Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Equihounds - a Fusion species by Scottish9

Based on Click to view
Artist Scottish9 [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Equihounds - a Fusion species

Postby Scottish9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Equihounds - the peculiar fusion of predator and prey
Customs Nursery Archives Artist Tryouts

Equihounds arose when the need for a large, versatile sled dog also arose. Scientists combined the genomes of the two greatest draft animals - sled dogs and horses - in the lab. They also mixed in some terrier for overall durability. Soon, the world had its ultimate draft dog. But it had much more than that.

It had an Equihound.

Equihounds are larger than even a malamute and can rival mastiffs in size. They have horse-like tails that do not wag, and their digits end in smallish hooves. They are calm animals, but can be reserved and closed off if they do not receive frequent socialization at an early age.

These creatures are omnivores and should receive equal amounts of meat and plant matter. They require considerable exercise and love to go exploring.
Last edited by Scottish9 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Equihounds - a Fusion species

Postby Scottish9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Equihound genes

Equihounds have a unique set of marking and color genes, thanks to their strange hybrid status. It is theorized to look something like this:

~Basic pigment locus: BB/Bb-black base; bb-white base
~Brown pigment locus: MM-light brown base; Mm-dark brown base; mm-no brown pigment (Basic must be BB/Bb for this locus to be seen)
~Agouti modifier (points are darkened): AA/Aa-agouti present; aa-not present
~Brindle: BdBd-total; Bdbd-partial; bdbd-none (base must be black and brown must be Mm)
~Dilution: DD-black to blue, dark brown to fawn, and light brown to cream; Dd-black to gray, dark brown to dusty, and light brown to golden; dd-no dilution (overrides agouti and is overriden by bb)
~Dapple: DpDp - gives any coat save white a lighter dappled sheen; Dpdp/dpdp-none (overriden by dilution and brindle)
~Albino (total lack of pigment): AbAb/Abab-none; abab-present
~Melanistic (total saturation of pigment): MlMl/Mlml-none; mlml-present
~~~~~~
~Snakeback (a white stripe running from forehead to rump): SnSn-broad; Snsn-narrow; snsn-none
~Eartips (white color on the eartips): EE-full ear; Ee-partial ear (top down); ee-none
~Birdcatcher spots (random white spots): BrBr-many; Brbr-few/none; brbr-none
~Shoulder stripe (gray wavy stripe on the withers): StSt-large; Stst-small; stst-none
~Blue eyes: BlBl/Blbl-none; blbl-blue eyes
~Underbelly (white under-marking that can run from chin to tail): UU-wider and longer; Uu-narrower and shorter; uu-none
~Eyepatch (white area around both eyes): EyEy-eye fully surrounded; Eyey-partial; eyey-none
~Flank stripes (lighter-base stripes on flanks): FF-many; Ff-few/none; ff-none
~Mealy muzzle (lighter-base area around muzzle): MuMu-large; Mumu-small; mumu-none
~Boots (white foot markings): BoBo-tall; Bobo-short; bobo-none (need not be on all 4, but all present must be ~ same height)
~Tailtip (black tail tip): TT-present; Tt-possible; tt-none
~Freckles (small, darker-base spots on face): FrFr-many; Frfr-few/none; frfr-none
~Skewbald (black patches): SkSk-none; Sksk-minimal; sksk-present
~Piebald (white patches): PbPb-none; Pbpb-minimal; pbpb-present

Although this guide is fairly accurate and should be used when crossing Equihounds, not all genes are fully known and surprises can happen.

EquiHounds also have two performance genes - keenness and durability. These are ranked on a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being lest desirable and 10 being most. Oddly enough, where one gene may be a 10, the other is often a 4 at best; they are inverses often.

Keenness: this gene determines how likely your Equihound will be able to sniff out any items in the exploration area. while even a 10 cannot guarantee a find, the higher the number, the more likely a find.

Durability: this gene determines how long your Equihound can explore, and also how it holds up in rough weather. While even a 10-ranked Equihound can refuse to explore, a 10 makes a longer exploration much more likely.

The Monetary System

Equihound owners and breeders use a special currency among themselves. It is called the Shiny Pebble, or SP for short.

There are several ways to get SP:
~charging stud/dam fees
~exploring
~winning an Equihound or being in second or third place
~Entering in shows and other events

These SPs are used to buy breeding services, purchase items, enter some events, and maybe more

