Tips, Guidelines and Facts to CS

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Was This helpul for you?

Pretty much!
50%
Nah...It needs more...
50%

Total votes : 2

Tips, Guidelines and Facts to CS

Postby Naira » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Tip of the Day:
Search Function? Read more about it Here

Fact of the Day:
The Maximum number of regular long post per page, is 10!

Hello there! In this Topic, i was planning to make some Tips, for the most features on CS. So, as we know at first we must put the Forums. The other parts will have sections here, so i will make a Navigation to ease to up! If these tips are not pretty clear to you, or you need to know more, just check out the » Newbie Guide & Index «

I sent in a Help Ticket and Nick answered with this:

Forums
So when you go to the Forums, you see a long list of sections, as the first are the ''General'' ones
General

A Tip
You can always click on the Image button, so you will be able to see only the Main stuff. Like This.

The first one you see is the ''Announcements'', that's where Tess and Nick write important new stuff about CS.

Something else:
When you post somewhere on the Announcements (If they are open for posting), you can't see the posts you made, or use the ''Search Function''

On the ''Introductions'', all kinds of players (Old and New) are welcome to Introduce their selfs.

A Tip
Some of the Players who post in the Introductions give advices and Useful Links. It's good for you to check them!

There are the ''General Discussion'' with many Guides and topics like this. The ''Adults Chat'' is a place where you can look, but if it's not necessary to post if you are under that age. You can read more under it. if you speak other language or are from another country, it's okay to post in the ''International Boards.''

The ''Creativity'' Boards place, which there isn't much to explain on, so if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask.

The ''Role Play'' Boards are a bit different from the others. It's not much of a place for discussion, it's for creating your charries and playing a Role. The charries can be from movies (specific Role-plays) or OC's (Which means Original Charrie. Every Character has it's own personality and features. It can be an Animal, a SuperNatural Human or ordinary one. It really Depends on which board it's posted.
Once i saw a question about Role Playing, and my answer looked like this:
Naira wrote:It's not very hard to Role-Play, you just create your own charrie by a form, wait to be accepted and start Role-playing- How you ask....well first off, let the others understand if your charrie is talking, by putting quotation mark, like this:
[quote=''Example'']''Hello there!''- Sally greeted David

Or so everyone Role-Plays in different style. But remember, that when you want to say something out of the Role-play put thing like: ++({})++ or OOC:

But remember, to Role-play you will need a topic. It doesn't matter if it was made by you or you are joining someone else's Role-play with a form. I am suggesting you to keep watch on the Role-Play Forums, they have different categories so get to work![/quote]

You can also read the Roleplaying Guide made by emgeal. Of course, before starting to Roleplay be sure to read the Rules in every Type.

The ''Adoptables'' Section, has many types of Adoptables. They can be CS Pets, it can be a place to post your Trading Thread, make/buy custom Art or just chat about the pets.

A Tip
When you order custom Art, be sure to read the artist's Rules and fill a form (if one is needed). And remember that CS pets cannot be sell/buy for real Money.More about that, read Here You must read the CS Trade Rules

Another Tip
If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to send in a Help Ticket by selecting the closest alternative to your question, or just post in the CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems

The other places like the HTML/PHP Coding and Webdesign help are pretty interesting too. I suggest you read them.

Now some of the interesting Forum Features
At the Bottom of the Page, you can see a ''Bookmark'' and ''Subscribe'' buttons. Sometimes there may appear a button like, to bump a topic too.

A Tip
For questions like how to Bookmark a Topic, read This guide made by Expendable.
For Bumping a Topic, read This Guide.
If you click on the ''Subscribe'' Button, it will start showing up in the ''My Posts'' section.

COPPA Users
Hello there! As we know, in the USA, there is a law protecting the 13 underage members on most of the sites, which CS is a part of. It's for their own safety. Here is a bit of explanation of their actions. (Thanks Atwood and Drina!)

