HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What's your least favourite subject?

Languages
12%
Mathematics
47%
Sciences
9%
World history/geography
21%
Other
11%

Total votes : 793

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby Celeritas~ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Hey! So I'm just posting to mark and keep an eye on this thread, but also to put myself out there as someone who is totally willing to help with stuff.
I'm a graduate student working toward a PhD in astrophysics, and have 3 Bachelors of Science (math, physics, and astronomy), so if anyone needs help with that kind of thing (can also help with: college applications/college prep/really any basic undergraduate-or-lower other topics), don't hesitate to contact me if you need one-on-one, individualized help with problems, generalized tutoring for a subject, or are just uncomfortable posting here. :3
Insofar as other "credentials" (if you can call it that on a pet site) go, I started and was president of the tutoring program way back in high school, and was head tutor at my undergraduate university's homework help center. Nowadays I'm found offering my time at office hours for undergraduates at my school when I'm not working on my own stuff, or teaching and/or TAing for classes.
So I have a little experience with homework help, I suppose x3

<3
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent, and original manner possible. ~ Richard Feynman
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ImageImage
and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free
Celeritas~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:08 am

Celeritas~ wrote:Hey! So I'm just posting to mark and keep an eye on this thread, but also to put myself out there as someone who is totally willing to help with stuff.
I'm a graduate student working toward a PhD in astrophysics, and have 3 Bachelors of Science (math, physics, and astronomy), so if anyone needs help with that kind of thing (can also help with: college applications/college prep/really any basic undergraduate-or-lower other topics), don't hesitate to contact me if you need one-on-one, individualized help with problems, generalized tutoring for a subject, or are just uncomfortable posting here. :3
Insofar as other "credentials" (if you can call it that on a pet site) go, I started and was president of the tutoring program way back in high school, and was head tutor at my undergraduate university's homework help center. Nowadays I'm found offering my time at office hours for undergraduates at my school when I'm not working on my own stuff, or teaching and/or TAing for classes.
So I have a little experience with homework help, I suppose x3

<3

Nice! I suppose you would like to be one of the "active helpers?" If not, pM me, meanwhile i Will add you there with your specialities. C: welcome to the thread!
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby username by me » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:12 am

Lovely thread. I would love to use this once and a while.
...............Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
...............Our deepest fear is that we are powerful
...............beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness
...............that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I
...............to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
...............Actually, who are we not to be?
...............~Marianne Williamson
username by me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satyrn. » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:05 am

Defo marking since i WILL need this,especially when school starts back up for me next month^
    contact me on my toyhouse satyrn
    inactive on most social media/engaging sites including this one aside from art and events.
    artfight is also satyrn, just for reference.
    xxxx - icon
satyrn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabid_Jaguar » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:28 pm

This thread seems nice. <3 I'd love to help out here once the questions start coming in!
Rabid_Jaguar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elevator » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:35 pm

TYPE OF QUESTION:science)
YOUR QUESTION:i know this, but not 100% sure, I wish to determine the difference between a molecular compound, an ionic compound, and a poly atomic compound- like as in how are the three different? I always get mixed up- thanks to anyone that helps! This is for some summer homework. C: sorry if this question is too simple, or anything I do have some troubles when remembering o,0
Elevator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:08 am

Elevator wrote:
YOUR QUESTION:i know this, but not 100% sure, I wish to determine the difference between a molecular compound, an ionic compound, and a poly atomic compound- like as in how are the three different? I always get mixed up- thanks to anyone that helps! This is for some summer homework. C: sorry if this question is too simple, or anything I do have some troubles when remembering o,0

no worries, everyone has troubles with something's at some point of their life.
This question is quite simple:

A ionic compound is a compound formed when a non-metal and a metal bond together. ( non metals are on the right of the periodic table, and metals are on the left side.)
A poly atomic compound is an ion that is made of more than one atom, but acts as one pure substance-for example (PO4)3- (phosphores and oxygen) their charge is shared, because neither atoms can hold their own electrons without falling apart.
A molecular compound is a pure substance formed when TWO non metals bond together. For example, H2O, CO2...etc.
Hope this helped elevator!
For help with naming these compounds, feel free to post another question, or contact me, or one of the active helpers one on one! C:
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:39 pm

Up! Anyone else need help? C: want to give dorm advice! Post it here or send me a Pm! Front page will be updated with writing tips, and many useful sites for reference. C:
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elevator » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:42 pm

Waki wrote:
Elevator wrote:

no worries, everyone has troubles with something's at some point of their life.
This question is quite simple:

A ionic compound is a compound formed when a non-metal and a metal bond together. ( non metals are on the right of the periodic table, and metals are on the left side.)
A poly atomic compound is an ion that is made of more than one atom, but acts as one pure substance-for example (PO4)3- (phosphores and oxygen) their charge is shared, because neither atoms can hold their own electrons without falling apart.
A molecular compound is a pure substance formed when TWO non metals bond together. For example, H2O, CO2...etc.
Hope this helped elevator!
For help with naming these compounds, feel free to post another question, or contact me, or one of the active helpers one on one! C:

OMG TANKYOU THANKYOSO MUCH I couldn't understand anything they had on Google, so I asked here. Thanks waki! And thanks to everyone that comes to his thread!!! XDXDXD
Elevator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:23 am

^ no problem elevator! Have any more questions, feel free to throw'em on this thread! C:
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me