Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Celestial War Sabers (OPEN) by Guest

Based on Click to view
Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Celestial War Sabers (OPEN)

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:43 pm

-Locked until I have more time for these-

Celestial War Sabers

"When the heavens shatter and the sky begins to fall, the beasts of the stars shall once again rise to fight alongside mankind."
    Celestial War Sabers, also referred to as simply Sabers, are a highly intelligent creature of unknown origins that closely resembles a horse in appearance. Long noted as 'Children of the stars' due to their supernatural abilities, these creatures were once thought to be mere myth. A legend told only through ancient cultures. It had been long prophecized that these legendary beasts would make its return. Now, as the drums of war ignite the land, they have returned to lend their aid...or have they?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Discord link - Fanclub - Artist Competition - Archives - Transfers
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rules:
    All CS and Oekaki rules apply.

These are a closed species and should be in no way copied or are you to claim someone else's as your own. This also means you can not make your own.

There is no ownership limit.

Selling, trading and gifting a Saber is currently not allowed. Selling or trading a saber for any form of currency(c$, DA points, ect.) can result in a species wide ban and/or the saber being taken away and placed up for re-adoption. If you really want to gift your saber away, send me a message so that we can discuss the ownership transfer.

While not all designs are symmetrical, please be sure to make sure the other side closely resembles and follows design. A mostly white saber isn't going to be solid black on the other side.

While there is no limit to how many you can adopt, you are restricted to winning one a day.

No begging, whining, or being rude to others. Just keep things civil and respectful.

Keep everything cs friendly when it comes to character development and art.

Do not remove Ember's signature, they devoted a lot of time to making both sets of line works.

If you take your saber off site, please credit the species.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to message me. I'm just one person with a small mind, I can't think of everything.

Staff:
    Owner:
    Ezai

Artist:
    Kosciusko

Lines made by Emberwolf
Last edited by Guest on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Basics

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:44 pm

Intelligence and Civilization:
    Celestial War Sabers are a highly intelligent and civilized creature. Their intelligence ranks equal to a bit higher than an average human's. While they do not hail from earth, their home operates in a similar fashion. There are leaders, fighting factions, armies, religions, family units and jobs. Each saber has its own role within its society, one of which is being part of it's faction's armies. Among all three factions it is a requirement for each saber to contribute to the factions cause. The army role is not strictly as a a common solider as ever army requires things besides soliders such as cooks, doctors, crafters, planners, representatives, ect. Every saber is considered valuable and useful.
    One major part of their society is the focus on the young' education. It's very early on in their life that they choose thier role and from roughly 15 years of age they begin training in that role. Training is usually completed at the age of 30 where they seperate from their master trainer and work on their own. Each saber is usually declared to have mastered their role or trade and take on their first apprentice around the age of 40. While it's not unknown for a saber to change it's role in the middle of its life, in some factions it is incredibly hard and looked down upon.

Things to note:
    Sabers can live upwards of 200 years.
    Most sabers retire from their role at the age of 150
    There are 3 factions
    Sabers while they can forge deep bonds with humans are NOT pets
    Gender and Sexuality is an abstract concept to Sabers. They can be anything they wish to be.
    Breeding can occur between any saber unless one is infertile.

Sabers can be breed up to 5 times.

Appearance:
    In the documents of the past, Celestial War Sabers were, for the most part depicted as a large stocky equine like creature. Each one equipped with monster cloven hooves and an intimidating set of tusks. The mythic breed widely known for its bulk and overall brute strength as well as it's intimidating size. However, since their return to earth, there has been an emergence of sleeker, thinner bodied saber. While not much is known about why the second body type has appeared, it has proven to have its own advantages over its stockier counterpart. While they do closely resemble horses, their coat patterns have been known to expand past just horse colours. It is not uncommon to find some similar in colouration to canines, felines or other mammals.

Features to note:
    Curled ears
    Cloven hooves
    A set of tusks
    While manes and tails are usually kept short, they can grow to any length.
    They can be ridden only by humans they have bonded with

Body Types:

The Ma'kara,or in human tongue the Brute, is the oldest documentaries form of Sabers. They are well regarded for thier towering size and weight. These massive beasts tower over humans with an average height range of 24 to 28 hands high. Thier set of tusks are among the strongest of sabers, its strength aiding well in combat. While the Ma'kara are well know for thier brute strength and power, they falter when it comes to speed and stealth.

