Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Adoptable Rune Dragons by Benathorn

Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 21
394 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Adoptable Rune Dragons

Postby Benathorn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

[Banner made by 37down]

Art By Jendalie

CLOSED!

TIDDLY WINKS

Rune Dragons are very special creatures that come in a variety of colors and species. Through my many travels of exploring the world, I will introduce new Runes that can be adopted to good homes with loving owners. Most Runes have talents and quirks that belong to just that one species but in the end every rune is special and unique. You will find a companion for life in these little creatures ,who are about the size of owls, and can be mainly seen perched on their owner's shoulder giving any passer by an inquisitive stare. Any Rune that I find I will be sure to inform you of and maybe one day you can own your own special Rune too.

Runes are dragons that inhabit our world of Eldamore. They can not speak but they are extremely intelligent and sociable creatures and those who own them appear to be able to know what they are saying. Many Runes are only indigenous to certain parts of the globe, but I have been traveling quite frequently and come across many findings that I write in my journal for others to view later on. There are even very special runes that we call 'Ancients', dragons who are capable of speech and very large in size, they hold immense power and dominion over certain elements and are rarely seen by others. These dragons can only be summoned by special rune stones that I rarely come across. However, these stones call out to those who are destined to befriend these giant beasts and are only found once every month. Every human has a rune dragon as a companion for most of their lives since runes are known to live as long or longer than their owners. When one bonds with you then the two are bonded for life and even a special connection is made between the owner and dragon. It is my job to pair each person with their soul rune, and I hope to achieve this goal through much exploration and findings!~Benathorn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:Rules:.

~Please do not steal or ever claim these as your own.
~You may use the Runes that you have won in signatures, stories, RP's, or just as a friend.
~When applying, you may not place the dragon in your signature. Only the owner/winner of a Rune may use the image in either their signature or avatar.
~Do not sell these!
~Fill out the forms completely for customs and payment.
~Be sure to read up on the personalities of each adoptable on their page so you can choose the one you like most.
~Do not remove from the CS website.
~Payments for customs are 2-3 wishlist pets.
~Please place adoption forms on their respective dragon's page. The main thread is for customs, breeding, news and questions only.
~Limit of 8 Grown Runes and 8 Baby Runes per person.
~You may only apply for 1 Rune at a time. If you change your mind and wish to apply of another you must pull out of any current contest you have entered. (In celebration of the holidays: For the month of December only, We are allowing everyone to apply for as many Runes as they wish!)
~Two Ancients will be released every month. These are very rare dragons that are not breedable and you may only ever own one!
~Do NOT use our ideas without permission!
~Do not make art of Runes turning into Ancients if they are not your own.
~Only owners of Ancients may request commissions being made of their already existing dragon/design. You must ask their permission to make any fan-art of it. This also goes for regular runes, do not make art of other's runes if they have not requested it or your participating in one of the judgings. You MUST have permission from the rune's owner before doing this!
~You must give credit of the Ancients/Regular Runes design to the original artist.
~If you are an artist or GA for our Rune Dragons, you must run your ideas by me first! This is to avoid two Runes being made at the same time.
~When you become an artist/GA for our runes, both me and Jendalie reserve the right to grow or turn your design into ancients if a user wins an auction or pays for breeding/growing slots.
~Do not order art of Regular Runes as Ancients. This is stealing our adoptable and will not be tolerated.
~Do not order commissions of Runes growing if they have not been grown yet. This is basically stealing our adoptable and making them your own.
~Do not make shops or sell my idea in auctions. This is stealing and only I will request a shop to be made.
~Do not make "Fake Pets" of our Runes.
~Do not request for items to be added to your dragon. We do not do this for our adoptables and only change the dragon's appearance to celebrate holidays, to which we promptly change back once they are over.
~Any form of art theft will result in a strike and reported.
~Please do not request a custom or breeding. An announcement will be made when slots are available. Do not ask or request a custom or breeding when slots are closed. (only one more custom slot will be opened. Customs will be retired after that time.)
~ You will receive a PM containing the code for your adoptable once the winner is announced or payment is received.
~If you create fan art of a rune dragon then please be sure to give proper credit to the original artists.
~Use common sense. Think before you post.
~Please be kind and show respect to the other users and artists on this thread. Any arguing will be reported as spam and either a warning or strike will be given depending on the situation.
~Bullying or harassment of other members in the Rune Dragon community will NOT be tolerated. You will be immediately reported and banned.
~If you are banned from Rune Dragons you will forfeit all Runes/Drakes/Ancient to other users who will take care of them.
~Definition of Banned: You will no longer be allowed to participate or communicate in our main thread, fan club, offsite forums, or anything that has absolutely anything to do with our Rune Dragons. This is a very sad but serious thing and it is very unfortunate when someone is banned. We always try to make sure it does not come to this.[/center]

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release. Do not make the winner feel bad because you're sore about losing.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Staff

Owner:
Benathorn
Co-owner:
Jendalie

Artists
Benathorn (Creator and Artist)
Jendalie (Co-Owner and Artist)
Ashenjay (Artist)
DracosCanine (Artist)
marululoki (Tribal Tattoo/ Artist)
SpartanAmethyst (Artist)
Verdana (Artist/Fanclub Owner)

Mods
DracosCanine
Jendalie
Skeseth
Marmoset

Guest Artist Froms:
CLOSED

Guest Spot 1: ~

Guest Spot 2: ~

Form:
Username: (Your Username goes here)
State if you have read the rules for being a guest artist: (Read the rules. We will know if you have not.)
Examples of your work:(Show links to some of your best works.)
Other:(Anything else you would like to show or state?)

