Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Luxiats by serotonin.

Based on Click to view
Artist serotonin. [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
60 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Luxiats

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:17 pm

What is a Luxiat? wrote:A Luxiat is an owl-like dragon, carrying features of both species. They're naturally compassionate creatures, ranging in size from around the size of a boxer to the size of a german shepherd. Partially domesticated, they're not always kept as pets, but it's not uncommon for them to find a happy home in the hands of skilled owners!

Moderator applications are open!
Please PM the following application titled "Luxiat Moderator Application" to Wrathia for it to be reviewed. Do not delete the "Moderator Application" at the top of the form, as I use that to sort my PMs. If you do, your form won't be considered.
Code: Select all
Moderator Application
Username:
Position: Moderator
Currently Luxiat Staff?: (yes/no)
Former Mod Experience: (Please include links)
Please complete the following scenarios, with how you would handle it. Use as many words as you'd like.
Scenario #1: Two people rolled a single-kit batch, and there's some serious drama and salt over who gets to keep the kit. How do you handle this?

Scenario #2: Someone is repeatedly spamming the fanclub with unrelated advertisements, won't edit in replies even after asked,
 and is generally using poor conduct. How do you handle this?

Scenario #3: You're the first to notice a nursery artist failing to complete their batches before doing personal batches, and has been known to change the limits in one of the cooldown documents to allow their friends to breed sooner. Who do you report this to?

Archivist applications are open!
Please PM the following application titled "Luxiat Archivist Application" to Wrathia for it to be reviewed. Do not delete the "Archivist Application" at the top of the form, as I use that to sort my PMs. If you do, your form won't be considered.

Archivist Application
Username:
Position: Archivist
Currently Luxiat Staff?: (yes/no)
Former Archivist Experience: (Please include links)
Please complete the following scenarios, with how you would handle it. Use as many words as you'd like.

Scenario #1: Another archivist has been storing things incorrectly, and failing to properly link to Luxiat and user pages. How do you go about fixing this?

Scenario #2: You know someone has been using a second dA account to adopt more Luxiats-- They're your personal friend and told you so. What do you do?

Scenario #3: You're going to be inactive for a while, and you're currently the only active Nursery Archivist. What do you do to make it easier for the other staff to cover for you?
Last edited by serotonin. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:27 am, edited 8 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Open for Adoption

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:17 pm

updated weekly
last update 11/28/17

Event wrote:#E00 | competition type

Normal Adopts wrote:#08 | competition type

Nursery wrote:#B00 | competition type

Guest Artist wrote:#00 | competition type

User-Hosted wrote:#00 | competition type

Last edited by serotonin. on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:18 pm

last update 10/25/17
updates will always be in blue
All Luxiats are property of Wrathia and the Founders and can be revoked and resold at any point in time if you are found to be in violation of the rules. If banned, all customs will be voided/deleted.

General
  • Luxiats are a closed species, you do not have permission to make your own without the use of a MYO ticket or other similar item.
  • The Luxiat community is based on respect. Respect each other, don’t try to guilt-trip. If you have something negative to say, keep it to yourself. You never know who your words will harm.

Adoption and Ownership
  • Each user may currently only own 10 Luxiats. This limit will increase as the species grows. If you’re caught using more than one CS/dA account to adopt more Luxiats than you are allowed, all will be revoked.
  • Each user may currently only have 3 customs. This limit will increase over time.
  • A Luxiat may be your fursona, just PM Wrathia first.
  • You may not alter the design of any Luxiat you own.
  • Customs may be revamped, but the overall design must remain the same.
  • Luxiat’s biology allows all gender combinations to produce viable offspring. Luxiats may be any orientation, or fall under any identification that they so choose.