The Loh'hara, or sprinter, is a once unknown varient of Sabers. They are smaller, leaner and much faster than their bulky counterpart. They typically range from 17 to 20 hands high and are highly regarded for their speed and endurance. They are incredibly light on their feet and agile. While thier tusks are not as strong as a Mah'kara's they are incredibly sharp and used with acute precision.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 am, edited 16 times in total.

Factions

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Factions:

The home planet of the Sabers is broken into 3 territories. Each one ruled by its own faction. Each with its own purpose and ideal. Each one in conflict with each other over territory and resources.

The Bra'cor:
    The mighty Bra'cor faction prides itself on its strength and militant ways and pledges it's loyalty to dark king Hemuuric. Under the leadership of Hemuuric, this faction has grown to be one of the most feared. To the Bra'cor power is something to be gained, a must to succeed in this world to this faction of sabers. They are often regarded as power and war hungry, aggressive and overly demanding. Every saber has a function in this faction to make them succeed in their conquests. This faction is constantly prepared for battle and focus's most of it's time training for war and conquering land. Due to their beliefs, this is the faction with the most land and resources controlled. Weakness is not tolerated, nor is engaging with those of another faction.

Breeding:
    75% results in Ma'kara body type.
    25% results in Loh'hara body type.

The Sha'har:
    The Sha'har is a faction who prides itself on exercising restraint and peaceful ways. This faction has been lead to it's glory by its honourable leader Liwynn. While their main purpose is to keep the peace, they are not against defending it with their life.
    While they do not control as much land as the Bra'cor, they excel at trading, trade skills and have the best economic standing. It is widly believed in this faction that in order for a saber to reach it's max potential, one must master a trade and produce a successful family line. Anything less than that is looked down upon. They are by far, the richest of the factions which allows almost all of its sabers to live in some form of comfort as long as they provide to the faction. While interactions between factions are not outright punished, they are heavily discouraged as it can be seen as a dark mark on a family line.

Breeding:
    25% results in Ma'kara body type.
    75% results in Loh'hara body type.

The Je'harc:
    The Je'harc is as much of a faction as a band of rebels would be, outsiders and loners that have been cast away from the other factions. They are sabers who have broken away from the other factions for different reasons, rebels of both sides. Zalor, though he is the face of the faction and named leader maintains that it is ruled and governed by every member. This faction is bound together by their struggles and the common understanding that one has to do what they must to survive. They do not focus on how much land they have or who they must fight, their priority is to survive and to keep the young and disabled safe. The Je'harc accept any and all sabers therefore there is no issues or qualms about relations among factions.

Breeding:
    50% Ma'kara body type.
    50% Loh'hara body type.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Misc

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Rituals, powers and markings such as wolver spots, starlight, constellation spots to be here.

Powers:

Sabers are considered mystical beings. They have been noted to have exceptional healing abilities from regeneration to an abnormally fast healing rate from injuries. Despite this healing ability, it must be noted that some injuries do appear to for some reason or another become permanent or leave permanent scars and disfigurement.
      Aside from their remarkable ability to heal, each one appears to have some mastery of an element. The ability to bend fire to their will or cause the under growth to ensnare prey. There's not been a saber yet found to not be able to manipulate something. Shadows, earth, water, plants, ect. The list is ongoing and growing with each generation.
      It also must be noted that in offspring there has been evidence of the possibility of the parent's abilities mixing to create a new power. This has been seen with a fire manipulating saber breeding with an earth manipulating saber resulting in an offspring with the ability to harness and control molten earth or lava.

While not all is known about these powers at this time there are a few things own.
      Every saber appears to wield one power.
      This power is not restricted to the elements and can involve things such as life and death.
      It is known that no saber has more than one power.
      Powers can mix through the generations creating offspring with a new power.
Last edited by Guest on Sat May 27, 2017 7:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Celestial War Sabers (WIP)

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Open for posting now. Further info will be filled out soon.

Postby DraconisSumeris » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Mark owo
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me