Rules & Requirements For Guest Artists
~You must know how to code so that you can present the winner of your rune with their dragon.
~You must be able to make you own line edits. You will see that I do not provide those for you and that if you want to change the dragons appearance then you will have to edit it yourself.
~Understand that this is NOT a permanent position so do not ask for it to be one.
~You may only color in one Rune Dragon but be sure to have fun!
~You must state an end date for judging of your rune and a form must be placed up for others to use as well as rules.
~Rune judgings can not go over a week. This is to be fair to all users who are wishing to adopt and gives others a chance to apply.
~To be a guest artist is a privilege and you may only be a guest artist once.
~Do not complain if you do not get the position and do not ask for a full time art position.

Update to custom orders

In the future, when you order a custom you need to do three things:

1. Read the rules.

2. Fill out the form completely.The forms are there for a reason and they don't ask for much.

3. Have a clear and thought out design idea of your very own. Customs are for people who want to see a very specific design incorporated into the dragons. It's beyond frustrating to artists to have to pull ideas out of thin air. This falls under the 'Be respectful to artist' category. If you don't know what you want then how can we?

Now Closed!

Custom Lists:
Flowerdust~ Owl Rune (In Progress)
Commander Shepard~ Bubblegum Rune (In Progress)

Now Closed!

Form For Customs

Username:
(Place User name here.)
Name:
(Place Dragon's name here)
Rune Type:
(If you have a preference. If not I will keep it the same as the sketch above.)
Base Colors:
Eye Color:
Feather Colors:
Horns:
Bead Color:
(This is the bead that hangs from the horn to indicate it is owned.)
Do you wish for your dragon to be able to breed later on:
Payment:
(Payment can be sent to me threw PM.)

Rune Dragons Up for Adoption!
(Please go to the dragons page to fill out adoption forms.)

Strike List
(For those who do not follow the rules or continuously harass, bully, or break the rules repeatedly.)

Merlin's Heir~ Banned Permanently
Tundra~ 2 Strikes
Coexist ~ 2 Strikes
Amxen no.XV ~ 1 Strike
Sphie ~ 1 Strike
~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And if you would like to help advertise, here are some buttons and stamps for your signature!

~Made By Jendalie

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1153385][img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/118/2/3/rune_dragon_button_by_jenkast-d4xtn63.png[/img][/url]

~Made by Marmoset

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1153385][img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/120/0/2/rune_dragon_stamp_2_by_jenkast-d4y1njq.jpg[/img][/url]

~Made by Ashenjay

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1153385][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/6gvk7k.jpg[/img][/url]

.:Affiliates.:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Benathorn on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:31 am, edited 468 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adoptable Baby Rune Dragon

Postby Benathorn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:19 pm

::Breeding::
~~~
Rune Dragons enjoy being with their mates and are actively searching for another Rune to share their lives with. However, before they can claim a mate though, they must first appeal to the other Rune's interests. This means exchanging a colorful glass bead to the one they desire in hopes that they accept their proposal. The exchange of such glass beads has been a long tradition among Rune Dragons and the residents of Eldemore for generations, and the tradition still carries on till this day. Once two Runes have agreed to be bonded for life or just for a short while, they are certain to produce little Rune hatchlings that share in their parents traits while acquiring some unique one's of their own~ ♥

~~~

::Breeding Slots::

Benathorn: Slot 1: (Closed) Slot 2: (Closed) Drake Slot: (Closed)
Jendalie: Slot 1: (Closed) Slot 2: (Cosed)

~~~

::Growing Slots::

Benathorn: Slot 1: (Closed)

~~~

.:Rules:.

~Breeding's will only be taken if there is an open slot next to the artist. If no slots are open then no breeding orders are being taken at that time.
~Breeding will cost one wishlist pet. If you decide to breed two hatchlings then you must pay two wishlist pets, one for each.
~If you are breeding a Drake only one egg will be produced! This is due to the fact that the dragon takes over five hours to make from egg, hatchling, and adult stage.
~Drake Breedings will cost two wishlist pets.
~You must decide which user will claim ownership of the egg between the two of you.
~Growing will cost one wishlist pet. If you get the slot then simply PM me the dragon you wish to grow along with payment.
~You can only breed your rune dragon three times.
~If you wish to breed you must contact the person whom you wish to breed your dragon with and both agree in doing so. Once that is settled, you must PM me informing me of the breeding and show the images of the runes who are paired.
~You must decide with the person your are paired with who gets the baby or babies. The one who gets it must pay or both of you may pay if there is more than one. (That must be decided between the two of you and not me.)
~Be polite and kind to one another, if someone does not wish to pair with you then you mustn't get upset. Just try for another.
~I will post here when I have completed the pairings hatchlings for all to see.

