Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kiamara Adopts - Closed by palmsprout

Based on Click to view
Artist palmsprout [gallery]
Time spent 12 hours, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 28
830 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kiamara Adopts - Closed

Postby palmsprout » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:26 pm

| Nursery | Fanclub | FanForum | Love Letters | Archive |

What is a Kiamara?
A Kiamara is a wolf-like creature. They have long, fluffy manes on the top of their heads, running down between their shoulders. They all have spots on their bodies- a trait in which will never be bred out of their DNA. They also have feathers- every Kiamara is given feathers when they reach the age of 2 years old. Their diet consists of fruit as well as meat- they prey on similar creatures that wolves would. Kiamara can be very shy before they get to know you. Can you win a Kiamara's heart?

Rules
- Give all Kiamara staff and owners your full respect at all times.
- Do not steal anyone else's Kiamara.
- Do not ask to become a mod, artist, guest artist, or any kind of staff.
- You may not have a custom Kiamara. They are reserved for my staff.
- Do not mini mod, I have moderators.
- Do not beg/whine/ask for owned or unowned kiamaras.
- Do not bribe any staff or Kiamara owners to get anything Kiamara related.
- You may only own 5 Kiamaras.
- Kiamaras can NOT be fursonas.
- You may NOT sell a Kiamara for pets/money/any type of currency.
- If someone has created Kiamara gift lines, you may NOT color them in for a competition entry. Owned Kiamaras ONLY.
- Only one person may own a kiamara. There is no co-owning.
- If you are banned from this adopt we reserve the right to revoke and re-adopt your Kiamaras depending on the nature of the ban.
- As a banned member you cannot gift, share, or post anything Kiamara related or post in any Kiamara forum. This includes offsite and character sites.

Growth Rules
- 1 months between each stage.
- The months start counting from the day you OWN a kiamara, not when it was created.
- It is preferred that you ask the artist to grow your kiamara. If the person is no longer an artist, or was a GA, you may ask another artist. If you really feel you could grow it yourself, ask me.

Re-Adoption Rules
- If you do not wish to own a Kiamara anymore, PM the artist and they will put it up for adoption again.
- You MAY gift your Kiamara to another user, but you NEED permission before doing so! Ask me, Apple.
- I, Apple, can reject a gifting of a Kiamara for any reason.
- Gifting a Kiamara without permission my result in a BAN and having the Kiamara being taken away.
- You may not give any runners up for re-adoptions.

Revamp Rules
NO REVAMPS at the moment. This rule may change in the future

General Sizes
Baby - House Cat Size
Child - Labrador Dog Size
Adult - Small Mountain Lion Size

About Kiamaras

Spots
- All Kiamara have spots. No living Kiamara has, and ever will have no spots. Rarely you will find a Kiamara with more or less than usual, but NEVER with none.

Feathers
- Generally, a Kiamara has 1-5 feathers. Sometimes you may see more. The only Kiamaras that don't have feathers are PPS.
- Feathers can come in almost any color(s).
-When a Kiamara comes to the age of 2 years old, they get their feathers. Sometimes they are passed down from generation to generation, sometimes their parents find specific feathers for their children, and other time the kiamara may find the feathers themselves.

Horns
ImageImageImageImage
- There are 3 common horn types in Kiamaras. Long, short, and curled/ram. Many Kiamara do not have horns, though.
- Sometimes a Kiamara is born with abnormal/unique horns. It is EXTREMELY rare though.

Hair
- Hair edits are usually a rare occurrence. To have slightly longer or shorter hair is less uncommon occurrence than completely different hair though.
- If you adopt a child kiamara, you may NOT edit the hair when it grows.
- You may not edit your kiamara's hair after you win.
- Some people get permission from me before editing their kiamara's hair. Usually these are special circumstances, or the kiamara belongs to a staff member. Please do not ask.
- If a baby kiamara is adopted with hair edits, it WILL have hair edits as it grows.

PPS - Permanent Puppy Syndrom
- Every once in a while, a Kiamara is born lacking a specific part of their brain to make them grow. This has almost no effect on the brain- except it also causes the Kiamara to be immature like a child their entire life, matching their body size.
- PPS can develope in teens, keeping a kiamara stuck in the middle.
- PPS Kiamara do not grow horns
- If a Kiamara is PPS, it will never get feathers. Adult Kiamara do not see PPS ever deeming worthy of the feathers, as their brain simply is not fully developed.
- Some PPS that were made when Kiamaras first were released do have horns and/or feathers. They are special exceptions.

