[Retired] Rule Index

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: Rule Index - Posting Open

Postby Shian » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:26 am

Fat Unicorn wrote:

Thanks for finding these, Shian.
I've added the last two as 'helpful threads/answers' under the General category. I didn't add the first since it's talking about large GIFs (and how they can't remove all images that are 'GIFs'), however, it's not really saying anything about GIFs being removed, unfortunately. I'll try and find something about that, though, and see if I can get a clearer result.

Ah, well the answer doesn't really make sense unless you know the question. The question was about having too many large gifs in your signature or so many of them that they impact someone else's computer's performance. Tess' answer was, If they become a problem, they can be removed. I have no idea how to word that so that it makes the most sense. I also linked to the wrong post. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1177713&p=33944623&hilit=gifs#p33594080 This one is it.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby belle noire » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:12 pm

ah, i find this extremely helpful
    when i need to refer back to one rule or another.
    kudos to you two for taking the time and
    putting in the hard work to make the thread,
    ya'll did a great job.

- koi
┌───────────────────┐

Imagex
▬▬▬ [ FINE RAIN FALLING FROM A CLEAR SKY ] ▬▬▬

possible text? this is a huge wip sorry.

└───────────────────┘
┌───────────────────┐

wow another text box what am i gonna do with so much space?

└───────────────────┘
belle noire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:50 am

Hate topics or hate stickers in signature are not allowed.

How about the trade rule where you're not allowed to raffle any pet? I.E. Person A charges a 1 pet fee to get a pot of pets.
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 am

Shian wrote:Hate topics or hate stickers in signature are not allowed.

How about the trade rule where you're not allowed to raffle any pet? I.E. Person A charges a 1 pet fee to get a pot of pets.

The first one will be added shortly(when Fat comes back from her break).
The raffle rule is included in the CS Free adoption rules, if I am not mistaken.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harpalyce » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Can we get a list in writing from The Powers That Be about what certain words are or are not acceptable? I've had one mod tell me one thing, one tell me another, a third tell me yet a third, et cetera et cetera. 'Damn' and 'hell' seem to be okay but the things immediately stronger (such as 'ass' and 'crap') seem to be on shaky territory. I would REALLY like for it to be clarified once and for all.
Harpalyce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Harpalyce wrote:Can we get a list in writing from The Powers That Be about what certain words are or are not acceptable? I've had one mod tell me one thing, one tell me another, a third tell me yet a third, et cetera et cetera. 'Damn' and 'hell' seem to be okay but the things immediately stronger (such as 'ass' and 'crap') seem to be on shaky territory. I would REALLY like for it to be clarified once and for all.

Post by Tess: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=829043&p=21061331#p21061331

Not sure if there's a more in depth list; wish I could easily search but doing things on my phone is kinda tricky xD;
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:21 pm

I'll talk to a staff member about acceptable terms (in addition to the link posted) c:

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harpalyce » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks so much y'all! Tess's post seems great, I just want it to be added to the list and more readily available. Pretty sick of getting my posts edited because I said something along the lines of "I couldn't give a rat's ass" when the word is used in that phrase and not in any way directed towards a CS member.
Harpalyce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:02 pm

I sincerely apologize for the wait, I had to abruptly leave on holiday for two weeks and couldn't get access to the Internet until today. ^^;

nickjr wrote:
Harpalyce wrote:Can we get a list in writing from The Powers That Be about what certain words are or are not acceptable? I've had one mod tell me one thing, one tell me another, a third tell me yet a third, et cetera et cetera. 'Damn' and 'hell' seem to be okay but the things immediately stronger (such as 'ass' and 'crap') seem to be on shaky territory. I would REALLY like for it to be clarified once and for all.

Post by Tess: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=829043&p=21061331#p21061331

Not sure if there's a more in depth list; wish I could easily search but doing things on my phone is kinda tricky xD;

I've added her post under the General category. If I can, I'll start asking around the mods or keyword search their posts and see what they say is un/acceptable. :3 But I think that's the usual guideline they go by.

Pandah. wrote:
Shian wrote:Hate topics or hate stickers in signature are not allowed.

The first one will be added shortly(when Fat comes back from her break).
The raffle rule is included in the CS Free adoption rules, if I am not mistaken.

I've added the first one under the General section, and the second one I won't add (the free adoption board rules don't have a specific rule against the raffle/1 pet thing, but they do have a overall rule about situations like those).

Shian wrote:
Fat Unicorn wrote:

Thanks for finding these, Shian.
I've added the last two as 'helpful threads/answers' under the General category. I didn't add the first since it's talking about large GIFs (and how they can't remove all images that are 'GIFs'), however, it's not really saying anything about GIFs being removed, unfortunately. I'll try and find something about that, though, and see if I can get a clearer result.

Ah, well the answer doesn't really make sense unless you know the question. The question was about having too many large gifs in your signature or so many of them that they impact someone else's computer's performance. Tess' answer was, If they become a problem, they can be removed. I have no idea how to word that so that it makes the most sense. I also linked to the wrong post. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1177713&p=33944623&hilit=gifs#p33594080 This one is it.

I've had a skim through the answer, and I agree that it should have been put up. It should be up under the General section now.

Again, thanks guys for digging up the links or suggesting something should be added, it's much appreciated! <3
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 am

ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me