Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

stardust guardians ★ seeking artists! by Kirarya

Based on Click to view
Artist Kirarya [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

stardust guardians ★ seeking artists!

Postby Kirarya » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:47 am

_ s t a r d u s t _ g u a r d i a n s _
i almost decided to call them guardians of the galaxy OTL
★ archive ★ nursery ★ customs ★ fanclub ★

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ w h a t _ i s _ a _ s t a r d u s t _ g u a r d i a n ? _ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

stardust guardians, universally known as just 'guardians' are, in the cheesiest sense of the phrase,
guardians of the galaxy. they traverse the universe to maintain peace and order for all of its beings.
each guardian is born from a star and carries the essence of that star with it for the rest of its life.
based on what little human research there is of these magnificent creatures, the average guardian
ranges in size from a tiger to a horse, but will continue to grow the older it gets. there is no physical
distinction between male and female guardians; although each guardian may identify with a gender,
they are born sexless.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ r e g u l a t i o n s_ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ one ★
do not ask to become a staff member. i will open the applications when i am looking for new staff.

★ t w o ★
be respectful to all members of this community whether they are staff or just another user looking to
adopt. if you have any issue you would like to discuss, please pm either a moderator or myself and we
will try to handle it.

★ t h r e e ★
try not spam this thread. this space is precious. we don't want to have to start a new one.

★ f o u r ★
you may currently own up to six guardians including customs, event releases, nursery adoptions, etc.
permanent staff may own up to eight.

★ f i v e ★
customs will likely never be availble outside of events, so please do not ask.

★ s i x ★
you may not resell or readopt your guardian yourself. if you no longer want it, please ask the original
artist to put it up for readoption. if the original artist is no longer available or does not have the time,
feel free to ask me. gifting guardians is also an option, but must be approved by me first.

★ s e v e n ★
please read and follow the species information if you are interested in adopting! to be eligible to adopt
a guardian you must first mark the main thread!

★ e i g h t ★
lastly, don't forget to have fun! if you have any questions don't be hesitant to pm me. i will attempt to
reply as promtly as i can. ♥
Last edited by Kirarya on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:56 am, edited 8 times in total.
Kirarya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stardust guardians ★ about the species

Postby Kirarya » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:47 am

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ s p e c i e s_ i n f o r m a t i o n _ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ r a n k s ★
in their society, the number of wings a guardian has indicates their rank. there are four ranks:
messenger, cherub, seraph, and archangel. they have two, four, six, and eight wings respectively.
the first set of wings is actually their ears, which are not capable of flight; thus, messengers cannot
fly. the archtype rank is reserved only for royalty. royals are capable of travelling through time as
well as space; however this ability is used rarely and only in dire circumstances to prevent a disruption
in the flow of time. note that although guardians are born into certain ranks, their statuses can change
due to events and guardians may grow or lose wings throughout their life span.

★ p h y s i c a l i t y ★
physical features of stardust guardians include a feathery mane that runs down their spine to the base
of the tail, as well as feathery tufts along their limbs. they can have virtually any type of tail though
the standard seems to be long and skinny with tufts of feathers at the end, most likely used as a rudder
during flight. scattered across a guardian's body are stardust crystals. these crystals are created from
solidified stardust that collect on them as they traverse the universe. all guardians form these crystals
around the ridges of their eyes, but they are also commonly found across the shoulders, flank, paws,
and tails. the older the guardian is, the more stardust crystals will have formed on its body.

★ l i f e s p a n ★
guardians are born when a star forms. a part of each star crystalises and embeds itself in the chest
of the guardian; this becomes what is referred to as the central stardust crystal. this crystal is the
source of the guardian's life energy and they can grow to be millions to billions of years old. they die
when their central stardust crystal cracks and eventually shatters, which only happens as a result of
physical force. due to the nature of their conception, it is rare for twins to be born. identical twins
will never occur as the same combination of stardust is next to impossible to obtain. aside from
providing life energy, the central stardust crystal also produces an 'essence' which the guardian can
expel like fire if it feels threatened. the colour of the central stardust crystal indicates the colour and
element of their essence. although all essences behave like fire, their elements can vary. for example,
an ice essence will burn like fire, but probably appear blue and feel cool to the touch.

★ c o m m u n i c a t i o n ★
because their ears are covered with fluffy feathers they cannot hear well, guardians do not communicate
with other beings vocally. instead they use telepathy and can read the thoughts of other beings whether
those beings would like them to or not. still they can create some sounds that are merely emotive, such
as high pitched clicking noises when they feel threatened and low purring-like sounds when content.
each guardian has a wide variety of sounds it can produce, and are capable of learning and mimicking the
sounds of other beings it encounters.

★ v i s i o s p a t i a l n e s s ★
guardian's eyes can be all sorts of different colours, and the pupils can be literally any shape. they do not
generally use their eyes as their eyesight is poor at best, and it's not much use in the depths of space. to
make up for their lack of sensory information, they have developed long whiskers that stem from near
their eyes and usually grow to be longer than their bodies. these whiskers can pick up any ripples in space
from hundreds of thousands of miles away to help them navigate and essentially 'see' what is around them.
similarly, the whiskers of royals can also pick up ripples in time.

