Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tigrovaya Akulas | Open by valsefer

Artist valsefer [gallery]
Time spent 14 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 22
58 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tigrovaya Akulas | Open

Postby valsefer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Tigrovaya Akulas. Akula for short.

The Akulas are a fast evolving feline like creature, found in the North Pole and several nearby countries. They are a very proud and territorial animal and are well known for their superior hunting abilities and different body and tail types.
The largest of Akulas known is as big as 10 feet long and weighed roughly 550 lbs, the smallest being around 4 feet long and weighing around 150 lbs, the average size is 6 feet long and 300lbs. Akulas are hard to domesticate and don't trust easily but once domesticated they make wonderful guard animals and are very protective creatures.

Index wrote:Founder;;
  • Rthe

Artists;;
  • valsefer
  • PurpleKakashi
  • Caeneus

Guest Artists;;
  • Open Applications.

MODs;;
  • Chibi

Archivist;;
  • PurpleKakashi
Last edited by valsefer on Fri May 09, 2014 5:56 am, edited 15 times in total.
valsefer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules.

Postby valsefer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:43 pm

These Are The Main Rules.
If these rules are broken you may get a warning, multiple warnings will get you banned.

◁ Do Not claim this species/ideas as yours.
    ◁ No Fighting/Whining/Complaing.
    ◁ No Spamming.
    ◁ Fill out the forms to completion.
    ◁ You may own as many as you like.
    ------You may only 3 adopt 2 every week)
    ◁ Akulas may be gifted, but it
    must be approved by the artist.
    ◁ If you no longer want your Akula he/she
    will be put out for re-adoption, or you can
    give it to a friend.

------This must be approved by Rthe, Caeneus,
    ------Valsefer or PurpleKakashi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Artists Rules.
Do not ask to be on Staff, unless it is posted we are seeking help.

◁ Any line edits must be approved
------by a main artist before posting.
◁ All designs must be approved by Rthe.
◁ Guest Artists will have 1 month.
------Giving you 2 designs.
◁ G.A. will not receive a customs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stamps.
Please support and help us grow!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2216612][img]http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr10/purple_kakashi/Random/The%20Axis/akulastamp_zps7c1e0bc3.gif?t=1393637207[/img][/url]
Last edited by valsefer on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
valsefer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Info

Postby valsefer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:44 pm

The Basics.
Plural; Akulas.

Akula have large paws, they have webbed feet that allow them to swim as fast as they run on land. All Akula are born with retractable claws that are hooked and sharp enough to cut though whale blubber in one swipe. They have strong muscled limbs to power them through deep water and and high snow. Their bodies are covered in two layers of thick fur, the under layer is soft yet thick to keep their body isolated in the freezing cold. While the other coat of fur is coarse and is for repelling water. The fur color ranges and varies from every Akula, however there colors generally stay close to those we see in nature, they can also be found with all sorts of different markings. Their facial structure and neck is very similar to that of a Lynx, they can be found with tufted ears or simple ears. The eyes of every Akula are different and can be any color, the eyes of an Akula are very telling about how it will behave and possibly it's intentions.

There are two different types of Akulas. Lev, that dwell on land only and Vod, that live primarily in or very near water. The Lev are a breed of the species that evolved to live on land, they lost the shark tail that the Vod breed have and gained a tails that are very similar to other big cats. The reason why is not know, but it is suspected that it's because human invasion in the water the Lev lived in that cause the adaptation. The Vod on the other hand have very powerful shark like tails that power them through water and can be used as a weapon if need be.

Food & Hunting.

Akulas are carnivorous mainly eat and crave raw meat or fish. They will kill and eat almost any animal that is smaller than them and if they are hungry will take on larger pray. Mainly Akulas hunt in packs though to assure the safety of their fellows and the ability to take down much larger pray, than they would be able to on their own.
Last edited by valsefer on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valsefer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events & Affiliates

Postby Valesfer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Events.

Affiliates.
To become an affiliate please message valsefer.
    ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Valesfer on Fri May 09, 2014 6:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Valesfer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding

Postby PurpleKakashi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Breeding
To bread Akula you will need to go to the Nursery, this is information on breeding and mating.

Unlike most Akulas do not pay much mind to gender, as they are able to mate and breed within their sex as well as mating with the opposite sex. However like most animals they try to mate for life, it is not unheard of for an Akula to take up to two mates in their life time, but they are only able to produce two litters of kits. If an Akula looses two mates, for whatever reason, it will no longer seek a mate at all and will not be able to have kits.

To breed Akulas both owners must ok the process and the Akula must have been mated for more than two weeks. It is not recommended to breed your Akula after you first receive him or her, as they become extremely protective of their young and will form a very strong family unit. They are likely to kill if they feel even the smallest amount of threat toward their young kit or kits.

Akula are Pride seeking creatures, they want a family unit or a group of well trusted group of their own kind. Once an Akula find a suitable mate and the two get along, they are likely to produce a litter of one to two kits. The likely hood of getting twins is a 60% chance, if an Akula is a rare type there is a 20% chance it will pass it's rarity to it's kit or kits.
Last edited by PurpleKakashi on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Story

Postby Caeneus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:49 pm

The Akulas are proud.

The Akulas are strong

The Akulas are mortal......

That was not always the case, once upon a time long long ago they walked among the gods. They were immortal.
Masters of magic and the best hunters in the heavens, but in their success they grew cold to other animals, and began to believe themselves superior.

So she took it all away. The Goddess Adrasteia.

She saw what the Akulas would become if they weren't shown the error of their ways. So she took away their magic and their immortality, telling them that until they proved their worthiness they would be cast from the heavens and onto Earth, with the only things marking them as different from other beasts being their remarkably fast evolution to match their environment and hunting skills.

In modern day the Akulas are mostly wild animals, traveling and hunting in prides, although most are wild there are some domesticated Akulas, they make loyal guard animals but do not easily trust humans. Akulas are from the North Pole, however they are also found in Russia, Greenland, Northern Canada, Alaska,Iceland and Dutch land.
Last edited by Caeneus on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caeneus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Open!

Postby valsefer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Posting is now Open.

We will be posting adoptables tomorrow morning. For now, please read the above posts and be ready to adopt.

Applications for Guest Artists, MODs, and Archivist are Open
For MODs
Code: Select all
Username:
Experience: [Not Required]
Why do you want to be a MOD:
Did you read the rules?:
Last edited by valsefer on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
valsefer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tigrovaya Akulas | Open

Postby PurpleKakashi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 am

No love for the main page? Wut?? ;n;

Would love to see some applications too~~<3

I haven't been active on CS in years,
probably more.
If you want to get a hold of me message
me on deviantart.
My commissions are open on dA!

<3 <3 <3
PurpleKakashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:13 am

-rolls on the lovelies-
i may apply for mod c:
<3
༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ toyhouse ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
my uncomfortable habits <3
[🐰] [🐭] [🌹]
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhantomHawk » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Ooo, fluffy AND floaty! Might have to keep an eye on these!!!
Image ImageImage
If you have any questions, pm me!
PhantomHawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me