Other
- It is rare to have a Kiamara with less hair than normal, but even more rare to have one with more than the general amount of hair.
- Kiamara paw pads and tongues are usually the same color as their eyes.
- Kiamara diets consist of fruits, as well as similar prey that wolves hunt.
- Kiamara occasionally have added accessories besides feathers, but not too often.
- Kiamara mate for life, but they sometimes have 'relationship problems' before they are true mates, and may choose someone new.
- Each Kiamara litter has 1-2 pups in it.
- Baby Kiamara have small spots, they get bigger as they age.
- Kiamara are born with very small manes, and that too grows as they age.

Staff

Owner
Apple

Artists
bonk
Tealea
Wind Song
WhiteFire Raven
Transmute
Chim
Talon
Viscus

Moderators
Lady Masquerade
Mordacious
Tano
PolarAzulTigris
{ .Lady Kat. }

Nursery Artists
All official artists who want to
Syra
Pine.
Patches101
Ninai

Guest Artists
Foul
DreamerDaWolf
Lilybug97
TheOakTree

Code: Select all
[center]I'm applying for Guest Artist![/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Gallery:[/b] (Can be on CS, dA, or anywhere else)
[b]Do you own a tablet:[/b] (Don't worry if you don't, I just want to know.)
[b]How soon can you make your first Kiamara if you are chosen:[/b]

Guest Artist Applications are CLOSED!!

Guest artist forms close when I say so. I will choose (typically) 2 guest artists at a time, and you will receive a PM from me with all the information you need to know.
If you are a guest artist, you are allowed to create 2 Kiamaras.

Strikes
These users have a strike or strikes.
Jetti
☆ ƒσяgσттєη ѕσυʟ ☆
black_wolf_
Sketchi Tunes
Ray.
vocal

PureCrazy

Banned
♥ Sweetypie ♥
Pilots
Paper-Thorn
Marriel
Beastlyhobbit
YourBlondeHomie
doodles;

Affiliates
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not accepting new affiliates right now! Im sorry, apple is just a little too busy.
Last edited by palmsprout on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 163 times in total.
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Kiamara Archive

Postby palmsprout » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:26 pm

The Kiamara Archive
You can find the complete Kiamara Archive HERE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to support Kiamaras? You can put a stamp in your signature!
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1327458#p39125456][IMG]http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p550/mangoblossomapple/kiamarastamp-1_zps7d5a56d4.png[/IMG][/url]

Old stamps can be found HERE

Last edited by palmsprout on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:55 am, edited 14 times in total.
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby palmsprout » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Q: How do I adopt a Kiamara?
A: If you are interested in adopting a Kiamara, there are many up for adoption at a given time. To find out which are up for adoption, you may browse through them above, or you can visit the Archives where they are listed. To adopt a Kia, you must fill out the form and comply with all rules listed by the artist in the first post below the individual Kiamara.

Q: How many Kiamaras can I apply for?
A: There is no limit on the number of Kiamara you apply for at a given time, though we suggest you limit yourself to a few so that you can focus on them. However, if you win a Kiamara and reach your 4 Kia max, you must drop out of all other adoptions, and are not permitted to own any other Kiamaras, unless you put one of yours up for re-adoption.

Q: Can I have/make a custom?
A: Customs are given only to staff members. No amount of begging or bribing will change this fact.

Q: Can a PPS Kiamara have a mate/bf/gf?
A: PPS Kiamaras have the mentality of children, and therefore are not likely to develop any relationships aside from friendships and crushes. They are not permitted to seriously date, nor may they have mates.

Q: Can I add items to my Kia?
A: Upon adopting a Kiamara, owners are permitted to add a few minor accessories to their Kiamara, with the artists’ approval. Minor accessories would include a small necklace, bracelet, or perhaps flower. Clothing and major edits (hair, eyes, etc.) are not permitted.

Q: Can I ask two people to breed their Kiamaras so I can have the baby?
A: Asking a friend, or stranger, to breed their Kiamaras with another so that you may have the child is not permitted. Kiamaras mate once, and we discourage people from mating their Kiamaras solely for the purpose of breeding.

Q: If I win a Kiamara, do I get to keep all of the art used in forms?
A: If art is included in an adoption process, art does not automatically belong to the winner. Permission must be given voluntarily by the artist and/or art purchaser for the new owner to use the art.

