LOCK

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? Fresh Thread

Postby tanner » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:16 am

ok guys, i need some help naming my new horse, he;s a bay roan, with two hind socks, and a small sar on his forehead.

I want a native american name, but it has to have a meaning.
Imageby
I'm not active on CS anymore, but if it's important, PM me, although I can't promise I'll respond.
Outside of CS, I post my photography on Flickr and Pack.
tanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkest.Nation » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:27 am

Well, first, look at a map with the tribes of US, for example:
http://www.emersonkent.com/images/maps/ ... an_map.jpg

This website has a good amount of NA names.:
http://www.20000-names.com/male_native_ ... _names.htm
Character Page
[ My past usernames were Invisiblemoonlight14, Water For Elephants, & Fly.With.Me. Please don't use. ]
ImageImageImage
Darkest.Nation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *BluePaw* » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:26 am

I LOVE Appaloosas, Mustangs, Quarter horses, and Paints
ImageImageImage <Theses dragon eggs and hatchlings are important to me, please click on them.
*BluePaw*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby simply, » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:51 am

Hanoverian wrote:Awesome about getting a new saddle. (:

I really want a Hermes, but not a new one. I prefer a saddle with a plain flap and no blocks/rolls/etc. A plain flap saddle really forces you to find your leg position on your own and allows you to feel the horse better. I don't like how saddles with knee rolls and blocks try to hold your leg in place, but to each their own. I used to have a saddle with knee rolls, but I'm selling it.
I am having a hard time finding another saddle, though! I'm 5'10 and fit into a 16" seat, but I have to ride in saddles with a 17" seat so the flaps fit my long legs. xD But at least the extra room in a close contact saddle isn't as noticeable as in an All Purpose.

I like to be able to feel my horse. It drives me mad when I can't. I have rode in a saddle that had knee rolls and everyone, but I could still feel the horse under me quite well. One if my old trainers said she would always rather ride in a too big saddle then too small.

Favorite breeds are: Anything Warmblood and TBs. But all horses have a spot in my heart.
something will go here. for now enjoy the waves.
simply,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tanner » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:55 am

I have never liked Thoroughbreds for some reason, I just don't. maybe its because I'm highly against horse racing. I'm also highly against Tennessee walker and gaited horse shows, they are so cruel, but I love gaited horses, especially when they can do it without pain and cruelty.
Imageby
I'm not active on CS anymore, but if it's important, PM me, although I can't promise I'll respond.
Outside of CS, I post my photography on Flickr and Pack.
tanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horse-girl123 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:34 am

I had a horrible day riding.
PM me, please.
Horse-girl123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erille » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:52 am

tanner wrote:I have never liked Thoroughbreds for some reason, I just don't. maybe its because I'm highly against horse racing. I'm also highly against Tennessee walker and gaited horse shows, they are so cruel, but I love gaited horses, especially when they can do it without pain and cruelty.

What's cruel abotu Tennessee walker shows?
Things I Love:
Doctor Who - Sherlock - Firefly - Harry Potter
Erille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hanoverian » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:52 am

Hanoverian_Girl wrote:
Hanoverian wrote:Awesome about getting a new saddle. (:

I really want a Hermes, but not a new one. I prefer a saddle with a plain flap and no blocks/rolls/etc. A plain flap saddle really forces you to find your leg position on your own and allows you to feel the horse better. I don't like how saddles with knee rolls and blocks try to hold your leg in place, but to each their own. I used to have a saddle with knee rolls, but I'm selling it.
I am having a hard time finding another saddle, though! I'm 5'10 and fit into a 16" seat, but I have to ride in saddles with a 17" seat so the flaps fit my long legs. xD But at least the extra room in a close contact saddle isn't as noticeable as in an All Purpose.

I like to be able to feel my horse. It drives me mad when I can't. I have rode in a saddle that had knee rolls and everyone, but I could still feel the horse under me quite well. One if my old trainers said she would always rather ride in a too big saddle then too small.

Favorite breeds are: Anything Warmblood and TBs. But all horses have a spot in my heart.

Yeah, you can still feel the horse, but I still really prefer plain flaps.
And I will always ride in a saddle that has too large of a seat, I suppose, unless my butt suddenly gets fat enough to match my long legs! xD But I don't really mind it. Someday I really want to be a highly esteemed rider and trainer - like George Morris, but nicer (he made my old trainer cry when she worked for him xD) - and then maybe I could get a custom saddle.

I love all horses as well. Especially Uman.
Hanoverian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erille » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:56 am

The english saddle I use I don't really like. The knee roll is huge and it makes my knees stick out too far. It makes me feel like my feet are just hanging. I can't really kick or use leg aids because the saddle is so clunky and I don't feel like I'm touching the horse. I've been looking for new saddles but I don't think I can afford a good new saddle. So ebay and craigslist seems good for now.

And I love gaited horse. Just so pretty.
Things I Love:
Doctor Who - Sherlock - Firefly - Harry Potter
Erille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hanoverian » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 am

There are a ton of used plain-flap saddles around that are very comfy in my opinion. They are kinda hard to get used to at first, but when you do, you'll never go back... Are you looking for Close Contact or All Purpose? I don't know if they have any plain flap All Purpose, I use a Close Contact.
Hanoverian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me