Toot Your Own Horn

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: What Do You LOVE About Yourself

Postby Enyo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Lumi ♥︎ wrote:
Enyo wrote:- my eyes. I have blue-green eyes, their colors seem to change depending on the clothes and the makeup I'm wearing, plus I have long natural eyelashes. (Hey, it's my only nice physical feature, let me be proud of it!)
- my intelligence
- my memory
- my strong imagination.
- My natural artistic abilities

Too bad everything is just going to waste, since nobody would care about what I have to say about any subjects, about the stories I write (nobody ever wanted to try to read one page of what I wrote, so, why should I waste time writing anymore?), , or about what I draw/paint (unless i paint FLOWERS. You don't know how many times i've heard "Yeah, that's good, but can't you draw something else? Like a FLOWER? You could sale it if you painted a flower" I know I paint them well, but I could have done so much more. Now, because of all the times I've heard that, I HATE drawing FREAKING FLOWERS. And It frustrated me so much that I stopped drawing during a few years. The other reason why I stopped drawing was because my mother told me that my brother was frustrated and sad that he couldn't draw as well as I did. My brother is five years younger than me and less than 10 at this time. It was normal due to the age gap that he couldn't draw as well as me. But i'm very sensible, and I didn't wanted to make him frustated and sad. THANKS, dear family, for all my wasted talents. But I still have the pictures I would have drawn in my mind, I don't have to paint them to know what they look like, and I know the stories I would have written as well. It's only YOU, dear people from my family and dear friends, who will never know them, and who will never know my world, and how wonderful (yet sometimes terrible) it is!

(I know I was supposed to say positive things. But hey, I said 5 things I like about myself. Even if I said they're useless, that's a lot.)

OHMYGOSH YAYYY
Someone wrote a paragraph finally!!!

So first let me say, your eyes sound freaking amaze-balls.
Second, the left side of your brain seems to be working quite wonderfully ;D
Third. Thank you for the rant :)) I don't exactly relate to your frustration with family and drawing flowers (lol) but reading it made me smile and laugh even if it wasn't supposed to be funny! I think you should do what you love even if it hurts others feelings because at the end of the day, you can only feel for yourself and happiness is one of the greatest feelings in the world. So be happy :3

If you ever want someone to read your work, I offer myself up!!

I wasn't even sure I was allowed to make a rant! lol! :lol:

Thanks, yes, my eyes are really nice, and my left brain is working really well. I have a lot of clear memories from when I was 2, and I discovered recently that my earliest memory is even older, since I remember that when I was really young we often went to visit my great grand-mother, and I do remember her, even if it's a bit blurry. What I didn't know, because we didn't talk about her very often with my parents or grand-parents, was that she died before I was one year old.

Too be honest, even if everything in the rant is true and part of it sad, I did try to make it at least a little bit funny (especially the part about the flowers!). I didn't wanted to sound too depressed. So I'm happy it made you laugh! :)

The thing that is bad, is that if they didn't always asked me why I was not drawing flowers and if I had not been frustrated by that, I could have become a professional artist. And there will always be this "what if" in my mind. Their obsession with me having to draw flowers came from watercolors of flowers I've made when I was 11 which were really good. And when I say really good, I mean it, for a 11 year old, they were really good. A professional artist had offered to buy one of them (not an internationally-known artist, but still an artist who who could live solely from her art). Sometimes I almost regret having made those paintings. If I had not, they wouldn't have asked me everytime I was drawing a dragon, an elf or a manga-style drawing why I was not drawing FLOWERS (When the obvious answer was "Hum... Maybe because right now, I just want to draw something else?!)... And weirdly, I may have drawn flowers more often... And I certainly wouldn't have stopped drawing during a few years from frustration.

It's nice from you to propose to read my writings. I was going to say that unfortunately most of them are written in French, but then I saw your stamps, and OMG you speak French!
So if you were serious, the day have something I like enough to make someone read it, i'll let you read it!
Last edited by Enyo on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby draco. » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Marking this <3

ImageImage
╔═════════════════════════╗

draco ♥ entp ♥ she/her ♥ my art
hello there! name’s draco. i’m just a
girl who enjoys drawing cats and also
writing about her characters.
i’m a pretty patient and eccentric
person who just wants to have a
good time, so don’t be afraid to
chat with me!