Gifting/Trading
  • Trading Luxiats is allowed for the following (and the following only)
    • Other Luxiats
    • Closed species that allow out-of-species trading
    • Luxiat-specific items, such as breeding potions or MYO tickets
    • Currencies (PM Wrathia for approval)
  • You can only trade one Luxiat per calendar month, and you must have owned the Luxiat for at least two weeks before you can trade. If you are leaving, or in other special cases, PM Wrathia for approval before you rehome your Luxiat(s).
  • Selling Luxiats is permitted, but not more than for the total original purchase cost + all art purchased. All art must have a receipt or screenshot of payment included. If no receipt is included, the art piece cannot be included in the total price. A MYO can go for no more than the price of the ticket+art.
  • For all trades/sales/transfers, you must note/PM Wrathia, the original design artist, and an archivist.

Nursery Rules
  • Each user is currently only allowed to participate in one breeding per month, and is allowed to claim any number of babies from the litter.
  • Each Luxiat is only allowed to have three total batches over the course of their lifetime. This limit is subject to being raised in the future.
  • Luxiats must be grown before they can be bred, and cannot breed with relatives.
  • Pre-growths are allowed. It’s up to each owner to find/request that their batch be grown.
  • Luxiats can grow after two weeks.
  • Luxiats must be owned (or grown) for ten days before they can be bred.
  • If there is evidence of guilt tripping or drama between ownership over a batch that is unresolved for a certain span of time, the batch in question will be revoked and either publicly readopted or have their fates chosen by staff.
  • It's up to the nursery artist's discretion to decline a batch if it proves too complex/incompatible.
  • Twins/triplets are allowed, just state that you want similar designs in the form. (You must purchase a dice potion to guarantee a roll of two kits for twins.)
  • All permissions must be through ChickenSmoothie private messages (or a screenshot of a forum post). No off-site permissions will be accepted in any circumstance.
  • You may request a specific artist group but if another group or artist picks up the batch, you can't cancel it because you are unhappy with the artist choice. They were all selected based on a certain standard and will all do a beautiful job. If you have a personal issue with the artist, PM Wrathia with your concerns.
  • You may not contact your artist, or artist group, on the status of a batch less than 30 days old (from the time the artist picked up the batch.) Contacting an artist before this point regarding the batch will result in a strike, leading up to and including a ban from the nursery.
  • Any evidence of disrespect or immaturity toward the above rules can and will result in a strike and a temporary ban from the nursery that can turn permanent if issues persist.

Staff
  • Personal Batches cannot be completed until every selected batch is done, and you must have done a minimum of two batches in the month before you can post the personal batch.
  • Personal batch rolls are to be done by a Founder.
  • All legendary and event rare rolls are to be done by a Founder, and include proof of the positive rolls.
  • the occasional (no more than one for every fifty batches) abandoned batch can be made-
    An original design made on the baby lines- But if they're overdone they will be declined altogether. No more than two kits in an abandoned batch.
  • Staff earn one Ultra Rare MYO after they've completed their first 100 designs. A basic (no-edits) ticket is rewarded every 25 designs. Staff MYOs are allowed to be combined into a higher rarity.
  • Artists cannot post any dA (real-world currency or points) adopts without prior approval from Wrathia. A maximum of two per month can be posted per artist. All dA adopts must have an Auto-Buy option set, but may have a timed hold.
  • You may suggest ideas and rule proposals for the species, but you must respect the founder rank as much as you respect Wrathia as owner of the species. A suggestion someone non-founder makes is NOT law until staff comes to a consensus or Wrathia/the founders come to a decision.
  • Treat each other with respect. If there is proof that you are causing drama and issues within the species, you WILL be booted from staff without hesitation.
  • ALL new artist staff interested in nursery are required to make two fake batches as a trial period to determine whether you qualify to work with nursery batches. You may not decide on a whim without this trial.
  • Artists earn their customs. You may not purchase a custom for yourself, but you may purchase one for a non-artist member of staff or anyone else.
  • Staff are allowed to own up to fifteen Luxiats. There's no limit on staff customs.