Atwood wrote:
DrinaLestrange wrote:
Kasume wrote:Actually, COPPA'd users can have their posts approved by moderators when they post in the forums

No, thats for oekaki. My sister was uncoppad just last month, amd when she was coppa she couldnt post in forums

Just posting to confirm this - COPPAed members can't post in the main forums at all, only the Oekaki boards, and every one of their posts there has to be checked and approved by a mod first. :3 They also can't send or read PMs, edit their signatures, write trade messages or upload their own avatars.

If your art shop is in the Oekaki board, you would very likely run into COPPAed players who wouldn't be able to read any PMs you might send them. In the main boards, while it's unlikely that you'd come across many people whose ability to PM has been blocked, some people do just turn off their PMs for various reasons, in which case you wouldn't be able to send them a PM either.

If you want to find out more about COPPA Users, read through this guide. c:
Last edited by Naira on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:26 am, edited 13 times in total.

If you need help with something on CS, you can use the help system OR ask me!

TradesCharactersNew dAArt Shop{closed}GRP Club!Helpful Guide
Naira wrote:I am a very friendly person, and I don't mind random PM's. I am a RolePlayer and a big Fantasy Art Fan, who loves animals! (And loves Disney villains)
Skully Custom Art, By Fitch <3...Custom Skully, by TheCalicoTabby
Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Oekaki Section

Postby Naira » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Oekaki
Hello there! Most of you know of CS' Drawing program which is name Oekaki. It's pretty interesting, so most of the questions are directed to it. I will write some links and useful info about it, here. c:

Important!
To use Oekaki, you must have the Latest Java. If you have it and Oekaki is causing problems, there may be many reason, which depend on the browser and computer system.
It may be enabled Java, AppChache or Java Update needed. For questions like this, you should send in a Help Ticket, or post in the Help Boards in the Forum

Important Fact!
Oekaki doesn't have an ''Import a Picture'' feature with a purpose of preventing Art Theft. Remember that!

At First, there are some different Categories of the Oekaki. The ''Beginner's Oekaki'' is a place where everyone can post their drawings, the ''Editable Oekaki'' is a place, where people (or you) post their drawings, so other can color them. The ''Competitions'' Board is where other users post their Competitions for art. They can be for Lines (Must provide a BG), a Fursona, Character Design or Artist Competition. Everyone can apply as long as they follow all the Rules wrote by Tess and the owner of the competition.
The ''Intermediate'' Oekaki section has a pretty good explanation under it:
For experienced artists looking for some criticism and commentary from other artists

A Fact
You don't have to be a good artist to post there, but don't be mad if your drawing gets moved.

The other places are pretty simple, so i personally don't think they need explanation.

When you want to start a Drawing, go to one of the sections and click ''New Drawing'' (A button just above the latest/commented drawings)

Here is a pretty helpful Guide to The Oekaki made by Sinamy.

Now let's explain about coloring in the Editable Oekaki and Competitions. When you click one of the Drawings you would like to Color, you will see under the drawing, this button:
When you click on it, you go to the drawing. Usually there is a cover which you remove. After you do that, star searching a ''Color'' place in the Layer Bar. Click on the side part on it and then ''Lock Alpha.''. And then you pick a Color and start coloring. This is just the easiest way.

Of course, if you don't feel like drawing, you can always comment other drawings. c:
Last edited by Naira on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Naira wrote:I am a very friendly person, and I don't mind random PM's. I am a RolePlayer and a big Fantasy Art Fan, who loves animals! (And loves Disney villains)
Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pets

Postby Naira » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Pets
The pets are one of the most important parts of Chicken Smoothie. There is a section to ''Adopt'' pets, which are monthly released and were made by CS Staff members. Of course there are Special made pets, called ''Advent Pets'', which are released on holidays, like Christmas, Easter and many more.
These Pets have Rarities, which include:

The name says it. It means that they are OMG, so so common!
It's clear here too <3
These pets are not pretty common.
These pets are Rarely seen!
Most of these pets we can buy from the Store, but can be seen on Special Releases and Events.
These pets are OMG So Rare, that not many people have from them.

Important!
With the time passing by, the rarities may change. The older the pet is, it's value is going up.

