☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

Postby Spearow » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:52 am

☾ 𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔫𝔦𝔞 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔫𝔦𝔞𝔠𝔰 ☾

Hello, I made this thread to meet some fellow insomniacs here on CS, and to hopefully get some discussion going. You do not have to be an insomniac to post and discuss on here. Anyone is welcome. ^^ I've added some information and discussion questions below.

Spearow wrote:--> New mascot!! He has not yet been named,
feel free to make a suggestion!

𝔡𝔢𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰;

What is Insomnia?

Insomnia is a sleeping disorder when you often have trouble falling asleep and/or staying asleep through the night.
What is an Insomniac?

An insomniac is simply a person who suffers from Insomnia.

𝔠𝔞𝔲𝔰𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔶𝔭𝔢𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔫𝔦𝔞;

What causes Insomnia?
Primary Insomnia

☾ Long-lasting stress and/or emotional upset. Primary Insomnia is in its own, a distinct disorder. The exact cause is unknown.
Secondary Insomnia

☾ Often caused by family problems, stress at work, or a traumatic event.
☾ Medical conditions, medicines.

𝔰𝔶𝔪𝔭𝔱𝔬𝔪𝔰;

Symptoms of Insomnia

There are several symptoms of insomnia. Some more common symptoms are as follows:
☾ Waking up too early in the morning.
☾ Feeling like you haven't slept once you've woken.
☾ Trouble concentrating.
☾ Fatigue.
☾ Trouble falling asleep, and/or staying asleep.
☾ Mood changes, irritability.

Other Information

☾ Insomnia can be cured, and there are sleep aids you can try that do not require visiting a doctor. Melatonin is an all natural, common sleep-aiding medicine you can get at most stores.
☾ Lack of sleep can cause you to have frequent headaches and sometimes, hallucinations.
☾ Insomnia and anxiety disorders often tend to go hand in hand.

𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔲𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰;

Some questions you can feel free to answer, or post your own. ^^

For Insomniacs
How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep?
How long have you suffered from insomnia?

Code: Select all
[b]How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?[/b]
[b]Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep?[/b]
[b]How long have you suffered from insomnia?[/b]

For Anyone
How many people do you know suffer or have suffered from insomnia?

Code: Select all
[b]How many people do you know suffer or have suffered from insomnia?[/b]
[b]How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?[/b]

Feel free to have any sort of discussion relating to the topic. :)
Please no one-worded posts. ^^,
Last edited by Spearow on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 am, edited 18 times in total.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

Postby Spearow » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:53 am

using this as a place holder now
Last edited by Spearow on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:45 pm

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?: Between 6 and 7 thanks to sleep aids :)
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? No, but I have frequent headaches as well as migraines, but the migraines are a separate issue.
How long have you suffered from insomnia? For the last 3-4 years, I'd say.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Furry Fandom » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:29 am

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night? Bad nights from 2 to 4. Good nights 5 to 7. Terrible nights I just stay up all night tired, but not sleepy. I've no "average" number really, it is constantly changing. I toss and turn so much that I can never fall asleep without meds, and most don't work.
I refuse to use heavy prescription medication like my mom since she's basically addicted now on a very high dose.

Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? Yes. It usually is me spacing out badly to where I can't hear people around me and I blank out, it is different from my mental shifts. Been known to see things from lack of sleep or hear things.

How long have you suffered from insomnia? Ahh hell, since I was an early teen I'd guess. It is when my mental problems started hitting me bad and stress was ever increasing. Just gets worse year to year.

How many people do you know suffer or have suffered from insomnia? Everyone in my family has trouble sleep. Mom, dad, grandma are all on prescription sleeping meds, uncle on mom's side takes them. Pretty sure my grandpa had trouble too.

It is so bad I feel guilty keeping my fiancee up all night because I can't sleep. It gets really hard to function at work too. I try to nap but it is useless anymore. Feel more tired afterwards. I need to talk to my doc about it but I refuse to get a prescription for it so idk honestly.

I'm not on here much anymore to talk, just trade.
Willing to do FR trades.
Don't message me. I'll rarely respond to trades sent to me unless I asked for them.
The Furry Fandom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:25 am

morifarty wrote:
How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?: Between 6 and 7 thanks to sleep aids :)
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? No, but I have frequent headaches as well as migraines, but the migraines are a separate issue.
How long have you suffered from insomnia? For the last 3-4 years, I'd say.