.....................................................................................

Breeding List and Pairs

Zeyus + Ashlyn = Kozmar
Lemon +Lovely = Lemondrop
Flav + Marina = Hyacintho Favum and Rose
Solem + Ashlyn = Night Skies and Oriana
Cemerlang + Myth = Santos and Fantasy
Zeyus + Akasiya= Olokun and Iya
Cemerlang + Tmavý= Nokoto and Fiamma
Ehemberin + Ignis Inceptos= Arcanum and Festeus
Zeuis + Aura= Aite and Mooni
Twitch + Nya= Cazo and Sharni
Grass + Serena= Spade and Méntas
Thane + Salem= Loki and Mirala
Shadow + Star Dust= AniDori and Night Laced One
Niquenaro + Adrian= ? and Pyry
Chaos + Ignis Inceptos= ? and Arden
Shadow + Star Dust= Kibera
Razi + Delyth= Phaedrus and Tulu
Ehemberin + Salem= Shai and Niyx
Olokun + Adrian= Amethyst Shepard and Silha
The Doctor + Ashlyn= Deoradhan and Wibble
Gadzooks + Azara= Tiddly Winks and Faloin
Hiroshi + lovely= Iklyn
Chaos + Adrian= Zade
Serca + Eidolon= Cei and Ceallach
Shadow + Star Dust= Mia and Orion
Sovereign + Adrian= Kijani and Artemis
Grimald + Jiwa Hilang= Ganymede and Ellayne
~
~
~
~

.....................................................................................

~Monthly Events~

The Baby Palooza~ This event takes place every one hundred pages. To celebrate, other users will donate their dragons to breed a batch of hatchlings for free! These hatchlings are then placed up for adoption and are often very special.
Monthly Guest Artists~ In the middle of every month we will choose two talented users to have the chance to create a Rune Dragon! This is only a one time thing for each user and a very special privilege that we like to give others.
Monthly Themes~ Every month all our artists come together to create a similar theme with a batch of Rune Dragons. This could range from African Themes, Celtic Themes, or even event themes such as Halloween or Christmas. Either way, themes always inspire great and special Runes to be made and everyone works very hard to create them.
Rune Drake Eggs~ Rune Drakes are a larger sub-species of Rune Dragons that preside in Eldemore. These dragons can only bond with bearers if they are reared from eggs. No wild Drake would ever accept a Human ,and in truth they despise humans for their constant treatment of their kind. Sometimes a Drake Egg will be found under special circumstances and must be raised by the bearer who finds it. Rune Drakes are commonly used as fast transportation and key military strength within the world of Eldemore. They can actually speak the tongue of man, but rarely do so, and even despise the Ancients which preside over the realm. They are not afraid to buck up to these Ancient beings, and even sometimes rival in size to the dragons of legends. Though they are not as powerful as Ancients, they do pack quite a punch, and usually do not bother with their smaller Rune Dragon cousins.
Ancient Releases~ This event is the most anticipated of all. At the end of every month we release two Ancients that can be won through bidding. These are full grown dragons with great power that the artists put a lot of effort into creating. Each one has it's own personal story that calls for it's summoner (User) to claim it. They are very hard to get and very rare, but well worth the wait!
Last edited by Benathorn on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:22 am, edited 112 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crocodile-God » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:38 pm

oooooh! Bena these are great! i want one!! and i can show you how to set it up and make it transparent <3
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Thank you Dracos! I really have little knowledge of this and I'm working on another one as we speak since I want a few to be free. Whats transparent? Did I not already do that? So many questions. ^_^;
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:17 pm

And we are open! The first two are free and I am working on a third. Hopefully if enough of you guys like them I can start making customs. Enjoy~
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crocodile-God » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:20 pm

I LOVE THE RED ONE!! And come here real quick. its easier if i just show you

https://join.me/510-985-128
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:21 pm

DracosCanine wrote:oooooh! Bena these are great! i want one!! and i can show you how to set it up and make it transparent <3

Thank you for your help Dracos and I think I am starting to get the hang of things. You will be the first to get a free custom made hatchling of your choice. Just tell me what you would like and it will be your own very special and one of a kind Rune Dragon. ^^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:23 pm

These look great sis! :D

Let me know if you need any more help with the codes or transparency.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:28 pm

I like~! I'll have to be watching out for adopts on these. :3

[| Pound of Hope |] [| Art Shop |] [| Etsy |] [| Need help? |]

[| I'm on a semi-hiatus due to real-life. |]

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Thank you so much! I'm glad everyone is interested in them and I will be doing more soon. :3
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me