☛ Food 4 thought ☚ - A Food discussion thread!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ☛ Food 4 thought ☚ - A Food discussion thread!

Postby ru. » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:12 am

Cupcakes are fun to make!
I also like baking cookies because they're fairly easy to experiment with and it's pretty hard to go wrong. Every year around autumn/winter, I make frosted maple cookies that are delicious!

@Pachoopi: Banana pudding cookies sound delicious! I've never made anything like that.

@K9: Banana bread is a favorite for me too! Do you ever make zucchini bread?

K9. wrote:By sweets do you mean sweet pastries etc or do you mean like hard boiled sweets?

I mean most anything sweet. So, hard boiled sweets, pastries, chocolate candies, etc. c:
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:15 am

ruma wrote:
Cupcakes are fun to make!
I also like baking cookies because they're fairly easy to experiment with and it's pretty hard to go wrong. Every year around autumn/winter, I make frosted maple cookies that are delicious!

@Pachoopi: Banana pudding cookies sound delicious! I've never made anything like that.

@K9: Banana bread is a favorite for me too! Do you ever make zucchini bread?

K9. wrote:By sweets do you mean sweet pastries etc or do you mean like hard boiled sweets?

I mean most anything sweet. So, hard boiled sweets, pastries, chocolate candies, etc. c:

Frosted maple cookies sound divine! Do you have a recipe?
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K9. » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:16 am

@Ruma - I've never tried zucchini bread, what's it like? I can't imagine zucchini being in a bread so that's really interesting.
I'm also a sucker for these 'Tasty' recipes on facebook/instagram. When I'm hungry or looking for inspiration, I go to them.

@KittyWhiskers - I'll second that, I want to make Frosted maple cookies! They sound like the bee's knees! haha.
K9.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:18 am

K9. wrote:
@Ruma - I've never tried zucchini bread, what's it like? I can't imagine zucchini being in a bread so that's really interesting.
I'm also a sucker for these 'Tasty' recipes on facebook/instagram. When I'm hungry or looking for inspiration, I go to them.

@KittyWhiskers - I'll second that, I want to make Frosted maple cookies! They sound like the bee's knees! haha.

I've got some Maple Bacon syrup my family might want to incorporate into those, though. Wonder how that would taste.
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:24 am

Those seem similar to the ones that I make! Once I get home later, I'll dig up my recipe and share it with you guys! They're super soft and delicious:D

K9. wrote:

It's almost a bit like banana bread. It's super moist and you can eat it the same way that you would eat banana bread. I have a few good recipes! It's made with shredded zucchini, but I don't think that it really tastes like zucchini. If you're interested in making it, I could get some recipes for you! ^^

I haven't heard of "Tasty" but now that you mentioned them, I'm totally going to follow them. I can never have enough random food stuff to look at, haha
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K9. » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:54 am

Oh that sounds amazing! If you could then I'd be forever thankful haha! Chef Ruma!
K9.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexa-the-wolf » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Random question. If fudge has been in the freezer for 8 months, is it still good?
I'm a dog musher, in the United States. I mostly do sprint but plan on doing a few mid-distance races.
Lexa-the-wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K9. » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:23 pm

Lexa-warrior wrote:Random question. If fudge has been in the freezer for 8 months, is it still good?

Well any food that's been frozen should only be kept for 2-3 months before disposed of but I wouldn't worry too much about fudge since it is only sugars/caramel. If it's been kept in an air tight container, maybe get it out and let it defrost. If it smells and looks editable you can try it and see but a lot of people wouldn't suggest to do it.
I would check it out before throwing it away but just be careful haha.
It depends how picky you are and how far your willing to go to see if it's ok. ^.^ good luck on your mission friend haha
K9.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:44 pm

Hey guys random question, do you know any good recipes using carp? My dad and i are going fishing and carp are plentifully there.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups