What is love? - something I found on the internet

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What is love? - something I found on the internet

Postby Rolly-chan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:00 am

I've found this on the internet and wanted to share it with you:

*What Does Love Mean?*

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all even when his hands got arthritis, too. That's Love. Rebecca - age 8

When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." Billy - age 4

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." Karl - age 5

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French Fries without making them give you any of theirs." Chrissy - age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." Terri - age 4

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." Danny - age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss" Emily - age 8

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen." Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate." Nikka - age 6

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it
everyday." Noelle - age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well." Tommy - age 6

"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore." Cindy - age 8

"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night." Clare - age 6

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken." Elaine-age 5

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford." Chris - age 7

"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day." Mary Ann - age 4

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old
clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." Lauren - age 4

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you" Karen - age 7

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross." Mark - age 6

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget," Jessica - age 8

And the final one -- Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child. (Now this will melt your heart.) The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When
his Mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry."

(found HERE - it's the second)

What do you think about this? ^^
Do you think such small children understand love at all? Do you think they understand it better?
What do YOU think love is?
Isn't the last story heart-warming? It almost made me cry after I've read through everything =)
Rolly-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What is love? - something I found on the internet

Postby ghostboy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:05 am

So cute! I think children understand what love is because of their purity and innocence. I don't know what love is (I know what family love is; a sense of trust to your blood family) I haven't felt it before...
ghostboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wavesong » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:52 am

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well." Tommy - age 6

That's my favorite <3

But obviously.... these quotes are made up. People do that all the time :/ You know, it's like the chain letter with the sweet things 'a certain guy' said to his girlfriend >w> PFF. It's written by girls. These quotes are very cute, but I am almost sure they were all made up. The lack of reference and the 'unknown' signature confirms it...
Wavesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Linsang » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:32 pm

This really melted my heart.

Responses may be slow due to IRL obligations, bear with me. I'm an adult and my pronouns are they/them!
Music recommendation from me! :D
Linsang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupine Moon » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Too beautiful for words, really. Sometimes I wish we could all go back to the mindset of a child once and awhile, even if only for a bit. To be innocent and young, and have no worries. Back when we thought it was a perfect world. :3 I'm glad you posted this.

@Wavesong; This one is actually real I believe. I got the original email where it was a picture of the children's handwriting, actually having written this on paper. It was too cute really n_n
Every mile, a memory
Every song, another scene
Like some old movie going back in time, you and me♫
-In Loving Memory Of Chloe-
My Black Lab Baby

ImageImage

<3 It's people like you that make me love life iBrevity...I'll never forget your kindness <3
Lupine Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rolly-chan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:00 am

Yeah, children are kind of living in a different world than us teenagers or adults. I remember how my biggest worries had been whether a friend of mine broke my toy, or that my brother was so mean to me at times *lol*

@Wavesong: Even if they're made up, I can totally see children saying those things. They sound so naive but still kind of wise.
It's no wonder that in many religions and cultures children have been and sometimes still are regarded as something sacred and special, that they have powers they lose once they become adults.

And even if children don't say those things, it's really heart-warming to read it ^^ Cute and fluffy.
Rolly-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MadiBird » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:39 am

These are too cute!
"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday." Noelle - age 7 That one's my favorite!
The Doctor wrote:You can spend the rest of your life with me, but I can't spend the rest of mine with you. I have to live on. Alone. That's the curse of the Time Lords.

ImageImageImageImage
MadiBird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me