☛ Food 4 thought ☚ - A Food discussion thread!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ☛ Food 4 thought ☚ - A Food discussion thread!

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:53 am

bahznoir wrote:
    @Greys0n-

I love Asian food, too! It's always very satisfying and flavourful, regardless of it's country of origin!

~~~

I noticed his thread, and I decided it is in my best interest to share this thought with you all...

Isn't homemade macaroni and cheese the best? Have you guys ever had some?

It's so unlike Kraft Dinner or any other pre-made mac n cheese, and it is great! Especially when you add some tomato and fish to it!

Yes! Homemade mac n cheese beats any other, plus you can actually add real cheese. I can't say I've ever had it with tomato or fish in it, but it sounds good! I should try that sometime. I love putting broccoli in my mac n cheese though. I feel like broccoli goods good with pretty much any pasta.
Image Image Image Image

Hey, I'm Herlock Sholmes,
nice to meet you!
I love figure skating, ballet,
biology, hiking, memes,
Marvel, urban exploration,
The Killers, wildlife docs,
Marianas Trench, and more!
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liv :) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Herlock Sholmes wrote:Yes! Homemade mac n cheese beats any other, plus you can actually add real cheese. I can't say I've ever had it with tomato or fish in it, but it sounds good! I should try that sometime. I love putting broccoli in my mac n cheese though. I feel like broccoli goods good with pretty much any pasta.

The "real cheese" aspect of homemade mac n cheese is probably my favourite part of it all!

I've never tried broccoli in my mac n cheese before, but I can't believe I haven't! Sounds like a great idea! You've given me inspiration for my next mac n cheese dish.

Broccoli tastes amazing with cheese, so I have no doubt in my mind that I'll thoroughly enjoy it~
liv :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greys0n » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Herlock Sholmes wrote:
Greys0n wrote:I love Asian food. Specifically, Chinese food is my favorite. Onmy Bthday I got this multicooker from my mum. I'm really bad in cooking but I tried to cook the Chinese food today. It was awesome! This time I tryied General Tso’s chicken. More times than not, this is what I will order at Chinese restaurants. It has a little more of a kick than sweet and sour chicken and I like the flavor better.

Asian food is the best! In my opinion, definitely the best continent for food.
That sounds really tasty, I also almost always go for the General Tso's chicken. How did you make it? I've never used a multicooker, but it sounds handy. Have you tried making noodles?

it's my recipe
3 large chicken breasts (about 2 pounds), chopped into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
sauce
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce (can be found in the Asian section at most markets)
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic (or garlic powder)
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
steamed or fried rice for serving

Add chicken and cornstarch to a large ziplock bag. Toss to coat the chicken with the cornstarch.
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok.
Saute chicken until golden brown on both sides about 2 minutes on each side. (Note the chicken will not be fully cooked and that is ok)
Add the chicken to the multi cooker.
Add hoisin sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
Pour the sauce onto the chicken and stir to coat the chicken.
Cook on low for 2-3 hours.

yes i also like noodles :) but i have not made it yet
Greys0n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:45 pm

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food? probably a 6.5
- What's is your favourite dish and why? it depends in my mood, the weather, and how hungry I am or what I'm doing, but Nata De Coco, sorbet, or japanese chicken curry with rice.
- If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Probably sorbet, because it has that unique flavour, it's fruity, tangy and it's sweet! Perfect for snacking on, too :3
- What was the last thing you ate? A small bowl of spaghetti topped with cheese. Mmmm!
- name a dish that's a tradition in your country that others might not know? Pavlova
- Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking? Yes I do, and I love bakin cookies and cake, or making home-made sweets the most! I have a sweet tooth!
- Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc? Myself! XD
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods? usually sweet
- Anything else you'd like to ask the group? uhm, yes. Are there any good homemade candy or toffee recipes you could help me with? Thanks :D
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fizzlebee » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:47 am

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food? 10. So much that I'm currently pursuing a degree in nutrition. c:
- What's is your favourite dish and why? Chicken parm. Chicken, cheese, saucy. The only edible thing on campus. What's not to like?
- If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Italian, or breakfast. I never get tired of either.
- What was the last thing you ate? Chicken quesadilla
- name a dish that's a tradition in your country that other's might not know? Unfortunately there's not many. My mom makes a killer blueberry buckle lol. For those who don't know, it's kind of like a blueberry coffee cake. Buckeyes are also fairly common in the US. Those are essentially peanut-butter balls dipped in chocolate.
- Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking? You bet! I enjoy exploring all types of food and am trying to branch out. I'd say I make more breakfast food than anything. Dessert would be my second favorite thing to make.
- Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc? Alton Brown. Ever seen Good Eats?
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods? Both. Combining them is the best. Like Honey Nut Chex Mix.
- Anything else you'd like to ask the group? Do you have a favorite flavor of chex mix? :lol:
Image Image Image
Image Image
Fizzlebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Herlock Sholmes » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Greys0n wrote:it's my recipe
3 large chicken breasts (about 2 pounds), chopped into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
sauce
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce (can be found in the Asian section at most markets)
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic (or garlic powder)
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
steamed or fried rice for serving

Add chicken and cornstarch to a large ziplock bag. Toss to coat the chicken with the cornstarch.
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok.
Saute chicken until golden brown on both sides about 2 minutes on each side. (Note the chicken will not be fully cooked and that is ok)
Add the chicken to the multi cooker.
Add hoisin sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
Pour the sauce onto the chicken and stir to coat the chicken.
Cook on low for 2-3 hours.

yes i also like noodles :) but i have not made it yet

That sounds delicious! I'm pretty sure I have all the ingredients, I should definitely try that sometime. Awesome recipe!
Image Image Image Image

Hey, I'm Herlock Sholmes,
nice to meet you!
I love figure skating, ballet,
biology, hiking, memes,
Marvel, urban exploration,
The Killers, wildlife docs,
Marianas Trench, and more!
Have a nice day.

Daily Bulletin:

AWOL

Herlock Sholmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Hey guys c: I was just wondering if you trusty fellows could tell me how to make some yummy taffee/toffee? That would be greatly appreciated c: I really want to make some but...how xD?
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Origami XD » Sun May 07, 2017 4:00 am

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food?
10, laughs keeps me alive and almost always tastes good
- What's is your favourite dish and why? 
Hhhhmmmm tacos, from this little hole in the wall taco restaurant, to be honest my mom And I habeas been to Mexico and back and haven't found a taco that beats those.
- If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? 
Not sure 5bh
- What was the last thing you ate? 
Shrimp creole, we made a pot last night
- name a dish that's a tradition in your country that other's might not know? 
If you don't know too much about the south then crawfish, pecan candy and maybe jambalaya
- Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking? 
Yes I enjoy simple things
- Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc? 
Chef paul, reason why is cause he helped to inspired my teacher to cook
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods? 
Savory, sorry guys but things like frosting make me gag, I don't know what it is Bout the taste but I can never stand it.
- Anything else you'd like to ask the group?

Give me a sec Leia wolfe
If you want art pm me and we can talk.
this is a song for if any of my friends are going through tough times https://youtu.be/JESuKSbqkIc
hi every one, if you haven't met me then i'm not a stranger, just a friend you haven't met yet ^-^
feel free to vent to me, i promise that i won't tell any one or laugh, and i might vent a little back if i understand where your coming from
Mood ; happy

hi i'm origami XD but you can call me (G-16)
i'm a dude/ I am a typical American/ and here's a riddle :
I have deceived you for your whole life, you learn me from childhood but you only see parts of me where parts of me are not and sometimes don't see me at all:if youpm me the right answer then i'll give you a free pet
[color=#0000FF]ps if you want to know the previous riddle pm me to ask.
watch this video, no regerts. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ow ... n=918154df
Origami XD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Sun May 07, 2017 4:04 am

so i'm cooking lunch for my family of four today, and i was wondering what i could make? we're indian-american and i'm planning on making american food or mexican food.

my mom is a vegetarian and my sister is allergic to fish, so nothing there. i can make a separate dish for my mom though.

i was thinking on making pasta of some sort? but i myself don't really like it so i'm stuck.
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Origami XD » Sun May 07, 2017 4:11 am

https://youtu.be/GkvKAKLpuqI

For wolfe

And if you'd like I'd help you brain storm mocha
You could make guacamole and tacos

And what's wrong with the pasta?
If you want art pm me and we can talk.
this is a song for if any of my friends are going through tough times https://youtu.be/JESuKSbqkIc
hi every one, if you haven't met me then i'm not a stranger, just a friend you haven't met yet ^-^
feel free to vent to me, i promise that i won't tell any one or laugh, and i might vent a little back if i understand where your coming from
Mood ; happy

hi i'm origami XD but you can call me (G-16)
i'm a dude/ I am a typical American/ and here's a riddle :
I have deceived you for your whole life, you learn me from childhood but you only see parts of me where parts of me are not and sometimes don't see me at all:if youpm me the right answer then i'll give you a free pet
[color=#0000FF]ps if you want to know the previous riddle pm me to ask.
watch this video, no regerts. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ow ... n=918154df
Origami XD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me