Ancient Summer Rune by Jendalie

Based on Click to view
Artist Jendalie [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 23
40 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ancient Summer Rune

Postby Jendalie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:46 pm

This Ancient is to never be sold once it is owned. No one is allowed to try and offer any sort of payment for it, if they do offer please refer them to the rules and give them a warning! Once an Ancient belongs to someone it is their's alone, and while comments are appreciated, offering payment is not. Believe me, no one else could offer what these people pay for their Ancients so try to be considerate of one of our main rules!

'During one of our many travels my sister and I happened upon an amazing discovery...Runes that can summon incredible beasts! These very special Rune Dragons are ancient and powerful. They can effect and/or control the weather, seasons and elements. They don't answer to just anyone though, only special individuals that they deem worthy of their power and companionship. They are incredibly rare with no two like the other and we have only discovered a handful ourselves. I am not meant to have this Rune. Perhaps it has allowed me to come close because I only wish studying it. Although lately it has been very active, as though it could sense someone special approaching. Maybe it has been waiting for you?' ~ Jendalie

The story of the Summoner of Summer

"You raise your hand to wipe the sweat from your brow. The summer heat was unbearable at this time of the day. The humidity rising from the murky water makes you gasp as you kayak through the marsh. You are on a mission to collect oysters to sell at the market. You can just barely make out the sound of ocean waves in the distance, so near yet so far from where you wanted to be. You would love nothing more than to go for a nice cool dip in the ocean. Shaking your head you return your focus back on the task at hand. After several hours you have finally collected enough oysters to fill the large bucket you have brought with you.
As you paddle back home your mind begins to wander to an encounter you had in the market yesterday.

The cobblestone streets of the waterfront market were filled with the bustling crowds of people going about their daily lives, Rune Dragons perched on their shoulders. Your heart aches slightly at the realization that you had never found a Rune of your own. They all have something you desperately crave, companionship and…a friend. Sighing you make your way to the stand you were seeking and purchase a large bucket. Thanking the seller you turn around to head back home. But a flash of gold catches your eye. Glancing to your right you notice a tall woman standing against the harbor wall, a golden clockwork Rune resting on her shoulder. The woman signals for you to approach with a friendly wave. You hesitate for a moment before slowly making your way over to her. As you approach the woman gives you a warm smile and extends her hand toward you. A large clear ember stone rests in her palm. Was it your imagination or was there something glowing inside? The woman speaks as she places the stone in your hand, “Take it! Consider it a gift. The stone calls out to you. Keep it close and know that it will answer you when the moment is right.” You look in wonder at the beautiful gem, mesmerized by it. After a few moments you look back up to find that the woman is gone. Glancing around you realize you would never find her in the crowd. Looking back down at the stone you can’t help but smile.

You bring yourself back to the present. The sun is now setting and twilight spreads across the marsh. A lamp hangs at the side of your kayak, reaching over you lite it. You adjust in your seat and pull out the ember stone from your pocket. You glance at it again, not eager to return to your empty home on the beach. Thinking back at the market place; all of those amazing Runes and the smiling faces of their bearers. Your heart begins aching again and you fight back tears. You are so lonely. You want a friend more than anything in the world. Tears begin streaming down your face as all the emotions you have been bottling up pour out. You sit there floating in the marsh, holding the stone close to your heart and quietly sob.

The stone began to glow.

Sniffling you wipe the tears from your eyes after deciding you need to return home before it became any darker. Suddenly the music of frogs and insects became silent and still. Unnerved you look around to find that the marsh completely filled with fireflies. They shimmer and dance across the water and began to swirl around you. A sudden wave rocks your kayak and you are gently pushed into the nearest mud bank. Looking back you catch sight of a huge golden beast. Gasping you try to yell, but nothing comes out. The creature looks down at you with a large grin on his face and spreads his massive wings before bellowing out, “You called?” You blink back in shock at the creature speaking to you, quietly stuttering in response, “W-what do you m-mean?” The creature raises his brow; all four of his burning eyes focus on you. “Duh, you summoned me!” His voice is young and impatient. He seems to be in a hurry and you become scared again at seeing him agitated. He snorts but then suddenly furrows his brow as he stares at you. “This feeling… your heart aches.” He pauses before continuing, “I know this feeling all too well.” His demeanor and eyes suddenly become sad and he hangs his head, covering his face with his wings. “I’m so lonely.” The fireflies suddenly go dim and darkness falls over you both.