Remember, it will be up to you to accurately keep track of your SP balance! You can do so on the player-kept archive page!

The Shop
Here, you can spend your SP on a variety of items. PM Scottish9 what items you wish to buy. Await confirmation, then detract the SP from your balance and add your items to your inventory

Ultrasound
This reveals how many whelps a female will have, and sometimes the sex of the whelps! (limit 1 per litter)
100 SP

Sniffing kit
This can raise your Equihound's keenness rank by at least 1 point, but no more than 5 and never above 10 (limit 1 per Equihound)
200 SP

Endurance course
This can raise your Equihound's durability rank by at least 1 point, but no more than 5 and never above 10 (limit 1 per Equihound)
200 SP

Dowsing rod
Use this to up your chances of finding some stuff in explore! (limit 1 per outing)
100 SP

Rain coat and booties
Use this outfit (not drawn onto your Equihound) to keep them exploring longer! (limit 1 per outing)
100 SP

Random collar
Pull a random collar out of this bin! (Gets you a random collar for your Equihound)
50 SP

Build-a-Collar kit
Design your own collar and mail it in for a model! Maximum of three colors on the leather, please.(limit 1 per Equihound) (gets you a custom collar for one of your Equihounds)
100 SP

Hoof paint
Use some of this pretty, 100%-safe polish to make your EQH's hooves look oh-so-pretty!
Colors in stock: red, pink, blue, green, white, black, and yellow (alters your Equihound's hoof colors to color purchased)
75 SP

STEM cells
Use these cells to modify ONE aspect of an Equihound (limit once per Equihound)
500 SP

Embryo in a tube
With this unborn whelp in a tube, you can completely design your own EQH! Performance genes rolled randomly, and gene laws must be abided by. (limit 2 per user)
1000 SP
Last edited by Scottish9 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Rules of Equihounds

~Equihounds may not be sold for any currency, real or fake. They also cannot be traded for items of any kind. However, they can be gifted and put up for readoption.
~Use the archive to keep track of your Equihounds, items, and SPs. This runs on the honor system (with some moderation). Any violation of this (cheating with items/SPs, failure to log used breeding slots) will result in punishment suitable to the offense.
~Be a nice person. No fighting, name-calling, or anything of the sort.

Equihound Staff

Owner: Scottish9. Scottish9 came up with the species idea and commisioned the lines. Please PM her with any questions/concerns you may have!

Artists: Artists make and adopt out Equihounds. Some will be selected to be nursery artists.

Claudysi: Claudysi made the lines and is a permanent artist!

Scottish9 is also an artist and a nursery artist

Chromium is a guest artist!
Archive moderators: Archive moderators watch the archives to make sure everyone plays fair

Moderators: Moderators make sure everyone is nice in chatting and doesn't cheat with events
Last edited by Scottish9 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Posting is open!
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango marmalade,, » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:48 pm

mark!
mango marmalade,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:01 pm

First adopt is up, and more will follow!
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:15 pm

mark!
is there a form for mods?
Serenity
Good night, sweet Braveheart, we will miss you and never forget you. Fri. Apr. 8 2016
Julius went missing September 19 2022, assumed to have passed away.
My sweet angel, Storm, you were a birthday gift to me. Now, you return to heaven today- October 16 (2023)
-Canines, Cats, Horses, Tolters, SCS babs, Rukami, RWBW, Sprigons, Teacats
You are eternally screwed once Castiel turns his big blue puppy eyes on you...

Furtopia

Name: Darkness
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:47 pm

I will be making mod forms and an artist competition very soon!
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:05 pm

XP
cool

Last bumped by Scottish9 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:05 pm.
Serenity
Good night, sweet Braveheart, we will miss you and never forget you. Fri. Apr. 8 2016
Julius went missing September 19 2022, assumed to have passed away.
My sweet angel, Storm, you were a birthday gift to me. Now, you return to heaven today- October 16 (2023)
-Canines, Cats, Horses, Tolters, SCS babs, Rukami, RWBW, Sprigons, Teacats
You are eternally screwed once Castiel turns his big blue puppy eyes on you...

Furtopia

Name: Darkness
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me