LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby leiawolfe » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:46 am

lillystarswimmer wrote:
junebug. wrote:
The Mean Kitty wrote:Rabbits do not come in heat. They have periods where they are more fertile and wanting to be bred more than other times but they don't have actual heat cycles like other animals.

Thank you, my friend says his rabbit has been in heat since winter and I'm like... ???

i was a little confused by what she ment...
my rabbits have never gone into heat

Well, yeah I meant I think she's in some sort of period where she wants to breed more or something? She's started getting a biiiiiiit more aggressive at times now.

Several weeks ago, when I read that 80% of female rabbits could get uterine cancer if unspayed, I was holding baby Aura in my hands and I cried. (Before I got her I knew they could get it, but not 80%, and I was already thinking of spaying her. ~ didn't know the price, then.)

But yes, I've decided I want to spay her, since it makes her a more calm, bubbly happy girl that I want her to be. <3

The price is about $166, but it could've been way more so its worth it. She's nearly 4 m. Now, and spaying is done at six m. At our hospital. :)
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Made a timetable! Still w.i.p

Aura's daily timetable

7:45~Let Aura out while eating breakfast
8:15~ 5 minutes of training, then feed
8:20~Free time for 5-10 minutes
8:35-3:30~ Mum and Dad are in charge of Aura (school)
3:45~Feed
4:00~Clean litter/cage
4:00-8:30~ ------
8:50-Tuck in Aura for her bedtime

I've also made this thing called the "treat of the week jar", where I pop in some names of delicious treats she can have once a week, and pull one out, like a draw, e.g: Banana honey dip treat, which is a slice of banana lightly dipped in honey. We both love it! XD

I have 3 so far, any suggestions?
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Polly44 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:04 am

Does anyone else have a problem with getting their Rabbit out of his/her hutch? I only have the one, so i try and spend as much time with her as possible. When i got her last August/Septemberish, she was out in her hutch and she was a pain in the bum when getting her out of it to come and play or whatever. She wouldn't jump on my lap, i couldn't pick her up, as she would leg it. If i did manage to grab her, she would put up a fight- kicking her back legs out and that. I just assumed it was because i had only just got her and everything was new and she was nervous.

Anyway, i had her in an indoor hutch over winter and while she didn't often jump out straight away she would come out eventually and i could often just pick her up anyway. (I know Rabbits hate being picked up, but it's unfortunately the only way.)
But i've started putting her in her hutch during the day and getting her in at night is nigh on impossible! Bribing her with a treat half works, she comes out, but not all the way. And she often nicks the treat and legs it back into the hutch. Grabbing her is almost impossible and she kicks off.

I just don't know what to do.....
Polly44

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:46 am

Uh...Anyone? Does rabbit poop stink? Whenever I go like...Near her poop I smell this strong gross smell, and even when there's just ONE poo on the floor or something....How can I get rid of this?
Last edited by leiawolfe on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:00 am

LeiaWolfe wrote:Uh...Anyone? Does rabbit poop stink? Whenever I go like...Near her rump I smell this strong gross smell, and even when there's just ONE poo on the floor or something, but more when I'm around Aura herself...How can I get rid of this?

Scent glands maybe? Sometimes they get crusty and smelly. lol They are like slit like things on each side of her lady bits. Might need to push some fur over. Usually you can unplug the scabby looking wax substance away with a damp cotton swab.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:26 am

Hey everyone, I am making a new and improved topic for us! Here is the link! Move on over. :D
Will send messages with the link as well.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3405879

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Postby kathybunny » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:25 am

I have two Harlequin rabbits, a bunch of New Zealand, and a Netherland dwarf named Dopey. Dopey is so freaking spoiled.
kathybunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me