Q: Will a runner-up Kiamara be given in ______ adoption?
A: Runner-Ups are given only by regular artists in adoptions in which they have trouble deciding between forms and/or believe more than one individual is deserving of the Kiamara. RUs are generally designed to be similar to the initial design, but will have variation. Do not ask an artist if there will be RUs, nor should you beg for one. If they believe someone is deserving of one, they will grant one.

Q: How do I grow my child Kiamara?
A: For children Kiamara, once your Kia has reached the adult age (after four months of ownership), please speak with the original artist about “growing” your Kia on the adult lines. If they are busy you may request another artist do it for you.

Q: How does a Kiamara get their feathers?
A: Kiamara feathers may be obtained in any number of ways, and are not required to have come from a Kiamara’s “parents”. Some Kiamara may simply find their feathers themselves, while others may be given them for doing something important.

Q: Can I change my Kia's design/hair?
A: Once you own a Kiamara you are absolutely not permitted to revamp the design, nor make any line edits (which includes hair/mane). The only exception to this is customs, and if you are given permission from both the artist as well as an admin.

Q: Can my Kiamara be ______'s pet?
A: Kiamaras are not allowed to be pets, but they are permitted to have pets (bird, snake, fish, etc.)

Q: What color is a Kiamara's paw pad/tongue?
A: Generally Kiamara paw pads and tongues will be the same color as the eyes. But of course some people can choose other colors, as long as they aren't too ridiculous (ie bright green paws and tongue on a black Kiamara with orange eyes).

Q: When are special Kiamaras released?
A: Every 50th Kiamara has custom lines/edits while every 100th Kiamara is done specifically by Apple and has completely unique lines.

Q: Do Kiamaras live in groups?
A: Kiamaras live in packs or alone. Packs range from 3-15, and do not include babies in that number.

Q: Can two Kiamara have the same name?
A: Kiamaras usually may not have the same name. Variations are fine, but no Kiamara may have the exact same name as another. All owned Kiamaras are listed in the Archives, you can go there and CTRL + F a name to see if it has been taken.
There are times though, if there is a certain name that you just desperately see your kiamara with no other name, but it is taken, you may ask the owner of the kia with the name you want. If they say yes, just let Tano know with proof of the yes, and you are all set! If they say no, then I'm afraid you are out of luck.
Last edited by palmsprout on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 11 times in total.
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara Adopts - By Apple

Postby 4kcuo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:50 pm

stalking ;-; amazing idea<3

EDIT;

I'm applying for Guest Artist!

Username: Arachnid
    Gallery: -> Right There
    Do you own a tablet: No, sorry.
Last edited by 4kcuo on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
with school in full swing i'm likely going to be mobile-only except on weekends, sorry guys!!

[ da ] [ tumblr ] [ toyhou.se ]
you can call me cuo if you'd like!
i love to draw!! & i adore art trades! hmu
4kcuo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sea » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Username:
~Casey~

Gallery:
Can't link right now but will update soon ;)

Do you own a tablet:
Yes I do (:
Also how long will we be guest artists?
Last edited by .sea on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.sea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icefire0201 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Username: icefire0201
Gallery: (Can be on CS, dA, or anywhere else) you can look on here but I am better kinda maybe i dont know XD
Do you own a tablet: (Don't worry if you don't, I just want to know.) I do but I lost the pen so for now mouse
Also I want to adopt one really badly!!!! They are so cute!!
Image Scarlet Image Luna Image Rasberry Image Sol Image Asani
Image Boew Image Khill Image Hickory Image Berrie Image Bruno
PLEASE CLICK THEM!
icefire0201

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Username: Flowerdust
Gallery: xXx
Do you own a tablet: Yeah I just got it today
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmsprout » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Oh goodness I can't believe I forgot to mention how long guest artist time periods are.

Updated the first post. xD
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jayflight. » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Username:Jayflight
Gallery:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/oekaki/gallery.php?user=200278
Do you own a tablet:Yes,but i prefer to use the mouse.(If i use the tablet it comes out bad)
Last edited by Jayflight. on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
school has started :<
please please
pm me if I haven't
done something in months,
I've most likely forgotten!! ;v;

JBD Thread
Vaiki Thread
Jayflight.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KingTulip » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Username:
TulipIsTheLionKing (Tulip for short=})
Gallery:
CS gallery i have a DA, though i dont really use it.
Do you own a tablet:
yes, it isnt working right. it doesnt get along with Java at all. im getting a new one around the first of the year, tho.

*Creatures rotate when you refresh =}
**Art by
TheCalicoTabby
Image Call me Tulip (he/him) ^┬^
My scroll, feel free to PM with breeding negotiations
KingTulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups