Plant Thread

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Plant Thread

Postby Siddy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:21 pm

I decided to create a plant discussion related thread as I couldn't find one! Feel free to show off your collection, ask questions, or ask for help identifying! Anything relating to house plants, herbs, succulents, and the like are welcome!
I'll spice up the thread tomorrow morning, and add pictures of my own collection!
Just to get things started, what are some of the plants you own? Want to own?

I'd personally really love to get some herbs planted this year! I have some seeds (basil, lavender, and sage) I'm waiting to come up! It just snowed again though so it'll probably be awhile before I can plant them outside. I'm also slowly expanding my hoard of pothos. I've gotten quite a few to propagate pretty good lately.
Siddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Plant Thread

Postby Alamire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:25 pm

This is a great idea! Although i'm far from a gardener myself, I'd definitely like more succulents around my room. I tried growing bamboo in a pot on my desk, however pretty much no light got to it and it died within a month, poor thing.

"Y O U T A U G H T"
me the courage of stars
before you left, how life carries
on endlessly, even after death

Alamire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kishu. » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:36 pm

holy macaroni this is FREAKING AMAZING!!! this is such a great idea omg!!!
    to start it off, i really want to own some echeverias, but not the purple ones.
    echeveria's need lots of sunlight, especially the purple ones.. if the echeverias
    are naturally green, then i wouldn't have to deal with providing them a lot
    direct sun unlike the brighter ones.. since i'm planning on having them indoors.
    i also love panda plants, haworthia succulents, aloe vera, etc. i'm planning
    on getting those as well sometime in the future, as well as cacti.

this is my first time taking care of plants myself, and i've done lots of research
    so i can expect whats going to come my way. despite that, i'm pretty anxious
    that i might kill my succulent babies.. overwatering them, not providing
    them enough indirect/direct sunlight, no drainage in their pot.. i'm so
    scared. but atleast we learn from our mistakes, right??? i really
    appreciate some tips!! i might get them sometime around the
    weekend sooooo!!

MaraStarSeer wrote:This is a great idea! Although i'm far from a gardener myself, I'd definitely like more succulents around my room. I tried growing bamboo in a pot on my desk, however pretty much no light got to it and it died within a month, poor thing.

aaaa poor thing!! but it's okay, though. you learned from your mistake, and you
    already know that you should provide it with enough sunlight. you should
    give your little bamboo plant bright indirect sunlight. they can have direct
    sunlight, but don't give too much exposure to it. if you do, then the leaves
    will be sunburn. for more information on the bamboo, i recommend doing
    some research. but if you have, then that's great!!
Last edited by kishu. on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
work in progress
kishu.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rover » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:39 pm

vercis/rover • it/its