~Theatre Group~

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

~Theatre Group~

Postby DaLitFam » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:32 am

Hey, im Lee and I LOVE theatre! Im currently a registered thespian and Im a full time techie, and always working on something new! anyone else share this passion for drama! come here and chat about all things theatre. whether you are a professional actor, or taking a drama class at school, this forum is open to anyone with a passion for Theatre!

Or, if you have any tech questions, feel free to ask them here. I've been working tech for years now and know it in and out!
I also am an actor, so if you want any acting advice, this is the place to ask!
dont be shy!
Inhale the memes, Exhale the memes, inject the memes into your bloodstream
There are good memes, and there are bad memes
Why has Dog abandoned us
DaLitFam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Theatre Group~

Postby DaLitFam » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:34 am

my show "the women of Lockerbie" is starting to show Monday!!! im so scared!!! is anyone else working on a show?
Why has Dog abandoned us
DaLitFam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:02 am

DaLitFam wrote:my show "the women of Lockerbie" is starting to show Monday!!! im so scared!!! is anyone else working on a show?

I'm in Guys and Dolls at the moment. One of the three females playing male roles and the main female tenor. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

I'm also in charge of lobby display, research, and dramaturgy. I was bouncing some ideas off my stage manager and let's just say I'm her new favorite person.

We open in three weeks. Tech starts next week.

I'm a bit sad, as this will be my last show where I am now. I'll finish my career there with six mainstages and two (maybe three) BlackBox productions.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaLitFam » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 am

gosh, its always so sad having to do final shows. luckily I still have a couple shows left before I leave high school.
Why has Dog abandoned us
DaLitFam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:20 am

Ah, lucky. Last mainstage for me. Hey, at least I talked the director into letting me have a fake scar for the shows!
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jengatower » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 pm

what did you do to become a techie? does it require a degree in any way? does high school experience count on a resume?
i've personally worked on Annie and Midsummer Night's Dream in high school.
^listening to sweet trip^
semi-inactive
they/she

jengatower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 am

jengatower wrote:what did you do to become a techie? does it require a degree in any way? does high school experience count on a resume?
i've personally worked on Annie and Midsummer Night's Dream in high school.

Anyone can become a Techie with the proper training (ex: lights & sound) but in order to become a Thespian, you will need at least 10 points and you will need to fill out a card to keep track on how many points you have (at least in my school). There is no degree (this is for college right?) and high school experience absolutely counts!
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Fri May 18, 2018 1:53 am

Hi guys! I'm a Thespian too! I'm both an actor and a techie! ^.^ It's so lovely to meet new people that are one as well. I'm currently an Honor Thespian. My troupe number is #2326 in the International Thespian Society. My troupe puts on a Fall Play (mainstage), 2 one-act play nights (one on the main stage and one in the black box), a Spring Musical (mainstage) and a Blackbox musical at the end of the year. This year I was involved with all the shows except for this year's black box musical. I cannot commit unfortunately because I recently got a new job and I wouldn't have time to do so. For BB musical my school is putting on 'Big Fish' and this is the 4th BB musical our school has since our building is pretty new (we moved from an old building to a new). As for Fall Play, my school did 'Antigone' this year and one of my close friends got to play the lead which is of course Antigone. Well, there are different versions of the play but anyway... I was on Makeup Crew and there were lots of cool things we did for that show. The way my director envisioned it was that was to be set in the 1940s during the war. So there were pin-up curls, more formal attire etc. I was in both one-act play nights and I played a "little pig" (i'm a tall person actually) xD, Mama Bear for a show called 'Fairytale Network' and I played a Shadow in a show I actually finished last night called 'Shadows of Antiquity' For Spring Musical, we put on 'Peter Pan' and I played a Pirate (ensemble) since I'm a senior this year, it was my final show so it was hard to say goodbye to everyone you've worked with for the past 4 years. Sunday matinee (last performance) really made me tear up. :'< There were plenty of things we did to celebrate, we had so many traditions we held and parties to celebrate our hard work and coming up is a banquet where I will give a short speech to all my friends and peers that I've worked with for so long. My drama teacher is also retiring after teaching for more than 30 years at my school and I was about to cry because she really opened my eyes for greater opportunities in the future, gave me plenty of wonderful advice as well as, put on the greatest shows any high school director can do in my area. I know this is getting to be pretty long but if you guys want to know more about my troupe or want to hear other stories, let me know! ~
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ice580 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:01 am

I have found my people.

Hi, I'm pretty new to theatre. I've been in one school performance so far and I loved it so much. Never been a techie, but I've gotten a taste of how it feels to direct via class project. I have an interview for a modeling agency pretty soon, they cast for shows on channels like Nickelodeon, so that might be cool.
Ice580

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil.pinknugget » Fri May 18, 2018 2:16 am

Ice580 wrote:I have found my people.

Hi, I'm pretty new to theatre. I've been in one school performance so far and I loved it so much. Never been a techie, but I've gotten a taste of how it feels to direct via class project. I have an interview for a modeling agency pretty soon, they cast for shows on channels like Nickelodeon, so that might be cool.

Wow! That sounds very exciting! I think you'll really enjoy the Drama Department at your school. Are you currently in a Theatre class? Being a techie is fun too! I like to work with makeup especially because you can really change what a person looks like plus in the makeup room at my school, we get into serious and deep into conversations and relationships just simply click! Right now I'm in Studio Theatre which is an Advanced Theatre class and we just performed our one-act last night actually. Are you interested in becoming a Thespian? I personally think it is a great honor and depending on what your troupe does, there are loads of fun activities everyone can do as well as, earning community service points which are an incentive. As for your modeling, I hope you do well and get cast!
lil.pinknugget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me