★ r e p r o d u c t i o n ★
because stardust guardians are born sexless, any gender combination is able to breed. guardians do not
have to be mated to breed and may chose to couple with several other guardians. in order to conceive
offspring, adult guardians must first create a star. they do so by essentially herding stardust and other
cosmic matter into a ball; certain types of matter have specifically qualities that will show an influence in
the child's creation such as what rank the child is born as. the parents then begin to fly quickly around the
matter which causes it to spin. once it reaches high enough speeds, the matter will solidify and a guardian
will be born. because creating a star is such a daunting task, parents will often choose to produce just one
child during any given breeding.

★ d i e t ★
i have no clue x3

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ h i s t o r y ? _ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

there exists many pieces of legend and lore that revolve around these creatures.
details coming soon!
Last edited by Kirarya on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirarya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stardust guardians ★ about the staff

Postby Kirarya » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:48 am

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ s t a f f _ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ o w n e r ★
Kirarya

★ a r c h i v i s t ★
may make one custom of any rank
BrightHeaven

★ m o d e r a t o r s ★
may make one custom of any rank besides archangel
BrightHeaven
Peachpie1164
TrysAnna
dalmatian.

★ a r t i s t s ★
may make two customs of any rank; only one may be archangel
must make one design every two weeks
Kirarya

★ g u e s t a r t i s t s ★
may make five designs; two messenger, two cherub, one seraph
may make one custom of any rank besides archangel
may be promoted to permanent artist based on designs
open
poptart.
stuck in your radio.
dannys77

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ a p p l i c a t i o n s _ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ m o d e r a t o r s ★
applications are currently closed
Code: Select all
[center][size=120]★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ [color=transparent]_[/color] n e w [color=transparent]_[/color] r e c r u i t [color=transparent]_[/color] ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★[/size]
[size=85]★ moderator application ★[/size][/center]
[size=85]★ username? ★[/size]
[size=85]★ experience? ★[/size]
[size=85]★ how active are you? ★[/size]
[size=85]★ a user complains that an artists was unfair in judging. what do you do? ★[/size]
[size=85]★ a user complains that guardians are a copy of their species. what do you do? ★[/size]

★ g u e s t a r t i s t s ★
if you are interested in being a guest artist for this species, fill out the form below!
[center][size=120]★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ [color=transparent]_[/color] n e w [color=transparent]_[/color] r e c r u i t [color=transparent]_[/color] ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★[/size]
[size=85]★ guest artist application ★[/size][/center]
[size=85]★ username? ★[/size]
[size=85]★ experience? ★[/size]
[size=85]★ how active are you? ★[/size]
[size=85]★ examples? ★[/size]
[size=85]★ interested in being a permanent artist? ★[/size]
Last edited by Kirarya on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kirarya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stardust guardians ★ business

Postby Kirarya » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:48 am

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ e v e n t s _ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

none at the moment. however stay tuned for a custom guardian
advertisement raffle coming soon!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ s u p p o r t _ u s _ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

help spread awareness of our little adoption center by placing this stamp
around the forums or in your signature!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2473536][img]http://i.imgur.com/U9Q5VMq.png[/img][/url]

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ a f f i l i a t e s _ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not currently seeking.
Last edited by Kirarya on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kirarya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

and open!

Postby Kirarya » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:49 am

open for posting! nwn

seeking halloween items! trade?

ask!cavelingsdoelingspostas
sourcepermissioncoding
Kirarya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: stardust guardians ★ coming soon!

Postby Travis » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:52 am

these are beautiful! uvu
marking

𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝-𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 x BIO ART BWS x 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐙𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐒
𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞'𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫-𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 x Just some silly guy! x ═══════════════════════════════
𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 x PMs ok for whateva x ◦◦ 𝐘𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐎𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐘𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐘𝐑 𝐒𝐌𝐑𝐓 ◦◦

xxImage xxxlx Image
Travis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: stardust guardians ★ coming soon!

Postby Arrows » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:43 am

Marking for sure <3
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

get the ball rollin~

Postby Kirarya » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:20 pm

moderator and guest artist applications are now open! because this is a new
species i'll be looking for just a handful, but everyone is encouraged to apply! <3

seeking halloween items! trade?

ask!cavelingsdoelingspostas
sourcepermissioncoding
Kirarya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: stardust guardians ★ applications open!

Postby xFrizzySmoothiex » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:45 pm

Marking! They are so cool *^*
xFrizzySmoothiex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: stardust guardians ★ applications open!

Postby Peachpie1164 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:57 pm

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ _ n e w _ r e c r u i t _ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
★ moderator application ★

★ username? ★ Peachpie1164
★ experience? ★ Yes with; Pan'ciels, Epsilon, Fennec Dragons, Mini Kitts, Winged Wolf Adopts (This died), Blobbys, Deerbbits and also with Kitsunemashi But the species closed very quickly.
★ how active are you? ★ Anywhere from 2-15 hours a day (sometimes longer... depends if I'm at school/ if we've used all our wifi xD
★ a user complains that an artists was unfair in judging. what do you do? ★ Calmly ask them what they found unfair, and then explain how it is not/ if it is not, but if it is unfair nicely tell the artist what was found to be unfair.
★ a user complains that guardians are a copy of their species. what do you do? ★ Ask them to show the species they say its a copy of, then show them the many ways this species is not.
Hello~ I'm Peachpie1164~
Feel free to call me, Peach/y, Tao,
or anything else. My PM's are
always open and I'm always up for
a chat~
Peachpie1164

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups