[Retired] Rule Index

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Rule Index - Posting Open

Postby Hoof » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Does this index include ghost rules and such?
Hoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Hoof wrote:Does this index include ghost rules and such?

Yes, if we can get ahold of official confirmation. ^^
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hoof » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Fat Unicorn wrote:
Hoof wrote:Does this index include ghost rules and such?

Yes, if we can get ahold of official confirmation. ^^

Okay, thank you!

This is really helpful! I didn't even realize we had all these rules until I found this.
Hoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 pm

I just saw someone say these are ghost rules:
Don't bump until the thread is off the first page
Don't advertise
Don't post just to say another post is spam

Maybe these should be put up? Are there staff/admin posts that can be linked for these?

On phone sorry for awkwardness ;n;
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 pm

nickjr wrote:I just saw someone say these are ghost rules:
Don't bump until the thread is off the first page
Don't advertise
Don't post just to say another post is spam

Maybe these should be put up? Are there staff/admin posts that can be linked for these?

On phone sorry for awkwardness ;n;

Though it isn't from official staff, the first two are explained in June bug's letter regarding spam.

I will look into the third one, though.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jüska » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 am

I'd like clarification on referencing one's age on the forums. For those over the age of 18, of course. I understand why minors shouldn't do it. But I've been scolded for doing this -unknowingly at the time- against the rules, yet I have seen others do it without ramification, such as "...pay no attention to the girl who's been Christian for 15 years of her life...."
Jüska

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 am

Juska wrote:I'd like clarification on referencing one's age on the forums. For those over the age of 18, of course. I understand why minors shouldn't do it. But I've been scolded for doing this -unknowingly at the time- against the rules, yet I have seen others do it without ramification, such as "...pay no attention to the girl who's been Christian for 15 years of her life...."

There's no proof whether or not they meant their entire life, or for example, they might have converted to Christianity 15 years ago when they might have been so-and-so years old already. :)

Although if you do see people 'sharing' their age or giving hints of their age, it's probably best to report it just in case.
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:54 am

Fat Unicorn wrote:
Juska wrote:I'd like clarification on referencing one's age on the forums. For those over the age of 18, of course. I understand why minors shouldn't do it. But I've been scolded for doing this -unknowingly at the time- against the rules, yet I have seen others do it without ramification, such as "...pay no attention to the girl who's been Christian for 15 years of her life...."

There's no proof whether or not they meant their entire life, or for example, they might have converted to Christianity 15 years ago when they might have been so-and-so years old already. :)

Although if you do see people 'sharing' their age or giving hints of their age, it's probably best to report it just in case.

I can sorta confirm that if someone shares their age and it's not removed, then it will be removed if it's reported; I once saw someone's post that shared their age ("I am _ years old and I don't need help!"), so I reported it, and later on when I go to see that psot again, the age was removed and there was the "Last edited by -staff member- reason: do not post your age; that goes against our rule of not sharing personal information" on their post.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jüska » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't know, it's pretty obvious that post was coming from a minor. The person who replied to that post I quoted told her she was very mature for her age. I'd like to see either some consistency in enforcing it or getting rid of it altogether, for adults at least.
Jüska

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:24 pm

(unrelated to the above discussion)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=178135#p4829429

This post is in the same topic as one of the other 'swear word answers' (under General Rules), but I don't think everyone will actually read through the entirety of all the threads--I think most will just read the post, nod, look at one post above, look at one post below, shrug, and then click back because they wouldn't think there's anything else in the topic worth reading xD (admittedly, that's what I tend to do) So maybe this should also be put as a 'swear word answer'? It's seven posts after the already-posted 'swear word answer' I mentioned; when I was first clicking through the links on this topic, I didn't take the time to read through the threads that were linked--I only read the relevant post and then hit the back button, so I wouldn't be surprised if others missed this post as well.

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me