╚═════════════════════════╝
ImageImage

ImageImage

draco.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:03 am

Enyo wrote:
Lumi ♥︎ wrote:
Enyo wrote:- my eyes. I have blue-green eyes, their colors seem to change depending on the clothes and the makeup I'm wearing, plus I have long natural eyelashes. (Hey, it's my only nice physical feature, let me be proud of it!)
- my intelligence
- my memory
- my strong imagination.
- My natural artistic abilities

Too bad everything is just going to waste, since nobody would care about what I have to say about any subjects, about the stories I write (nobody ever wanted to try to read one page of what I wrote, so, why should I waste time writing anymore?), , or about what I draw/paint (unless i paint FLOWERS. You don't know how many times i've heard "Yeah, that's good, but can't you draw something else? Like a FLOWER? You could sale it if you painted a flower" I know I paint them well, but I could have done so much more. Now, because of all the times I've heard that, I HATE drawing FREAKING FLOWERS. And It frustrated me so much that I stopped drawing during a few years. The other reason why I stopped drawing was because my mother told me that my brother was frustrated and sad that he couldn't draw as well as I did. My brother is five years younger than me and less than 10 at this time. It was normal due to the age gap that he couldn't draw as well as me. But i'm very sensible, and I didn't wanted to make him frustated and sad. THANKS, dear family, for all my wasted talents. But I still have the pictures I would have drawn in my mind, I don't have to paint them to know what they look like, and I know the stories I would have written as well. It's only YOU, dear people from my family and dear friends, who will never know them, and who will never know my world, and how wonderful (yet sometimes terrible) it is!

(I know I was supposed to say positive things. But hey, I said 5 things I like about myself. Even if I said they're useless, that's a lot.)

OHMYGOSH YAYYY
Someone wrote a paragraph finally!!!

So first let me say, your eyes sound freaking amaze-balls.
Second, the left side of your brain seems to be working quite wonderfully ;D
Third. Thank you for the rant :)) I don't exactly relate to your frustration with family and drawing flowers (lol) but reading it made me smile and laugh even if it wasn't supposed to be funny! I think you should do what you love even if it hurts others feelings because at the end of the day, you can only feel for yourself and happiness is one of the greatest feelings in the world. So be happy :3

If you ever want someone to read your work, I offer myself up!!

I wasn't even sure I was allowed to make a rant! lol! :lol:

Thanks, yes, my eyes are really nice, and my left brain is working really well. I have a lot of clear memories from when I was 2, and I discovered recently that my earliest memory is even older, since I remember that when I was really young we often went to visit my great grand-mother, and I do remember her, even if it's a bit blurry. What I didn't know, because we didn't talk about her very often with my parents or grand-parents, was that she died before I was one year old.

Too be honest, even if everything in the rant is true and part of it sad, I did try to make it at least a little bit funny (especially the part about the flowers!). I didn't wanted to sound too depressed. So I'm happy it made you laugh! :)

The thing that is bad, is that if they didn't always asked me why I was not drawing flowers and if I had not been frustrated by that, I could have become a professional artist. And there will always be this "what if" in my mind. Their obsession with me having to draw flowers came from watercolors of flowers I've made when I was 11 which were really good. And when I say really good, I mean it, for a 11 year old, they were really good. A professional artist had offered to buy one of them (not an internationally-known artist, but still an artist who who could live solely from her art). Sometimes I almost regret having made those paintings. If I had not, they wouldn't have asked me everytime I was drawing a dragon, an elf or a manga-style drawing why I was not drawing FLOWERS (When the obvious answer was "Hum... Maybe because right now, I just want to draw something else?!)... And weirdly, I may have drawn flowers more often... And I certainly wouldn't have stopped drawing during a few years from frustration.

