Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby Larkspur1678 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 am

Vinyl, minky, and fleece are all popular options with pros and cons. Vinyl is the hardest to work with and shows seams. Minky is harder to work with than fleece, but easier than vinyl, and is very soft. Fleece is the easiest to work with, but not as soft as minky. Resin or sculpty can also be used for noses or claws, but will be solid instead of plush.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:Vinyl, minky, and fleece are all popular options with pros and cons. Vinyl is the hardest to work with and shows seams. Minky is harder to work with than fleece, but easier than vinyl, and is very soft. Fleece is the easiest to work with, but not as soft as minky. Resin or sculpty can also be used for noses or claws, but will be solid instead of plush.

Okay, thank you, do you suggest a specific one? I think I might work with Vinyl, because I am looking for results like Pocari's nose and Rainy Chaos's paw pads+nose
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:12 am

Kiwi_Fluff wrote:
Larkspur1678 wrote:Vinyl, minky, and fleece are all popular options with pros and cons. Vinyl is the hardest to work with and shows seams. Minky is harder to work with than fleece, but easier than vinyl, and is very soft. Fleece is the easiest to work with, but not as soft as minky. Resin or sculpty can also be used for noses or claws, but will be solid instead of plush.

Okay, thank you, do you suggest a specific one? I think I might work with Vinyl, because I am looking for results like Pocari's nose and Rainy Chaos's paw pads+nose

Not really, it’s mostly up to personal preference. If you want vinyl I say go for it.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:35 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:Not really, it’s mostly up to personal preference. If you want vinyl I say go for it.

Alright, thank you! c:
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zexalii » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:41 am

Does anybody know any good sources other than matrices? I like looking at as many different ways to do something before I attempt it. Thanks in advance!
Vector • he/it • adult
Zexalii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 am

Zeruff wrote:Does anybody know any good sources other than matrices? I like looking at as many different ways to do something before I attempt it. Thanks in advance!

There are quite a few good tutorials on YouTube, I advice checking Sparky !'s channel, she has a playlist of a few of her tutorials (Known as 'Good to know'). SkyeHighStudios also has tutorials, and so do a few other people on YouTube c:
Fur affinity
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:08 am

There's a fursuit LiveJournal with lots of good info but I don't have the link atm
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RaptorPup » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Username: RaptorPup
Are you a Furry or a Fan: Furry
Do you own a fursuit: Yes! My fursuit was made entirely by Golden_Cat22! I own a couple suits but Izzie is my main.
If so have any pictures:
Fave thing about the Fandom: Conventions are my favorite part! I love going out and seeing all the people I talk to online!

More about me!
My name is Adrianne, but my sonas name is Izzie! I started out playing Furcadia when I was younger and made Izzie then! She's now 10 years old! I've always dreamed of having a suit of her, but I could only afford premades. Finally I saved up enough and got her made a year and a half ago! We travel to many cons, including anime cons! You can always find my girlfriend and I at Motor City Fur Con, FurSquared, Youmacon, Anthrocon, and Mid West Fur Fest!
Last edited by Metallic Dragon on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Do not share your age or instagram as sharing personal information is not permitted here
RaptorPup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zexalii » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:40 am

Kiwi_Fluff wrote:
Zeruff wrote:Does anybody know any good sources other than matrices? I like looking at as many different ways to do something before I attempt it. Thanks in advance!

There are quite a few good tutorials on YouTube, I advice checking Sparky !'s channel, she has a playlist of a few of her tutorials (Known as 'Good to know'). SkyeHighStudios also has tutorials, and so do a few other people on YouTube c:

Thank you! I'll be sure to look at those when I get the chance
Vector • he/it • adult
Zexalii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Kira:. » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:07 am

Does anyone know makers that will make just a bodysuit (decent prices)? I have everything else, just not the body...
I would make it myself, but I don't have the time.
.:Kira:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me