☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

Postby Daim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:36 am

.Spearow. wrote:

Ohhh I've heard bad things about valium. Both it being addictive(?) and that it can be a little altering depending on the person, I would reccommend some hot tea (of you like tea), maybe some ginger tea (it helps with stress!), I personally love jasmine, oolong & vanilla tea (not french vanilla) and take your melatonin, (I personally take organic strawberry disolvable tablets) not because they are organic, but because they taste good and enter your body slowly, allowing you to wind down and watch some tv or read until you feel relaxed and not zombified or out of control of your body. Also, these are the only melatonin that don't make me feel like a zombie :/ I felt like crap after taking white metaonin pills (in the orange transprent bottles by nature something) that hit you like a truck.

Im only allowed to take my valium every 3 days (because it can be addictive), but because it kinda gives me bad dreams i only take it about once a week. I take pure melatonin now and it works so much better than some other medicine i took before which was supposed to be melatonin but it contained residues of other stuff or something and it made me soo depressed and i could barely eat nor sleep when i took it. i was basically a zombie?? so i can relate to that feeling.

i love tea tho so i will try the kinds that you wrote down and maybe take a lower dose of the melatonin so maybe that could help? thanks!
Selling everything for Flight Rising! Check my trading rules :)
Daim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:40 am

Daim wrote:
.Spearow. wrote:

Ohhh I've heard bad things about valium. Both it being addictive(?) and that it can be a little altering depending on the person, I would reccommend some hot tea (of you like tea), maybe some ginger tea (it helps with stress!), I personally love jasmine, oolong & vanilla tea (not french vanilla) and take your melatonin, (I personally take organic strawberry disolvable tablets) not because they are organic, but because they taste good and enter your body slowly, allowing you to wind down and watch some tv or read until you feel relaxed and not zombified or out of control of your body. Also, these are the only melatonin that don't make me feel like a zombie :/ I felt like crap after taking white metaonin pills (in the orange transprent bottles by nature something) that hit you like a truck.

Im only allowed to take my valium every 3 days (because it can be addictive), but because it kinda gives me bad dreams i only take it about once a week. I take pure melatonin now and it works so much better than some other medicine i took before which was supposed to be melatonin but it contained residues of other stuff or something and it made me soo depressed and i could barely eat nor sleep when i took it. i was basically a zombie?? so i can relate to that feeling.

i love tea tho so i will try the kinds that you wrote down and maybe take a lower dose of the melatonin so maybe that could help? thanks!

You're welcome no problem! I will say I haven't tried the ginger tea yet, and you can also buy ginger supplements for anxiety (a friend of mine takes these because she is on seizure medication and cannot mix the medications). But my brother swears by it, and I plan on trying it :3 I'm worried about the taste! Haha
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:44 am

.Spearow. wrote:
You're welcome no problem! I will say I haven't tried the ginger tea yet, and you can also buy ginger supplements for anxiety (a friend of mine takes these because she is on seizure medication and cannot mix the medications). But my brother swears by it, and I plan on trying it :3 I'm worried about the taste! Haha

yeah hahah ginger is really disgusting. but if it helps its probably worth it. will definitely get some and try it tomorrow night!
Selling everything for Flight Rising! Check my trading rules :)
Daim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:50 am

Daim wrote:
.Spearow. wrote:

yeah hahah ginger is really disgusting. but if it helps its probably worth it. will definitely get some and try it tomorrow night!

Aw man now I'm more worried to try it lol I chose cranberry tea last time I went shopping and oooml its so so bad could not finsh a cup. I love cranberries, I can't remember I think it was tart tart tart xD

I tried peach tea recently and it was o-k with milk added. Blueberry tea smells delicious but tastes like liquid blueberries and I hate blueberries, but usually like blueberry flavored things haha
Hot tea is usually hit or miss xD
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾Need input!

Postby Spearow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 am

@Entire thread

Can you guys take a minute to help me?

Alright you guys want a mascot! So then, what will it be?
    *I will purchase the art to have this character made! And he/she will be the mascot for our thread. So I will not be using one of my own characters, this is going to be one us insomniacs/and anyone else who follows the thread decides on together!

Code: Select all
Name;
Optional if you have one in mind!

Sex;
Female
Male
Nonbinary

Species;
(Specify if you would prefer a cub or kitten if you choose one of the first two)
-Canine-dog or wolf
-Feline- domesticated cat or wild cat (specify preferred species!)
-Owl-specified desired species!
-Dragon- specify if you wish
-Mouse or rat-specify if you wish
-other-specify

Color scheme:
-bright colors
-natural colors
-secondary colors (sorry I cannot handle primary colored characters)
-what colors specifically?

Any other ideas/suggestions;

▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾Need input!

Postby Spearow » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:50 pm

Well no one replied to help with the mascot, so that kind of bums me out.

If no one has any input I'll just decide myself.

but

Does anyone like this fella I designed?
    -lines not by me, design is-
    male cat~

feel free to fill out the form on the front page or make suggestions
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾ [Pos mascot last page]

Postby allium » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:13 pm

@.Spearow.
The cat is pretty cute!
I do custom character commissions in my artshop, if you want another option?
You can check it out here: The Insomniac's Workshop
if you don't have good intentions,
please just leave me alone. i'm tired.
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:17 am

//_Asher_// wrote:@.Spearow.
The cat is pretty cute!
I do custom character commissions in my artshop, if you want another option?
You can check it out here: The Insomniac's Workshop

Thank you for the offer, but ai cannot afford art that costs usd. ^^, am dirt poor

Lovely art though.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luminosity » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:24 am

if you want you can give me some basic traits for the character and ill draw it for free. no money required ^^
hi i’m gigi !

she/they
gemini ☼ gemini ☾ cancer ↑
astrology enthusist, film photographer, all things ow & fanf

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

its been a long time since I’ve been active on here. please be patient thx!
luminosity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Okay, hello, I'm Worst, and that mascot is heckin' adorable. Maybe add some more insomnia-/night-themed stuff to his design (like really tired, baggy, bloodshot eyes; a yellowed, stained cup of coffee; and a watch set to 3:35 AM)?

I'm pretty sure I'm not an insomniac, just bad at sleeping, though I should probably do more research on all that. I take 1 to 3 hours to fall asleep, wake up about once per night at 3 or 4 AM, and I wake up between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. I'm usually only tired until about 10 in the morning. My dad's the same, and my mom is a slightly better sleeper. (Not sure why I felt like telling y'all that, but eh.)

Anyways, how's everyone doing? Also, kinda random, but are any of you artists or writers?
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me