It's nice from you to propose to read my writings. I was going to say that unfortunately most of them are written in French, but then I saw your stamps, and OMG you speak French!
So if you were serious, the day have something I like enough to make someone read it, i'll let you read it!

Yes! Please do let me read your french works! You can PM me links or something whenever and I'll gladly read them :DD

'' it's going to be a good day today ''
    one day you'll meet someone who will look at you, like others look at the stars

spell | pixel credit | ©
Spell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paper. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:04 am

I love that I read a lot and I know that someday it will pay off because I'll know more! :D
paper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LooksharponCS » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:55 am

I love my imagination and artistic capacity, even though it's better with paper and pencil :p, and ability to appreciate things in life.
This topic is a great idea! Too often I see people, even in real life, that don't seem to recognize or value their strong points. Thank you for this environment where the Chicken Smoothie community can safely love themselves, because if you don't love yourself, you can't get very far.
Be careful children that's a lot of sodium
LooksharponCS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ObliviousTrauma » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:39 pm

nothing ;3 ( sounds super edgy but i don't really like myself )
Please ignore my disorganized mess, i haven't really played in a long time

ObliviousTrauma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rising » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:45 am

AngelaZiegler wrote:nothing ;3 ( sounds super edgy but i don't really like myself )

If you really don't like yourself, try finding some small things you can change about yourself realistically. Even something quite simple like wearing a different hairstyle might have a bigger impact on your self-perception. Just be careful to avoid changing yourself in any way purely to please other people, or to make yourself seem like another person who you won't necessarily still want to be like in a year. There's time to experiment with your identity. You're not alone either, everyone has parts of themself that they dislike or have had to work to change.

I love the way I pushed myself to talk to a stranger on the train today. He turned out to be the most lovely amazing man I could have hoped to meet and we're planning to stay in touch, all because of a chance meeting on a bench and a 45-minute shared journey. I don't often get into conversations with strangers so I really love the fact I managed to today.

I like the fact my friends seem to trust me for giving them advice (even when I'm drunk :lol:) and I like the way my mind fits together, making links between my interests in music, culture and politics. I like the way I see the world, how I notice details that I could easily overlook. I like the way my mood violently topples from euphoric to desolate then soars back to euphoric again. It can be exhausting and depressing but it keeps life fresh.

Oh and I was literally thinking about making a thread for this a few minutes ago so it's cool one already exists. :)
New username to remind me of the wind through the trees and the way I want to be.
Rising

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spell » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Rising wrote:
AngelaZiegler wrote:nothing ;3 ( sounds super edgy but i don't really like myself )

If you really don't like yourself, try finding some small things you can change about yourself realistically. Even something quite simple like wearing a different hairstyle might have a bigger impact on your self-perception. Just be careful to avoid changing yourself in any way purely to please other people, or to make yourself seem like another person who you won't necessarily still want to be like in a year. There's time to experiment with your identity. You're not alone either, everyone has parts of themself that they dislike or have had to work to change.

I love the way I pushed myself to talk to a stranger on the train today. He turned out to be the most lovely amazing man I could have hoped to meet and we're planning to stay in touch, all because of a chance meeting on a bench and a 45-minute shared journey. I don't often get into conversations with strangers so I really love the fact I managed to today.

I like the fact my friends seem to trust me for giving them advice (even when I'm drunk :lol:) and I like the way my mind fits together, making links between my interests in music, culture and politics. I like the way I see the world, how I notice details that I could easily overlook. I like the way my mood violently topples from euphoric to desolate then soars back to euphoric again. It can be exhausting and depressing but it keeps life fresh.

Oh and I was literally thinking about making a thread for this a few minutes ago so it's cool one already exists. :)

Just though about this!! I told some guy that i liked his hat on the subway and he laughed.. haha

'' it's going to be a good day today ''
    one day you'll meet someone who will look at you, like others look at the stars

spell | pixel credit | ©
Spell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:36 pm

My love for bunnies and writing
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CORPSEDOG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:39 pm

I love that I can get lost in thought during car rides, about anything and I hate and love that I have very vivid realistic dreams.
CORPSEDOG

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me