Your heart sings out to him. The exact thing you have been feeling this creature has been struggling with as well. You slowly reach out your hand and touch his wing. He raises his head and looks in your eyes. His expression becomes filled with joy and he returns to his old happy self. Fireflies start to glow again as they start to quickly swirl around you both “Will you be my friend!?” he suddenly shouts. You shrink back at the sudden change of emotion and your heart skips a beat. You look at him as you repeat, “Be your friend? You want to be my friend?” He nods his head smiling and continues, “Make a pact with me! We will run and fly together along the beach. Be lazy in the heat and bring fireflies to the night. You will never be alone again!” He wags his feathered tail and ruffles his feathers with excitement, impatiently awaiting your response.

Joy fills your heart as you understand that this was meant for you and you shout, “Yes I will make the pact! I want to be your friend!” You jump up in your kayak and throw your arms around his neck. Hugging him you begin to cry tears of joy. He wraps his wings around you returning the hug. Taking his large feathered tail he wipes the tears from your eyes. “No more crying ok. It’s time for life to be brand new.” He smiles warmly as you look up at him. Then his eyes become large as he shouts in excitement, “Oh I know! Let’s go swimming in the ocean tomorrow!” He pulls you up onto his back and takes off into the air. Both of you laughing as the warm glow of friendship fills your heart. This random fum loving dragon wants nothing more than to be by your side. Fireflies follow in a stream of shimmering gold and you realize that you have a friend for life and you will never be lonely again."

Journal Entry #17
Study Notes

The summoning stone of this Ancient is clear, smooth and ember with golden flecks that flicker and shimmer within. A faint tropical flower pattern can be found if the bearer looks closely.

He answers to the call of the lonely heart. It is the youngest of the Ancients and has a tendency to become over excited about the smallest things. Very energetic and random, he has a bad habit of becoming easily distracted. He can be lazy at times, preferring to sleep or play during the day. However, once night has arrived he will travel the land and skies, filling the world with beautiful fireflies.

When he takes his human form he becomes a tall handsome young man. His skin is tanned, eyes are red/gold and his red hair is unkempt and short.
Last edited by Jendalie on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ancient Summer Rune

Postby Jendalie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Congratulations Twisted_Swallow!

.:Summoner's Name:.
Twisted_Swallow
.:Ancient's 'True' Name:.
Azreth -> Bringer-of-Flames
.:Gender:.
Male

~Rules~

~Those with the best bid will earn the right to claim this dragon.
~Only wishlist pets please!
~You are allowed to add more to the bid till the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~You are not allowed to take certain pets out of your bid just because others have withdrawn. That is considered very rude and once you commit to a bid you must either keep the current bid the way it is or simply withdraw the whole bid.
~If you feel you are not able to win this auction then you may polity withdraw your current bid.
~Please do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes a very long time to make these kind of dragons so patience is the key.
~These dragons are very special and unique, so there will be no others like it. The line art for these will not be reused and each one will be different.
~There will be only two Ancient Runes released every month so do not fret if you do not obtain one.
~Only talk about other runes on the main page.
~If there are any question be sure to ask me or the mods for this thread.
~Have fun, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.

Anyone found breaking these rules will be disqualified.
Last edited by Jendalie on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 46 times in total.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ancient Summer Rune (on hold)

Postby CaptainHiccup » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:34 am

lol, you and Bena need to stop puttin us on edge with all of these ancients xP

-ChiCha
previous usernames:
FieryFilly & ChiChaAmaranthyne
amarenthenechimericalwallflower

Also known as spellcasster or CaptainHiccup on most platforms.

toyhou.sedeviantartinstagramold deviantartcharahub
CaptainHiccup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:36 am

Haha, sorry about that. We've had some internet problems on our end and I lost some artwork, so I'm posting early in case that happens again. ^^
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby †♉Ӝ̵̨̄❆Raven❆Ӝ̵̨̄♉† » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:38 pm

i wants a rune!

☓☓☓ Hey! You! ☓☓☓

Hey! I'm Raven Teh Absol, but feel free to call me Ravenn. <3
I'm obsessed with minecraft, and love everything about it. I
love trading, and love collecting pets, so don't be afraid to
send me a trade! I don't bite - Much.

I'm getting more into CS, after being inactive for a while, so
help around here will be great if you could give it! And, don't
be rude to me, my cousin Fail In Love will surely take care of
you if so. ^^

ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇ ᴍᴇ! Cʀᴇᴇᴘᴇʀs <3 Mʏ Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ Pᴏɴʏ
†♉Ӝ̵̨̄❆Raven❆Ӝ̵̨̄♉†

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arabianwolflove » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Can't wait!
Arabianwolflove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:27 am

I can't wait to see this *peels eyes to computer* O.o
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jormungandr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Even thought its just a dark screen, it looks good, can't wait!

HALEESI VOSI─────┐
"queen of nothing"

╒════════════════╕
hi im jormungandr, and im
obsessing over game of
thrones !
tumblrchar
jormungandr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery