Gymnastics Chat V.1

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Gymnastics Chat V.1

Postby XDreamerX » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:19 pm

gay wrote:
    does anyone have any tips on getting over the fear of setting up when going into a back tuck? for some reason, straight out of my roundoff backhandspring i go straight into the back tuck without setting. same goes for my flyaway on bars- my toes nearly hit the bar when i go for my tuck because im pulling in so much. any advice?

Oh lord. Setting. That's literally one of the main things my coaches always yell at me about, setting my back tucks. Something that usually helps me is throwing my arms straight up, so that I have to hit a high point before I can really rotate.
I don't use this account so Merry Christmas
Hello, I'm XDreamerX.
XDreamerX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:51 pm

bump!
hello! :)
Bunnyhop627

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:39 am

I hate seeing this thread die-

but I have a question- what level did you / are you going to get dowel grips in? When I was a level one, our gym only sold dowel grips and I had gotten lots of rips. We looked for beginner grips, and no sporting stores or stores nearby had them. I ended up buying the dowel grips and they helped so much! One of my proudest moments in gymnastics history is getting a squat-on bars and kip on the bars at only level 1!
hello! :)
Bunnyhop627

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me