches of Eldmore's tropics, digging around for anything that catches her eye. Despite her youth, she has already built up a rather large hoard of items, ranging from gold coins found in sunken ships to little bits of broken glass buried in the sand. Most of her collection seems to be made up of broken things, though-- shards of glass, scraps of paper and paintings, bits of pretty cloth; not to mention all sorts of bone fragments, shells, and interesting bits of driftwood. She just loves the broken things and imagining what they might have once been a part of-- was the glass from a cathedral window, or simply an old bottle of wine? Did the cloth belong to a king, a gypsy bard, a quit or child's blanket? But there is more to it than that-- even if she may never know where the things came from, the have beauty beyond possibly once having been part of a grander whole. The way a bead may shine in the light, the swirl of a shell, the colors-- even if they've bled-- in a painting. All beautiful in their own right.

Here where the world is quiet: Another thing Kalahira treasures is poetry. Should someone happen to be writing or reciting any on the beach, she will quietly creep up and listen as long as the speaker goes. If asked why she enjoys poetry so much, Kalahira would simply reply with 'a good poem is like the sea.' It's just something about what happens when the right words are there, when the right rhythm and meter are present, it feels much like swimming and surfing over the rolling waves, and is a feeling the young Rune positively lives for.

Other:
As much as I want to, I simply can't think of a story D: However, I can give some quick information on her relationships with my other Rune dragons, should I win her.

Ashlyn: Kalahira and Ashlyn might come into conflict now and again, as Kalahira would be absolutely enamored with Ash's beads/feathers/strings, and often try to claim them for her own. However, it wouldn't be that often, and Ashlyn would be a great help on Kalahira's more restless days.

Adrian: Kalahira would hold great respect for the Paragade Rune, and often pester her for stories of past battles. Adrian would happily oblige, though she might try to spare some of the less-than-child-friendly details.

Mirala: To the surprise of many, Kalahira would hold little to no fear of the Banshee Rune. As terrifying and dark as Mirala might be, even creatures like her have a place in the world, and that place should be celebrated. Kalahira might well be the only other being, aside from Nyarlathotep, Mirala would allow any sort of physical contact from.

Nyarlathotep: She would give the Ancient a wide berth, but as with Adrian, Kalahira holds a deep respect for Nyarlathotep and what he must do to keep things in order.

Silha: They would have a very serious love-hate relationship. As in, Kalahira loves Silha, is fascinated by the Drell's scales and wonderful memories; while Silha would do everything possible to avoid Kalahira, due to the Drell Rune's mild fear of water (especially the sea). Still, they would likely slowly bond (to some extent) over mutual interests-- mainly poetry, and the fact that they both tend to turtle up and hide when under pressure.
Last edited by Dr. Paine on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby izauura » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Dropped out

-- I dont have enough time sorry --
Last edited by izauura on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
🍆🍆🍆
izauura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby н σ я ѕ є » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 am

Owner Name:
Ravenclaw<3, but you can call me Ravenclaw or Raven.
Name:
Shimmer of the Ocean Blue (Shimmer)
Personality:
She loves things natural. Yet, that perfect kind of natural that you only see in paintings and edited pictures. She is willing to spend days getting it to that. Just, as long as she has breaks to swim and play. Oh yes, she loves to be with others. Showing off the glittering shells she has collected. And, displaying how good of a swimmer she is. Nothing like curling up on a nice warm rock that just barely peaks out of the water. Feeling the tops of the foaming waves lap over your back while you watch the clouds creep across the sky. Ah, what peace.
I've always had a love for the unreal. For the creatures that for years have been called fake. Been told that they are just myths or stories. Also, I've always had a draw towards water. Before I could walk, I could swim. Long before I could remember, I was feeling waves lap hungrily at my feet, pulling the sand out from under me. These are my pride and joy, the things I can't remember the start of, and will never allow to end.
In my heart!:D No, but in my signature and charicter thread. Along with role plays. I'm hoping there is or will be a Rune Dragon role play.
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
At the moment, I don't plan on breeding her. But, once she is older I'm more likely than not to change my mind about this. So, truthfully yes.
Any Quirks:
Shimmer loves shiny things. Mainly shells and anything that glitters. She has an odd habit of collect things and keeping them. She refuses to let them be swept away by the tide and won't give them up, even if her life depended on it. (Ok, if it was that serious she might.) Also, she ikes to make things out of her colletion. Like decorations and jewlery. ometimes she makes clothes and blankets out of the shiny cloth that sometimes drifts along the top of the ocean.
Other:
I would write a story or make art. But, I don't want to ruin the moment.
Horses wrote:"There is no love stronger than that in the eyes of a horse."-me
н σ я ѕ є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby н σ я ѕ є » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 am