I get bad headaches from not enough sleep sometimes, last night I eventually just laid in bed until I fell asleep because I had an awful migraine that wouldn't go away. I might look into some sleeping aids if they help, three to four hours a night is catching up to me. xD I've only tried melatonin so far, which for some reason hardly affects me. : / I took it the first night while I was over at my brother's house in case it made me have any hallucinations or anything (sensitive to drugs), and it took over an hour to kick in. By the time I fell asleep it was around 1:30am or so, and I woke up the next morning at like 9am without anyone waking me up. Felt like I hadn't really slept though.
On another note, I had a cold a few weeks ago and got this cold medicine from a dollar general that had some kind of sleep aid in it. Totally knocked me out, every time I took it.

Xylom wrote:
How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night? Bad nights from 2 to 4. Good nights 5 to 7. Terrible nights I just stay up all night tired, but not sleepy. I've no "average" number really, it is constantly changing. I toss and turn so much that I can never fall asleep without meds, and most don't work.
I refuse to use heavy prescription medication like my mom since she's basically addicted now on a very high dose.

Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? Yes. It usually is me spacing out badly to where I can't hear people around me and I blank out, it is different from my mental shifts. Been known to see things from lack of sleep or hear things.

How long have you suffered from insomnia? Ahh hell, since I was an early teen I'd guess. It is when my mental problems started hitting me bad and stress was ever increasing. Just gets worse year to year.

How many people do you know suffer or have suffered from insomnia? Everyone in my family has trouble sleep. Mom, dad, grandma are all on prescription sleeping meds, uncle on mom's side takes them. Pretty sure my grandpa had trouble too.

It is so bad I feel guilty keeping my fiancee up all night because I can't sleep. It gets really hard to function at work too. I try to nap but it is useless anymore. Feel more tired afterwards. I need to talk to my doc about it but I refuse to get a prescription for it so idk honestly.

I know what you mean by no average number. I might get a little tired at 12 or so one night then the next I can be up at like 4am ready to start the next day. haha But the less sleep I get the more groggy I am throughout the day. Q.Q I've began trying to take naps during the day, so the lack of sleep at night won't affect me as much, but it can be hard to even fall asleep for a nap. Usually I just stay up until I either pass out or fall asleep. Several times I've woken up before and not remembered going to bed at all so that's lovely.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:43 am

Eh heh have to love those audio hallucinations you get when you're just too tired to stay up any longer. Am I the only one that has like, a mini panic attack when this happens? Because usually Its like this random song or something and it is for some reason the most terrifying thing. xD
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:48 am

boop
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Howl ✦ » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:06 pm

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night? I have a problem with falling asleep, not waking up, but due to not working home, 3-0 hours when it's not weekend.
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? A few times, but those things won't last too long (and I get used to it, so). Headaches are worse.
How long have you suffered from insomnia? 5 years, I guess.

Feeling sorry for people who's suffering from this.
穴だらけの羽を剥いで 飛び込め目をこじ開け
そこが泥まみれのHEAVENだろうが住めば楽園ってさ

trades
Howl ✦

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 【ichirin】 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Uhh, depends. Sometimes my sleeping habits are worst than usual. Normally around 3 or 4 hours, though.

Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep?
Nah nothing serious like that. However I have suffered from sleep paralysis; not entirely sure if that's linked, I'd have to research it.

How long have you suffered from insomnia?
Since I was really young. It's definitely gotten better over the years but there's times where it gets so bad that I can barely sleep a wink for a full week. I'm pretty sure it's linked to my anxiety disorder, of course being anxious over something can make it hard to sleep. My insomnia might've been a misdiagnosis since it was a long time ago and I was pretty young. I dunno... I really need to visit my therapist again but my mom has been too busy to take me and I'm not finished with my Driver's Ed class so I can't drive there myself >n>
════
skye | she/her | infj | lesbian
Flight Rising | OCs | Dragon Cave
════

Hi, I'm Skye! I love Touhou,
Skullgirls, Markiplier, cats, and singing.

I suffer from social anxiety problems, please
forgive me
for being curt or not responding!

ImageImage
闇 に 隠れて 罪 を は組まず
I don't hate the sins hidden in the darkness.
【ichirin】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCryptid » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:58 am

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night? on a weekday usually about 3-4 hours. On a weekend it's always different. It can be from 4 hours to about 6. On an average night I would wake up about 3 or 4 times and go back to sleep.
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? no, thankfully. But I have had head aches, and trouble concentrating and irritation.
How long have you suffered from insomnia? about 2 years. Maybe a bit less.
TheCryptid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me