☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

Postby Artxine » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:22 am

Ugh, spent the whole night awake :lol:
Artxine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:46 am

There are others like me o:

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?
It's really hard to say, because every night is different. But I'm just gonna say around 6-7-ish hours, but that's a good night. I've been sleeping a whole lot better lately though. c: Though lately I've been waking up at 5:30 am or so because of that, but I tend to fall asleep around 11 pm. I almost always wake up feeling like I haven't slept (like right now even though I slept the whole night last night), or get sudden waves of feeling weak. I have a lot of trouble falling asleep, and falling back asleep as well.
And I just LOVE when I wake up at 1:30 am in the morning and I'm unable to fall back asleep for hours so by the time I actually do, it's like 6:45 am, but then I wake up again at 7:30. (I just stay in bed for another hour or so though to relax)
I've taken naps as well (only if a cat's on my lap so I can't actually move because I'll feel terrible for kicking them off) but they just make me feel worse than I was before. (I can't be the only one, right?) Car naps are okay-ish though c: There was a time where I couldn't fall asleep in the car no matter what, but I think I'm just so exhausted all the time that my body has given up or something.
To be honest, at this point, sleeping at this point is kind of a luck-of-the-draw kind of thing.

Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep?
Yeah, sometimes. Just simple things though, like seeing someone in the corner of my eye, but when I look no one is actually there, or I hear voices or various sounds, or maybe I see some animal or mistake an object for a dog that's not really there. The worst though was probably when I was in the store, and I got the sensation I was falling backwards, it scared my mom when I told her, but I didn't think it was that bad. That was from like, five nights of barely any sleep in a row.

How long have you suffered from insomnia?
Maybe about a year and a half. I used to be able to sleep through anything, but now the simplest thing wakes me. I haven't been diagnosed or anything though, this could all just be anxiety (which I guess I may worry a little about small things sometimes). I pretty much have permanent dark circles under my eye as well, I look like a raccoon at times. :p
I've tried things like melatonin pills, but those didn't help whatsoever and they gave me a killer headache, in fact I pretty much have headaches all the time and nothing helps them. For a while I was taking benadryl to help but it quickly got to the point where I couldn't fall asleep without taking a pill (and I would still feel terrible the next day), so I got myself to stop, I just had to not sleep for a few nights.
I have a long list of requirements for me to have the chance to fall asleep, like I have to have a blanket (even if it's really hot), and it has to touch my face and cover my neck, and both arms have to be covered as well. I pretty much have to sleep on my stomach, and I have to gently move my right foot back and forth to relax (?) me, if that makes sense. This one is probably the weirdest, but I have to close both my eyes at the exact same time, because if I don't, the eye I closed first will feel heavier than the one I closed last, and it will bother me to no end.
The two good things about staying up all night though is 1: I can listen to music, and 2: I can daydream for hours (I love daydreaming, I do it all the time) c:

Sorry if I talked too much, I guess I tend to talk a lot when I'm tired (plus I like talking haha) c:

♫ Currently living on the air in Cincinnati ♫

| xxx |
Featured Song: Please Mr. Postman - The Marvelettes
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artxine » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:16 am

Shooting Stars wrote:
There are others like me o:

It's really hard to say, because every night is different. But I'm just gonna say around 6-7-ish hours, but that's a good night. I've been sleeping a whole lot better lately though. c: Though lately I've been waking up at 5:30 am or so because of that, but I tend to fall asleep around 11 pm. I almost always wake up feeling like I haven't slept (like right now even though I slept the whole night last night), or get sudden waves of feeling weak. I have a lot of trouble falling asleep, and falling back asleep as well.
And I just LOVE when I wake up at 1:30 am in the morning and I'm unable to fall back asleep for hours so by the time I actually do, it's like 6:45 am, but then I wake up again at 7:30. (I just stay in bed for another hour or so though to relax)
I've taken naps as well (only if a cat's on my lap so I can't actually move because I'll feel terrible for kicking them off) but they just make me feel worse than I was before. (I can't be the only one, right?) Car naps are okay-ish though c: There was a time where I couldn't fall asleep in the car no matter what, but I think I'm just so exhausted all the time that my body has given up or something.
To be honest, at this point, sleeping at this point is kind of a luck-of-the-draw kind of thing.

Yeah, sometimes. Just simple things though, like seeing someone in the corner of my eye, but when I look no one is actually there, or I hear voices or various sounds, or maybe I see some animal or mistake an object for a dog that's not really there. The worst though was probably when I was in the store, and I got the sensation I was falling backwards, it scared my mom when I told her, but I didn't think it was that bad. That was from like, five nights of barely any sleep in a row.

