☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

Postby allium » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:21 am

@Spearow
Same oml ;-;
It's evening where i am, And I've been just exhausted all day, even with a can of monster. I'm about to go in for a surgery on my foot though, so i guess i can nap then :'>
if you don't have good intentions,
please just leave me alone. i'm tired.
allium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:21 am

//_Asher_// wrote:@Spearow
Same oml ;-;
It's evening where i am, And I've been just exhausted all day, even with a can of monster. I'm about to go in for a surgery on my foot though, so i guess i can nap then :'>

Oh, how did the surgery go? I need to get my foot fixed also it never healed right after I broke it. >_< Finally Saturday I got to sleep in a little
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Porcelaine » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:26 pm

What does it mean if I'm not tired? I know I should be sleeping, but as soon as I think of falling asleep, I'm automatically filled with energy and my body is wired to stay awake.

This has been going on for the past month or so, I average 4 hours max, and wake up. I've always woken up in the middle of night but I've easily lulled myself back to sleep. Lately however, I can't - if I fall asleep at midnight, I wake up at 4am, and I lie there softly breathing waiting for the sun to come up.

I don't have a lack of energy during the day though, and I don't feel exhausted.

It's so odd for me because I love sleeping and use to be able to sleep well into the late afternoon if I was left to it. I'd even take naps, etc. Now, not so much.
[list]Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Need Help? -Get to know me - Characters

Hi there lovie, I'm Porcelaine
I'm always open to friendly folk, feel free to send me a hello!

The Adopt a Newbie program is constantly looking for volunteers to apply to help guide a new member!

I'm not as active as other members, my replies may take a while. Thank you for your patience!

Kindness is no virtue, but a common duty.
Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wylie.is.lit » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 pm

How long have I suffered from Insomnia?

It's been since about last summer, maybe a year ago.

How many hours of sleep do you get on an average night?

Maybe four or five.
bröther may i have some öats
-wylie
wylie.is.lit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby benwes » Thu May 04, 2017 8:20 am

Hey! I need help/ support for my Mother. We both have insomnia, but it has also mentally affected what time she goes to sleep. She got medicine a few years ago that allowed her to fall asleep almost instantly when she takes it, but she still goes to sleep at about 8am every (night) by choice. She claims that she wants to get on a better schedule, but always rebounds. She claims its the only alone time she gets, but she ends up not being productive at night and then she sleeps until 4pm every day. Its affecting our whole family. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
benwes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marinara sauce » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:36 pm

How many people do you know suffer or have suffered from insomnia?
        I don't know any, but I'm sure at least one person I know does.
        How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?
        I usually force myself to sleep at 1-3 am, but I'm unsure if I have insomnia or not, lol

.Spearow. wrote:
Symptoms of Insomnia

There are several symptoms of insomnia. Some more common symptoms are as follows:
☾ Waking up too early in the morning.
☾ Feeling like you haven't slept once you've woken.
☾ Trouble concentrating.
☾ Fatigue.
☾ Trouble falling asleep, and/or staying asleep.
☾ Mood changes, irritability.

the ones bolded are symptoms I have, but I still don't know. Sometimes I can fall asleep at 8-10pm, other times I stay up and just can't, I feel tired, but it's just kind of "impossible" to sleep

totally just didn't accidentally realize the last post was in may
marinara sauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tainted~Wings » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:04 am

How many people do you know suffer or have suffered from insomnia?
I only know of one who isn't truly diagnosed but he shows all of the symptoms
How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?
8hrs at night with about 8 during the day. I happen to be narcoleptic
Tainted~Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:02 pm

.Spearow. wrote:
//_Asher_// wrote:@Spearow
Same oml ;-;

Oh, how did the surgery go? I need to get my foot fixed also it never healed right after I broke it. >_< Finally Saturday I got to sleep in a little

It went well thank you! ♥ I just took a spell of hiatus over summer because of some other things. (:

Porcelaine wrote:What does it mean if I'm not tired? I know I should be sleeping, but as soon as I think of falling asleep, I'm automatically filled with energy and my body is wired to stay awake.

This has been going on for the past month or so, I average 4 hours max, and wake up. I've always woken up in the middle of night but I've easily lulled myself back to sleep. Lately however, I can't - if I fall asleep at midnight, I wake up at 4am, and I lie there softly breathing waiting for the sun to come up.

I don't have a lack of energy during the day though, and I don't feel exhausted.

It's so odd for me because I love sleeping and use to be able to sleep well into the late afternoon if I was left to it. I'd even take naps, etc. Now, not so much.

I get that feeling. Lately I have been waking up like every hour, feeling like I've blinked. Its awful and leaves you exhausted. ;-;

benwes wrote:Hey! I need help/ support for my Mother. We both have insomnia, but it has also mentally affected what time she goes to sleep. She got medicine a few years ago that allowed her to fall asleep almost instantly when she takes it, but she still goes to sleep at about 8am every (night) by choice. She claims that she wants to get on a better schedule, but always rebounds. She claims its the only alone time she gets, but she ends up not being productive at night and then she sleeps until 4pm every day. Its affecting our whole family. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Yep I've been there done that. But on the dealing side and not the receiving side, not as a mother though. Honestly it feels like it is our problem, when really it affects everyone and makes people angry. And they should be angry, I get it if you are. In my opinion she has to make the decision herself, make her realize the impact it is having. Wanting to be awake all night because it feels like a safe-space in my experience, and I say my because in hers it may be different. It was my alone time away from family members who stressed me out etc. I also have depression though, and am really anti-social. By no means am I saying your mom is avoiding you, but maybe talk to her about it or make her feel safe around you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question for the board, does the front page need re-vamped? To look more organized or is it okay. And should the font color be changed/is it too bright.

Thanks. ^^ Might put a poll on the front.
    Nah not doing a poll. Just tell me on here or in a pm? Thanks for any input on the thread layout. I haven't edited it since I made it in 2015 xD
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dxrmon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:50 pm

i dont know if it was insomnia but a few weeks ago i would always wake up at about 3 am, everynight.
it has stopped but i still wonder about it, it would be impossible to go back to sleep after i woke up though.
it went on for about a week and suddenly stopped, i just recently moved and the experience was really hard for me, would that have something to do with it?
dxrmon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:01 pm

suburbia. wrote:
i dont know if it was insomnia but a few weeks ago i would always wake up at about 3 am, everynight.
it has stopped but i still wonder about it, it would be impossible to go back to sleep after i woke up though.
it went on for about a week and suddenly stopped, i just recently moved and the experience was really hard for me, would that have something to do with it?

Yes stress can absolutely interfere with your sleep! You may be adjusting to the new home. And/or your mind may subconsciously be getting used to the move. Most of the time insomnia is linked to stress and anxiety.

Literally me at 4am:
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