LOCK

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? Fresh Thread

Postby tanner » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:15 am

Erille wrote:
tanner wrote:I have never liked Thoroughbreds for some reason, I just don't. maybe its because I'm highly against horse racing. I'm also highly against Tennessee walker and gaited horse shows, they are so cruel, but I love gaited horses, especially when they can do it without pain and cruelty.

What's cruel abotu Tennessee walker shows?

everything, ever hard of soring, or what they do to make their tails stand up so pretty? its wrong.
Imageby
I'm not active on CS anymore, but if it's important, PM me, although I can't promise I'll respond.
Outside of CS, I post my photography on Flickr and Pack.
tanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erille » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:16 am

Yeah, soring is pretty terrible. People like that say they love animals but do something like that is just stupid.
Things I Love:
Doctor Who - Sherlock - Firefly - Harry Potter
Erille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MustangKnight » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:24 am

Image these are my horses!!! (except one) the little brownish one is Lika shes 1 and a half, the Perlino (white) One is Ayasha and just turned 1 and The other one is Dreamer hes... 9? Likas a Quarter Horse/Tennesee Walker and Ayasha and Dreamer are Quarter horses! :D
** FREE ITEMS, JUST TRADE **
* COMMISSIONS OPEN *
MustangKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby simply, » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:28 am

Hanoverian wrote:
Hanoverian_Girl wrote:
Hanoverian wrote:Awesome about getting a new saddle. (:

I really want a Hermes, but not a new one. I prefer a saddle with a plain flap and no blocks/rolls/etc. A plain flap saddle really forces you to find your leg position on your own and allows you to feel the horse better. I don't like how saddles with knee rolls and blocks try to hold your leg in place, but to each their own. I used to have a saddle with knee rolls, but I'm selling it.
I am having a hard time finding another saddle, though! I'm 5'10 and fit into a 16" seat, but I have to ride in saddles with a 17" seat so the flaps fit my long legs. xD But at least the extra room in a close contact saddle isn't as noticeable as in an All Purpose.

I like to be able to feel my horse. It drives me mad when I can't. I have rode in a saddle that had knee rolls and everyone, but I could still feel the horse under me quite well. One if my old trainers said she would always rather ride in a too big saddle then too small.

Favorite breeds are: Anything Warmblood and TBs. But all horses have a spot in my heart.

Yeah, you can still feel the horse, but I still really prefer plain flaps.
And I will always ride in a saddle that has too large of a seat, I suppose, unless my butt suddenly gets fat enough to match my long legs! xD But I don't really mind it. Someday I really want to be a highly esteemed rider and trainer - like George Morris, but nicer (he made my old trainer cry when she worked for him xD) - and then maybe I could get a custom saddle.

I love all horses as well. Especially Uman.

Tanner the TBs I link are ussualy built for jumping nit long and lanky racers. Lots of breeds race though, so jus don't like them becuase of it.

Haha George Morris scares me. I want a clinic so bad, but I am afraid he'll just brush me off as just not even worth looking at. Plus I have no horse to take and no money to go.
something will go here. for now enjoy the waves.
simply,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erille » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 am

Does anyone else want to own a stable when they get older?

When I grow up, I really want to own a training and boarding stable. I love horses and I want to compete, but if that never happens, I'll always want to ride. Horses are just my favorite animal ever.
Things I Love:
Doctor Who - Sherlock - Firefly - Harry Potter
Erille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hanoverian » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:41 am

Yeah, I'd love to go to one of his clinics... but I'm already sensitive and I know he'd make me cry. xD

My old trainer started riding with him when she was a teen. She worked for him, and she'd get lessons in return! Apparently you always had to wear clean, polished, black tall boots, tan breeches, a clean, tucked-in solid polo, and a belt... plus your hair always up in a helmet. He made her cry both on the horse and off the horse, haha! But he really was a great teacher to her and she still has his number.
I think that he can see the potential in all riders. But I've never met him... xD I want to do a clinic with Beezie Madden's Husband.

Same here, Erille! I really want to be a trainer of both horses and riders. I'd love to compete in the big leagues... I'd be happy with any job that has to do with horses - An equestrian vet, chiropractor, farrier, dentist, exercise rider, groom... I'd love to be a photographer at the big shows, too! At the WEG, I saw all the photographers. They got the best seats for free and got to take photos, something I love doing.
Hanoverian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby simply, » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 am

I go to every lesson in those things. Execpt I chopped my hair off at the beginigng of the summer and it won't fit into my helmet anymore (To short!):))

I think it would be really cool to ride with Frank Madden and Beacon Hill. But I love in the south (It would be a long drive fir me. A really lone one) and can not offored to ride at the level right now.
simply,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hanoverian » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:52 am

I ride in breeches, tall boots, and polos some days, and jeans, half chaps, and tank tops on others.
I always put my hair up in my helmet, it is too big otherwise.

It would be cool! I can't afford that either, and I live in the Midwest.
Hanoverian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby simply, » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:58 am

((Sorry for my bad spelling. I keep on urging the wrong keys on my iPod!))
simply,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jezi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:00 am

Ooh a horse thread, I think I'll like this place XD

I usually ride in jeans with paddock boots and half chaps and a t-shirt, personally, and since the weather always changes quickly here I sometimes end up wearing a jacket too XD

@Erille - I'd love to own a stable when I'm older! Just something small though, with a few horses to ride for fun. I don't really want to compete much when I'm older but maybe I would do some local shows, that's pretty much what I do right now anyway.
And I'd love to be a photographer at the big shows too Hanoverian XD I'm taking photography classes right now and horses are such great animals to take pictures of, they're always so pretty going around the ring.
Jezi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me