Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby Palette Manokit » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:43 am

Eaglespirit wrote:-snip-
I don't know why it dissapeared....

DUDE THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME, I watched that video earlier and when I found out it was your first suit I was like daaaang, I hope I have those skills when I make my first suit lol-speaking of which do you have any tips?
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zexalii » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:46 am

Eaglespirit wrote:
Palette Manokit wrote:
Eaglespirit wrote:
Akgnohvbn
Pocari featured me ;v;
Words cannot express my feelings right now oml

image not showing...

https://sta.sh/0dgfmmxh87b

Omg congratulations! Also that suit is beautiful
Vector • he/it • adult
Zexalii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:56 am

Palette Manokit wrote:

DUDE THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME, I watched that video earlier and when I found out it was your first suit I was like daaaang, I hope I have those skills when I make my first suit lol-speaking of which do you have any tips?

Just an in general tip? Be patient and look up lots of tutorials

Also thank you all <3 I was so freaking excited when I saw the video. And in disbelief (again. Since she had messaged me for a quote and I was just as excited then) when I saw my suit in Pocari's video, I'm a fan of hers and its so surreal
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palette Manokit » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Just an in general tip? Be patient and look up lots of tutorials

Also thank you all <3 I was so freaking excited when I saw the video. And in disbelief (again. Since she had messaged me for a quote and I was just as excited then) when I saw my suit in Pocari's video, I'm a fan of hers and its so surreal

Thank you!
Commissions are currently open on DA, info here
Fur affinity
Want some free art? I currently have an art raffle going on, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwPSupW8V8
Palette Manokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miilk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:21 am

Username: Corgi Sploot
Are you a Furry or a Fan: I am a proud furry!
Do you own a fursuit: Yes, I own a finished head (will attach image) and a wip base with complete tail and paws.
If so have any pictures: Image
Fave thing about the Fandom: Making the little children smile! (And everything else c;
Art Shop
☽◯☾
they / them
one love ▽ peace,, love,, prosper
.* .✧・゚.: * .✧🧿✧. *:・゚✧. *.
miilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:38 am

Does anyone have any tips for staying cool in suit (specifically partials)? I live in an extremely hot place with a couple of cons during the summer that I'm considering suiting at, but I'm wondering if there's anything I should buy ahead of time that could help me keep from overheating.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:07 am

FLYBOY wrote:Does anyone have any tips for staying cool in suit (specifically partials)? I live in an extremely hot place with a couple of cons during the summer that I'm considering suiting at, but I'm wondering if there's anything I should buy ahead of time that could help me keep from overheating.

First of all, as someone who suited in ~100 degree weather before, if you need a break, take it. Your health is more important than 'ruining the magic' and you don't want to be the person passing out from heat stroke. Ambulances and fire trucks aren't uncommon appearances at fur cons for a reason. We had atleast 3 fire trucks, 1 ambulance, and 1 police car show up this past MFF.

A balaclava for wearing under your head is recommended, even if the head is lined it will help keep sweat from getting in your suit head. My sister is more sensitive to the heat than I am and she also has arm sleeves that keep her cool under the fursuit arms. You could also just go with an under armor shirt under whatever you're wearing with the suit. Under armor heat gear is meant to keep you cool and it comes in a variety of clothing.

A fan inside your fursuit head and/or a portable one you can use easily in suit is also great to keep you cool. I have both kinds and they're both good, its just personal preference and if you have room for a fan in your head(resin heads are easier for mounting a fan inside).

And lastly, water! Fur cons should have lots of water stations throughout, but it's not bad to also bring your own water bottle just in case. You will sweat a lot in your suit, so it's important to make sure you drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:10 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:
FLYBOY wrote:Does anyone have any tips for staying cool in suit (specifically partials)? I live in an extremely hot place with a couple of cons during the summer that I'm considering suiting at, but I'm wondering if there's anything I should buy ahead of time that could help me keep from overheating.

First of all, as someone who suited in ~100 degree weather before, if you need a break, take it. Your health is more important than 'ruining the magic' and you don't want to be the person passing out from heat stroke. Ambulances and fire trucks aren't uncommon appearances at fur cons for a reason. We had atleast 3 fire trucks, 1 ambulance, and 1 police car show up this past MFF.

A balaclava for wearing under your head is recommended, even if the head is lined it will help keep sweat from getting in your suit head. My sister is more sensitive to the heat than I am and she also has arm sleeves that keep her cool under the fursuit arms. You could also just go with an under armor shirt under whatever you're wearing with the suit. Under armor heat gear is meant to keep you cool and it comes in a variety of clothing.

A fan inside your fursuit head and/or a portable one you can use easily in suit is also great to keep you cool. I have both kinds and they're both good, its just personal preference and if you have room for a fan in your head(resin heads are easier for mounting a fan inside).

And lastly, water! Fur cons should have lots of water stations throughout, but it's not bad to also bring your own water bottle just in case. You will sweat a lot in your suit, so it's important to make sure you drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

Cool, thank you! I'll look into getting some under armor stuff & a balaclava.
Does anyone here have any experience using cooling vests or similar? I looked up some tips and saw people suggesting those, I know they have smaller collar/wrist versions that could work well with a partial but I'm not sure if they're worth it.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠just here for the rp

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Hey guys, anyone have recs for good deer suit makers? A lot I see end up a bit dog-like in the face. Stuffed Panda instantly caught my eye as well as Clockwork Creature if anyone has had any experiences with them!

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:42 am

mokuroh wrote:Hey guys, anyone have recs for good deer suit makers? A lot I see end up a bit dog-like in the face. Stuffed Panda instantly caught my eye as well as Clockwork Creature if anyone has had any experiences with them!

Are you looking for a more realistic or toony style? Or either?
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠just here for the rp

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets