Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

X H O L I S [REOPENED!, CHECK pg 48!] by kivr & fireflii

Based on Click to view
Artist kivr & fireflii [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
147 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

X H O L I S [REOPENED!, CHECK pg 48!]

Postby kivr & fireflii » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:09 am

XHOLI
(zho-lee)
Archives
Fan Club

Quick Analysis

Tall, lean frame, round ears, and bright eyes, Xholis are diurnal, hierarchal, and intelligent species that wield the forces of nature. Xholis are social animals that can be recognized into 2 different clans. The ones that hunt at dusk, and those that hunt at dawn. Their pelt reflects their environment as the Dusk hunters tend to have darker palette while the Dawn hunters are significantly lighter. Between those two clans, the species are once again split into more diverse and specialized packs. Fire, Earth and Water are the most common forces of nature that each Xholi wields. The gem they are born with determines their attribute, which is effected by the parent's gems. Every Xholi is given a role befitting their status in the pack, and the leader of the each pack is expected to keep the peace.

Staff
winter & fireflii - owner / head artist
akami-chan - manager / artist
emberwolf - artist / le sexï
pterodactyl - archivist
verdana - RP admin

Rules
Image Do not claim these species as your own.
Image If you no longer want your Xholi, please send them back to me.
Image If taken off site, please credit to my CS account AND/OR crypopo.deviantart.com
Image No prodding. No trolling. No complaining. No spamming
Image You are not allowed to edit the adoptable.
Image 2 strikes and you will be banned.
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:47 am, edited 24 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Info Stuff

Postby kivr & fireflii » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:11 am

The 2 Clans have co-existed as long as the history could trace back.
With the guidance of each pack leader and the clan leader, the Clans continues to thrive in peace and prosperity.
Each Clan is divided into 3 packs, the Moto, the Maji, and the Dunia.
The Moto Xholis are the fire, Majir the water, and the Dunia are earth users.
Each Xholi bring their power from their gem, and rarely non-elemental Xholis or unique elemental Xholis are born.
In those cases, they are expected to leave their natal pack and wander as a loner.
If they were born with another element of Moto, Maji or Dunia, they simply join the other pack as a pup.
Other rare traits are acceptable within the pack, as long as their elemental power aligns with the others.

Stronger Xholis are higher up in their pack's status, and produce better offsprings as well. They are opportunistic breeders, and do not singly bond to one Xholi but to the whole pack.

The Dawn packs hunt in the early mornings where their powers are the strongest and the Dusk packs hunt when the last rays of the sun hits the earth. Through this they are able to live in peace

Specifications
ImageAn Adult Xholi can grow up to be around 2.5ft (think hyena), weighing about 30~35kg.
ImageA newborn Xholi is called a pup and at this stage the parents must be very careful since the gem has yet to harden and can crack. Once cracked, their powers will be weakened significantly.
Image It's impossible to tell the Xholi's sex, and there are no concept of gender between them. Therefore, when they come of age, they choose their own identity.
Image Xholis from their respected pack can bond. It is rare but possible to mate with a Xholi from a different pack, as long as they are from the same Clan. Xholis from different Clans cannot bond.
Image It is said that when a Xholi from the Dusk and Dawn bond, a special pup is born... however it is against the Xholi customs.
Image Though the gem stays at a refined state when not in use, when the Xholis is drawing energy from it, it grows into its raw form.
Image Xholis usually have 2 offsprings, but there are rare instances of 1 to 4 offsprings.
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

----

Postby kivr & fireflii » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:12 am

---
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserve

Postby kivr & fireflii » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:13 am

CLANS/PACKS
There are 2 clans. Dawn. and Dusk.
Within those 2 Clans are Packs.
Each Clan has 3 Packs.
They are named after the element they wield.
So 2 Clans. 6 Packs.

HIERACHY / RANKING
From the highest to the lowest
Clan Chief / Leader / The Dawn / The Dusk
Clan Leaders themselves have no active role in controlling the packs / pack dynamics. Think of them as like a bigger entity (god/goddess) who only intervene at times of trouble. They are offspring of the entity that created/forged the species - so they are siblings that are able to wield all 3 elements. They do not gain age, or choose to bond with any "regular" Xholis. Being seen as a bigger being, the respective packs endorse the siblings and believe that they would protect the packs from harm.( It's a common bedtime story for the young pups!) Some believe they are just nursery myths, but many older Xholis believe they still exist and keeps faith.
Pack Leader
Liege
Shaman/Healer
Shaman for the Dusk Clan, and Healer for the Dawn Clan
Savants
They teach the Apprentices
"THE WORKING CLASS"
This counts from anything other physical roles, such as
gatherer, hunter, sentinel, pupsitters, scout,,, etc.
anything that you seem fitting!
Apprentice
Yearling Xholis
Pups

To obtain an apprentice Xholi, you must bond 2 Xholis and wait until the Xholi pup grows into a yearling.
(There will be a separate thread regarding more about this process, but will not be made until nursery is also set up)
Once your pup becomes a yearling, you may choose a possible job and become an Apprentice.
After a month, you may choose to allow the Xholi to fully become a member of the pack.

Promotion to any ranks higher than the Working Class is only possible through adoption of premade adopts, through events, or RP sessions that will also come in the near future.

BONDING

Because of Xholi's lack of gender / importance of sex, "mating" technically isn't the correct terminology.
When 2 Xholis feel that they are ready for their own pups, they go into a meditation mode and fuse their gem's energy with one another. This fusion process creates chunk of raw gems that will soon become the pups. They take these gem pieces to the Healer or the Shaman. They infuse the last bit of magic that's needed for their growth and leaves them in the den overnight. In the morning, the Healer/Shaman brings out the newborn pups to its parents.

HOW BONDING SHOULD WORK
Dawn Dunia Xholi = Dawn Dunia Xholi ~ COMMON (same pack, same clan)
Dawn Dunia Xhoil = Dawn Maji Xholi ~ RARE (different pack, same clan)
Dawn Dunia Xholi = Dusk Maji Xholi ~ Against Xholi Customs. (different clan)

ELEMENTS
w.i.p
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:57 am, edited 8 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: X H O L I S [do not post]

Postby Akami-chan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 am

yas
ImageImageImageImage
Akami-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: X H O L I S by winter

Postby luno » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:15 am

*Cough,* Mark, *Cough.*
luno

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T r i n i t y . » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 am

MARKKKK
W I P
You may call me Nicole, patches, or just Trinity.
Sorry if I am slow with adoptables, trades, or commissions. I'm going to be very
busy for a little while so I can only get on to check up for a little bit each day.

ImageImageImageImage
T r i n i t y .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:31 am

The artwork is stunning!