Pets aren't sorted only by Rarity, the year matters too. The ''Rares List'' is a full list of the most expensive and hard to get pets. You should read through the whole topic and follow the links. This is important for you to understand your pets' rarities, so you don't give it out for a lower value pet.

Now a little about your Pet Groups. You can sort them as you like.
FactArchive
The ''Pets without a Group'' section, cannot be deleted or moved. The pets which group was deleted, go automatically there. But you can lock it from receiving trades for the pets in it. So it becomes invisible.

A Tip
To disable Trading offers to a group of pets, without disabling the other groups goes like this:
Chosen Group of Pets--->Change trading settings for this group----->Choose an option (In this case): Nobody can make trade offers for these pets.----->Save Settings

Pound
The Pound system is a place, from which you can donate pets or Adopt ones. The Pound section in the top menu is a place, which opens pretty random times a day. You can Adopt only 1 pet per 24 hours. You can donate pets too!

Fact!
If you trade an Adopted Pound Pet, you will receive a message from it. It's just like in real life, so be careful.

A Fact! <Ellies>
The Pound is User Operated, so it can't be opened for every one at the right time of day ^^

Archive
The Archive is the place where all of the CS Pets ever made, go. It signs Rarity/Year/Date and is pretty important.

A Tip
The easier way for a pet/pets to be found is for you to select from which Artist or a Species.

Fact!
The Archive contents Items too! But actually they don't have Rarity. c:

C$ (Chicken Dollars)
Nick now made Trading C$ possible (was on his ''To do List''), so i will tell you a few things to ease you up.
A Tip:
If you are not sure about Value of a pet in C$, you can always check out the "How Much is this worth in C$?" Thread, of course by reading the first post at start.

A How to Tip:
If you already know the value of a Pet, you can always check the CS Trades - Pets, items and C$ Board, for someone who is paying C$ for other pets. You can PM them to ask how much they would give for one of your Pets, or just send a Trade Suggestion, by asking that.

Species
Here i will tell you more about the Pet Species.
They contain:
Dogs
Cats
Rats
Butterfly Wolves
Horses+Ponies
Currently a Hatchery for Chickens
And others!

Retired Linearts:
ShumaLuan's Fox Linearts
Malk's Owls
Malk's Cats
Malk's Wolves
Malk's Dogs
Malk's Dragons
Malk's Cerberus
euimagine's many horse linearts (Lately replaced)
Nick's Pets (They were made for a short amount of time, and the variant of them returning is small.)
And others, which you can see in the Archive
Last edited by Naira on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:07 am, edited 6 times in total.

Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Store

Store
The ''Store'' place in the top menu is a pretty interesting place too. There are some different categories of Store Items, which have a value.
Fact!
The ''Store Pets'' most of the times are VR and can be bought only with C$!

In the store, there are some free items, which you can get by clicking the button: ''Get now'', you will have to browse through the pages!

Balance
The Balance is the called C$ (Chicken Dollars). They are bought with real money, but can be used for trading too!

Important!
It is a fact, that we can't directly trade C$, it's on the Administrator Nick's ''To do List''. Currently the only way is to give your pets to a person and in exchange he will buy some items'/Pets from the store that you requested on. But if the Trade or prize is a bit risky or strange, you can request an Admin to transfer them, but that's Rarely made.

Tradable now
Last edited by Naira on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Useful Links/Used Links

Last edited by Naira on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Suggestion

Postby Naira » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:56 am

Suggestions
Here i will quote all your suggestions for this Thread, so there is more information!

Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tips and Guidelines to CS! Posting OPEN!

Postby Naira » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:21 am

Okay, now posting is now open!

Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tips, Guidelines and Facts to CS! Posting OPEN!

Postby Liberty-Moon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 am

hi , where could is the best place in forums to open up a signiture shop?
* Liberty-Moon *

plz join my new shapeshifter roleplay-link below
(~Another life~)
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2205730

Liberty-Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naira » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 am

-Tiger-Lilly- wrote:hi , where could is the best place in forums to open up a signiture shop?

In Here c:

Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naira » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:50 am

I hope this helps. Updates coming soon ouo

Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me