Maybe about a year and a half. I used to be able to sleep through anything, but now the simplest thing wakes me. I haven't been diagnosed or anything though, this could all just be anxiety (which I guess I may worry a little about small things sometimes). I pretty much have permanent dark circles under my eye as well, I look like a raccoon at times. :p
I've tried things like melatonin pills, but those didn't help whatsoever and they gave me a killer headache, in fact I pretty much have headaches all the time and nothing helps them. For a while I was taking benadryl to help but it quickly got to the point where I couldn't fall asleep without taking a pill (and I would still feel terrible the next day), so I got myself to stop, I just had to not sleep for a few nights.
I have a long list of requirements for me to have the chance to fall asleep, like I have to have a blanket (even if it's really hot), and it has to touch my face and cover my neck, and both arms have to be covered as well. I pretty much have to sleep on my stomach, and I have to gently move my right foot back and forth to relax (?) me, if that makes sense. This one is probably the weirdest, but I have to close both my eyes at the exact same time, because if I don't, the eye I closed first will feel heavier than the one I closed last, and it will bother me to no end.
The two good things about staying up all night though is 1: I can listen to music, and 2: I can daydream for hours (I love daydreaming, I do it all the time) c:

Sorry if I talked too much, I guess I tend to talk a lot when I'm tired (plus I like talking haha) c:

I totally understand the requirements thing. I literally cannot fall asleep without a blanket :lol:
Artxine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dxrmon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:44 am

I think my insomnia is coming back, i woke up randomly in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep, i have been really depressed lately so i think thats why.
dxrmon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DECALIUS » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:09 am

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night? around 5-6 hours
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? yeah i keep seeing people that aren't there
How long have you suffered from insomnia? 2 years

⛧🜏 neo 🜏⛧
he/him
DECALIUS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 am

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night? right now about 7-8 because i take so much valium and melatonin but if i dont take my meds i get about 3 hours of sleep at best.
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? yeah, it happens a lot tbh. especially when im stressed.
How long have you suffered from insomnia? uuh...5 years maybe?

Does anyone have any tips for when you dont want to take your meds but still want to be able to at least rest for a few hours? Sometimes i just dont feel like taking them bc i feel so altered you know. Ive tried so many things but yeah..what works best for you guys?
Selling everything for Flight Rising! Check my trading rules :)
Daim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:02 am

Daim wrote:How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night? right now about 7-8 because i take so much valium and melatonin but if i dont take my meds i get about 3 hours of sleep at best.
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? yeah, it happens a lot tbh. especially when im stressed.
How long have you suffered from insomnia? uuh...5 years maybe?

Does anyone have any tips for when you dont want to take your meds but still want to be able to at least rest for a few hours? Sometimes i just dont feel like taking them bc i feel so altered you know. Ive tried so many things but yeah..what works best for you guys?

What kind of meds are you talking about? Prescribed or over the counter like Melatonin? (:
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daim » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:21 am

.Spearow. wrote:

What kind of meds are you talking about? Prescribed or over the counter like Melatonin? (:

ive got a prescription for both melatonin and valium (diazepam). sometimes i only take one of them, and sometimes i take both. (when i need to sleep)
Selling everything for Flight Rising! Check my trading rules :)
Daim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾POLL ADDED

Postby rum » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:26 am

Around 2-4 hours, occasionally I can go up to 6 hours, but that's honestly very rare.
Not exactly, although I do have this thing where sometimes I have small, few second "white-outs" where everything is only white. Usually on very bad weeks when I don't really sleep at all. I've also heard very distinct sounds that never actually happened.
Pretty much my whole life, must've been a nightmare when I was a baby lmao
rum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:27 am

Daim wrote:
.Spearow. wrote:

ive got a prescription for both melatonin and valium (diazepam). sometimes i only take one of them, and sometimes i take both. (when i need to sleep)

Ohhh I've heard bad things about valium. Both it being addictive(?) and that it can be a little altering depending on the person, I would reccommend some hot tea (of you like tea), maybe some ginger tea (it helps with stress!), I personally love jasmine, oolong & vanilla tea (not french vanilla) and take your melatonin, (I personally take organic strawberry disolvable tablets) not because they are organic, but because they taste good and enter your body slowly, allowing you to wind down and watch some tv or read until you feel relaxed and not zombified or out of control of your body. Also, these are the only melatonin that don't make me feel like a zombie :/ I felt like crap after taking white metaonin pills (in the orange transprent bottles by nature something) that hit you like a truck.

Here is what it looks like! You can get different doses of it, 1mg, 3mg, 5mg, and 10mg. Sorry for the massive picture. Oml
recommended melatonin wrote:-snip-
Last edited by Spearow on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