Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Nukitta Adopts by Lilian Nightshade

Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 22 hours, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
275 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Nukitta Adopts

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:33 am

Well, iAmDiversity, Amigogirl, moonlight_girl and I decided to create a species together, and since we all think that cervines should be more appreciated, we came up with these ^^.

Nukittas are cervine creatures very known for their elegance, silky mane and varied coats. They live in a world called Ávora, inhabitting the dense forests surrounding mountain bases and often moving in herds. Although they do live next to mountains, they avoid climbing too far up in fear of being exposed to predators like big felines or even dragons. Regarding their society, nukittas are very social and expressive creatures, always communicating with each other through a series of tail gestures and sounds, but they are also very timid and avoid proximity with humans at all costs. Their sharp hearing, in fact, helps a lot on keeping distance from them. Nukittas may also use their tail to intimidate threats by curling it on their back, which makes their body look much bigger than the predator's.

Besides the long, fluffy tail, what mostly distinguishes this species from other cervines are their mane and feathering. Their mane curiously starts short and rigid(the “upper mane”) and then grows longer and silkier the closer it gets to the shoulders(the “lower mane”). The feathering of a nukitta, unlike a horse's, is composed of very rigid hairs which are similar to those forming the upper mane, only having a softer texture around the cloven hooves.

Another very notable characteristic of this species is the existence of two body types:

Runner - Is the most common breed of Nukitta, and also the most agile. They got a slender and light body which makes them adept at running in high speed through thick vegetation. Runners grow to between 105-115 cm in height.

Marcher - Is more uncommon than the runner in the wild, but very popular in domesticated populations. Their body is bulkier and bigger than the Runner, and they tend to grow slightly longer fur. Marchers are believed to originate from herds living on higher altitude in the mountains, and grow between 130-140 cm in height.

The size comparison above feature both a runner and a marcher female with the tallest heights of each breed

Even with the nukittas managing to avoid human contact very well, it’s still not impossible to find one in the wild. With this and the fact they are usually very peaceful, docile animals, it’s not unusual to see domesticated nukittas in villages near those forests. They are raised in small farms for their rich milk as well as to pull carts, specially the marcher type.

-Females have longer lower mane than males.
-A baby nukitta is called nuglet.
-They emit a sound similar to a zebra’s.
-The official measuring system for nukittas is the metric one. Just like with horses, their height is measured only from the hooves to their shoulders, only in centimeters instead of hands.

Nukittas may exhibit any horse coat, but they also have three patterns specific to their species:

Image Image Image

Bengal: Markings composed of spots and stripes mixed together resembling the pattern of a marble bengal cat’s. They never reach the head or cover the legs and are of a darker tone of the base color.

Brindling: Thin stripes that either cover the whole body or just specific parts of it. In most cases the color is a darker tone of the base coat, but there are times it can be a lighter tone instead due to environment influence or even genetic anomalies.

Freckled Layer: It is common for the layers tobiano, splash and overo to develop tiny spots on certain areas. On some individuals these spots are very dominant giving their coat a freckled appearance.

-You may try for various adoptables, but you can only win one per day.

-Just like with any adoptable species, you’ll have to fulfill a form provided by the artist to try for a design. The adoption methods can vary a lot, so you'll have to read the description before aplying.

-There are no limits on how many nukittas you can own, we consider the selection done by the artists during the adoption contests enough for a good ownership organization.

-Nukittas are only breedable 2 weeks after their adoption and they have four breeding slots each.

-Even if nukittas mostly prefer to have a partner of the same type, breedings between a marcher and a runner aren’t unusual. In these cases, though, the nuglet has a 80% chance of being born a runner(only probably slightly taller than normal) since the marcher type is more uncommon.

-In case one or both nukittas you plan to breed aren’t yours, you’ll have to ask for the owners’ permission and show it to the artist you want to order the breeding from as a quote. You can only order when the artist publicly announces they are open for it.

-Stem Cell breedings are not a possibility.

-Concerning Twins: when both owners of the couple order separate breedings in the same breeding round, each parent will have two breeding slots taken and the nuglets will be considered twins. This can only happen once per couple, though.

- Do not claim the species or erase the signatures

- Do not ask for a custom or suggest patterns in the thread.

- Do not ask for artist contests, we will only start one if we believe it's needed.

- Forms are allowed to be edited as long as they follow the artist's guidelines.

- Nukittas can not be sold or gifted away, neither traded with other users. In case you no longer have interest in one, you can contact one of the mods and ask for a readoption.

- You are not allowed to have your nukitta characters' designs moved to a different species, unless clear permission from the designs artists is given.

Failure to follow these rules might result in a warning, or even a ban, depending on the severity of the rule broken.
Forms breaking the artists guidelines in a competition will never receive a warning.
It will however be automatically disqualified and not looked at during judging.

If you have a question about the rules, or anything in general, don't hesitate to ask on the Nukitta Official Thread or send a pm if you prefer to ask in private!

And as a final note:

Nukittas are created as feral animals and are meant to stay this way. Therefore, if you're looking for an adoptable species where you can adopt sparkle - or rainbow colored - designs, give your characters anthro/human forms, dress them up, have them actually have jobs and a urban social life, give them complicated sexualities to make them as "unique" as possible to compete with others, or make them go shopping on a blue mercedes... then we suggest you to look for another species.

Nukittas live and act like an animal and we take this very seriously. Their designs are realistic in nature, with the artists even basing on real genetics to plan them up. They don't think about neither grasp the concept of sexuality other than the existence of two genders, male and female. They don’t carry any form of accessory on their bodies unless domesticated by an human owner. Note that they also live in a medieval-like setting, which means no modern technology around.

Artists:
Amigogirl
Lilian Nightshade
iAmDiversity
moonlight_girl

Mods:
Mr.Milo
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:27 am, edited 26 times in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nukitta Adopts(Opening Soon!)

Postby moonlight_girl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:35 am

yey!
Finaly .3.
Designs that are made by me or
bought from me can NOT be sold or traded!
If you nolonger want the character
that was made by me, just send me a
pm and return it!
Art thefts are not tolerated!
Read over these before ordering a design
from me;
http://sta.sh/0luvu15wu4e

•My DAM's• •My Nukitta's• •Art shop!•
•My plumie's• •Ask me!•
    Having a hard time right now, I will work on art as fast as I can..
moonlight_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mr.Milo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:35 am

Oh these look wonderful Night you did a great job on them!
My Loves

Image Image
ImageImage

Hello, my name is Mr.Milo but you can
call me Milo!^^
Signature art by me!

Join.Me: Offline
DeviantArt: Aasmus
Mr.Milo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iAmDiversity » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:37 am

Amazing lines and it will be exciting to see how this goes, hugs to the whole team :3
Looking for any eggs
or chameleons from
this litter!
Pet's name: Moon Moon
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:36 am

This is amazing, Lilian. I can't wait to see more from you and the gang. <3
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~
Lithions + Ophyals for sale
quit CS, contact me on dA

Signature art by LostGosling

CharactersAdopted Critters
OphyalsCepheus HoundsCretoz Unicorns

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:57 am

FOREVER NUG
I WANNA BE
FOREVER NUG
*pokes Lilian endlessly*

I can't wait for these. XD
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burn. » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Reserve these are gorgeous <<<3333
Burn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Hard Reserve<333

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm

Reserve, they are stunning creatures.

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER
▬ // OF HIS \\ ▬

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

ImageImage
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Marking for sure.
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline