Asperger syndrome

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Asperger syndrome

Postby Saphira344 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:42 pm

for people who dont know what aspergers sydrome is

to mods i didnt know where to put this if its in the wrong form please tell me wich form i should put it in please dont ban me ffrom cs

Many of the behaviours of children with Asperger syndrome are ‘normal’ for young children if they happen some of the time. However, if they happen frequently or most of the time, these behaviours may indicate the presence of Asperger syndrome. The pattern of difficulties can be quite different for each child.

Children with Asperger syndrome will have many behaviours that are similar to those seen in children with autism. However, individuals with Asperger syndrome will have no history of language delay, have better fundamental language skills and will generally be of average to above-average intelligence.

Some characteristics of Asperger syndrome
People with Asperger syndrome may display some of the following characteristics:

Difficulty in forming friendships.
A preference for playing alone or with older children and adults.
Apparently good language skills, but difficulty with communication. Language may be considered to be very advanced or ‘precocious’ when compared to their peers. The person may be able to talk extensively on a topic of interest, but have difficulty with more practical tasks such as recounting the day’s events, telling a story, or understanding jokes and sarcasm.
A lack of appreciation that communication involves listening as well as talking. For instance, they may not allow their communication partner an opportunity to engage in the conversation.
A very literal understanding of what has been said. For example, when asked to ‘get lost’ (go away) a person with Asperger syndrome will likely become confused and may literally try to ‘get lost’.
Inability to understand the rules of social behaviour, the feelings of others and difficulty ‘reading’ body language. For example, a person with Asperger syndrome may not understand that someone is showing that they are unhappy by frowning.
Behaviour varies from mildly unusual, eccentric or ‘odd’ to quite aggressive and difficult.
Having rules and rituals that they insist all family members follow.
Anger and aggression when things do not happen as they want.
Sensitivity to criticism.
A narrow field of interests. For example a person with Asperger syndrome may focus on learning all there is to know about cars, trains or computers.
Gender bias in Asperger syndrome
The World Health Organization's ICD-10 classification gives the male to female ratio as 8 to 1. This means that approximately eight times more males than females are diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. However, this apparent ‘gender bias’ may be due to the fact that girls with Asperger syndrome are better at learning and copying social skills and are therefore more able to ‘disguise’ their lack of skill.
taken frome this sight http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... drome?open

Sensitivity and/or aversion to certain sounds, smells, textures, and tastes.
Last edited by Saphira344 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out this awsome streamer
Adorable pokemon gif's, click to go to the makers deviantart profile.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My photo gallery. ||My raindom lines||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story|| Arachnia ||

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Asperger syndrome

Postby Saphira344 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:46 pm

bump
i have it if you wanted to know ive goten use to beeing differnt
My photo gallery. ||My raindom lines||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story|| Arachnia ||

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkmoony » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:59 pm

My younger brother has this.
Darkmoony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Patchii » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Holy crap. My 7 year old sister was having problems similar to this. My moms gonna be so proud of me for finding this. Thank you.
ImageImage
~ I'm The Shadow In Hell's Darkness~
° My Main Character ° My Other Characters °
Patchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vur Horston » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:14 am

I have it! 8-)
Vur Horston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soratly » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:36 am

In the past year I discovered that I might possibly be suffering from aspergers. My brother has a mild form of it, and because of that, I was also tested when I was about 13 years old, but they didn't "find" anything on me.

Now that I am older, and I look at the symptoms, I feel that they might have been wrong. I don't have any every day problems with it, and I can more or less live like a "normal" person. But thats only my outer fasade. Inside I feel a lot different, but I never really questioned any of the problems I feel I have, because I always assumed that they were normal.

I'd really like a diagnosis.. I don't really know why, because I can't oblivious be "cured", I'd just really like to know. So I asked my doctor, who now sent me to a psychiatrist that I'm seeing in a months time. Hopefully he can help me with some of the things that really makes my life a bit more difficult than I think is normal...
soratly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:35 pm

well i only found out round 2 years ago and iam --Removed-- now i hate beeing differnt from my peers my best friend is a year yonger then me and i feel awqward around people my own age exspasaly guys (iam a girl)thow not when i get to know them wich is hard. some people say iam lucky to be differn but there wrong its not all its cracked up to be.

some people say they wish they where differnt but its not i tell them it not all its cracked up to be but they rarly lisen to me honstly iam glad that iam not alone that there are others like me around besieds one of my teacher say i need to grow up since i still act like a little kid my mum say tell her that ill grow up when iam good and ready. half the time when i get embareced scared or nerves i try and hide behind my hands or by lowering my head trying to hide but if ether teacher see me they say graffe not turtle

once in year 7/8 i said something like orgamisam in sted of orgamisam in a sciences team oral and ive never felt so embarece i realy wanted the floor to open under me i almost ran out of the room and what was worse was my own team was lathing even the one who had made the spelling mistack and now iam terified when i have to preform an oral.
Last edited by Tiikeria on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't share personal information, like age.

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:51 am

I found out that I had this when I was around 7 years old or prehaps I was younger Im not really sure. I chose to play with older kids when I was pretty young. I wouldnt be told get lost and then try and actually get lost, merely raise my eyebrows and walk off wondering what their problem was. I have better reading skills than most people my age but my mathmatical skills are kind of bad.

I get iffy when things dont go my way its been like that for as long as I remember -sigh-
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:09 pm

lol i sometimes have that problem 2 the first time i heard pull you socks up i did :opss: and iam very artistice thow not that good at drawing with a mouce

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:09 pm

bump

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me