Owner Name:
Ravenclaw<3, but you can call me Ravenclaw or Raven.
Name:
Shimmer of the Ocean Blue (Shimmer)
Personality:
She loves things natural. Yet, that perfect kind of natural that you only see in paintings and edited pictures. She is willing to spend days getting it to that. Just, as long as she has breaks to swim and play. Oh yes, she loves to be with others. Showing off the glittering shells she has collected. And, displaying how good of a swimmer she is. Nothing like curling up on a nice warm rock that just barely peaks out of the water. Feeling the tops of the foaming waves lap over your back while you watch the clouds creep across the sky. Ah, what peace.
I've always had a love for the unreal. For the creatures that for years have been called fake. Been told that they are just myths or stories. Also, I've always had a draw towards water. Before I could walk, I could swim. Long before I could remember, I was feeling waves lap hungrily at my feet, pulling the sand out from under me. These are my pride and joy, the things I can't remember the start of, and will never allow to end.
In my heart!:D No, but in my signature and charicter thread. Along with role plays. I'm hoping there is or will be a Rune Dragon role play.
At the moment, I don't plan on breeding her. But, once she is older I'm more likely than not to change my mind about this. So, truthfully yes.
Any Quirks:
Shimmer loves shiny things. Mainly shells and anything that glitters. She has an odd habit of collect things and keeping them. She refuses to let them be swept away by the tide and won't give them up, even if her life depended on it. (Ok, if it was that serious she might.) Also, she ikes to make things out of her colletion. Like decorations and jewlery. ometimes she makes clothes and blankets out of the shiny cloth that sometimes drifts along the top of the ocean.
Other:
I would write a story or make art. But, I don't want to ruin the moment.

Sorry, didn't mean to post this twice.
Last edited by н σ я ѕ є on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horses wrote:"There is no love stronger than that in the eyes of a horse."-me
н σ я ѕ є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KingTulip » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Owner Name:
TulipIsTheLionKing (Tulip for short=})
Name:
Starr
Personality:
Starr is very playful, and enjoys the company of other sea creatures. Her curiosity can sometimes get her into trouble, but never serious. Her favorite sea creatures are the dolphins, who are just as playful as she is.
Why do you wish to have her:
The moment i saw her i just fell in love. She is absolutely adorable! She's the best of the ocean.
My character thread=}
Most likely.
Any Quirks:
She loves to gather all the pretty things she sees. She puts them in a cave, which glitters and glows as the light shines on all her pretty iridescent shells.
Other:

Her and her best friend, Stella.
Last edited by KingTulip on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

*Creatures rotate when you refresh =}
**Art by
TheCalicoTabby
Image Call me Tulip (he/him) ^┬^
My scroll, feel free to PM with breeding negotiations
KingTulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am

You have one day to complete your forms before the end date. Forms which are incomplete will not be acceptedr nor will we give more time. Please be sure to have your forms done by tomorrow at midnight CS time.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:32 am

Code: Select all
Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)
Name:
Tourlaminae
Personality:
Tourlaminae loves the sea as do others of her kind. She is an artist in many ways and likes to draw little pictures in the sand with her tail. She is the kind who doesn't like to be the leader but won't always follow others' rules. She isn't much of a team player but if asked will make an exception. She's a healthy "go to bed early, wake up early" personality who sticks to that rule.
I luv her colours and innocent sea shell theme! I 've been reading about the ocean recently so I was drawn right to her!
She would be my first so no.
Any Quirks:
She bites her tongue when she draws, brushes things of when drawing even if they may be important
Other:
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.