Last edited by serotonin. on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:24 pm

last update 10/25/17

Creator wrote:Created the original sketch and lines/cover
Mintiature

Founders wrote:The four owners of Luxiats.
Wrathia
Xayah
Lex
true knight

Moderators wrote:capone.

Ghost Artists wrote:Tenturo
Mintiature
.lucifer

Trial Staff wrote:username

Guest Artists - Term 1 (Nov 1st to Nov 30th) wrote:Castiel

Last edited by serotonin. on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mutations

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:24 pm

last update 00/00/00

Standard
No Hair
Standard Size Wings
Standard Tail
Standard Ear Tufts

No Rarity
Glow
Sparkle
Weight edits

Uncommon
Colored scleras
Ear tuft edit
Nose edit
Smooth Horns
“Hair” edits (that edit the head only, cannot be long enough to touch the ground when wet)
Tail tuft edit

Rare
Tail edit
Complex Horns
Hair edits that cover the entire area, add ‘hair tufts’ anywhere not on the head/tail, or touch the ground when wet
Wing size edits

Ultra Rare
Due to the unique type of traits these are, each Luxiat with any Ultra Rare traits can only pass on the traits to one child and one grandchild, or two children. Those children/grandchildren will be incapable of passing the trait on, even if rolled for.
Bat wings
Multiple sets of wings
Pixie wings
Fins instead of wings
Mertail
Flame feathers
More than 2 eyes

Legendary
Due to the nature of Legendary traits, each Luxiat will only be allowed to pass their trait on to one child. That child will be incapable of having any Legendary children, and will pass design/lesser mutations only.
Royal set
Full aquatic set
Ghost
Cerberus
Rot
Crystal Set
Wraith (Limited)
Last edited by serotonin. on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Featured Art and Users

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 pm

last update 00/00/00

Featured Art wrote:none currently!

To have your art featured here, send Wrathia a PM or note on deviantArt, and your piece will be added to a selection pool for the Founders to choose from!

Featured Users wrote:none yet- Be the first!

Users selected for their exceptional display of the qualities we love in our community. Be it hosting a giveaway, offering some gift art, or just generally being helpful, positive, and welcoming!

Last edited by serotonin. on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Strikes and Bans

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 pm

last update 00/00/00

Strikes and Bans are a necessary evil with any species, and Luxiats is no exception. Strikes are temporary, and after three months they 'fall off'. Bans can be temporary or permanent- Permanent bans result in all Luxiats being revoked.
All Luxiats are property of Wrathia and the Founders and can be revoked and resold at any point in time if you are found to be in violation of the rules. If banned, all customs will be voided/deleted.

Strikes
A warning is given before a strike. Strikes can accumulate, though if an unreasonable number have been given, a ban will be issued.
none yet

Bans
If you are temporarily banned, you will be banned from participating in adoptions, auctions, or other events until your ban is lifted. This includes having others enter for you. In the case of a permanent ban, all Luxiats are to be revoked.
none yet
Last edited by serotonin. on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Feathers and Referrals

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:26 pm

ImageImageImage

Welcome to the Luxiat referral program! Here is where you can advertise for our species, and earn yourself a nice little reward in return!

When you refer someone, make sure to tell them to post that you sent them!
"[your username] referred me, mark!" would be able to credit it to you. With this, you earn feathers.
Feathers are similar to HM's in other species- they actually mean the same thing. They can be traded in right here to Wrathia for some neat items!

Feathers Shop wrote:put items here
Last edited by serotonin. on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Banners and Stamps

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:26 pm

last update 10/25/17

Stamps wrote:credit to the below stamps to the lovely boss.
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3620068][img]https://i.imgur.com/Udv36pr.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3620068][img]https://i.imgur.com/EvNCUBW.png[/img][/url]

Banners wrote:none yet

Advertise for Luxiats through your signature, trade rules, or anywhere else, really!

Last edited by serotonin. on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby serotonin. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:52 pm

last update 10/30/17

Closed Species wrote:ImageImage

Open Species wrote:your species here!

Last edited by serotonin. on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me