LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Xanga » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Well now that's just awesome, my grandma just bought me a mother and two babies. Very sad, the mother has a cold so she's going to have to go for meat. I wish colds could be cured in rabbits, but sadly that's not the case in this world. I will be taking the mother to a auction, hopefully she wont have to suffer any more and will be sold to someone who will eat her. Her babies will go with her, they wont be put down until they are older so they will have to be closely monitored, just in case they don't get the cold. I hate having to do this to the poor rabbits but....
Xanga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowytoshi » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Xanga wrote:
Well now that's just awesome, my grandma just bought me a mother and two babies. Very sad, the mother has a cold so she's going to have to go for meat. I wish colds could be cured in rabbits, but sadly that's not the case in this world. I will be taking the mother to a auction, hopefully she wont have to suffer any more and will be sold to someone who will eat her. Her babies will go with her, they wont be put down until they are older so they will have to be closely monitored, just in case they don't get the cold. I hate having to do this to the poor rabbits but....

You know colds can be cured.
Snowytoshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xanga » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:58 pm

No they can't, there has been some debate about this, but they can not. You can waste your time trying but it will always been in their system.
Xanga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZORAGON » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Xanga wrote:

Colds are very easy to cure yourself. My rabbits have gotten colds before and all I do is give them 4 cc of Penicillin and it clears it right up. Just have someone like a vet show you how to give shots to your rabbit as it is necessary to learn if your breeding lots of rabbits. There's no need to put a rabbit down just because it had a cold. :thumbup:
ZORAGON

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kickin' up dirt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Agreed, they can be cured. Please don't left someone eat her.

We got two new rabbits :) My friends wanted us to get them because if not they said they'd have to eat them. So we saved them from being killed :)
Kickin' up dirt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowytoshi » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Xanga wrote:
No they can't, there has been some debate about this, but they can not. You can waste your time trying but it will always been in their system.

Not if they're taken to a vet and treated properly quickly.
Snowytoshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onew~ » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Are you guys talking about the "sniffles" or a normal cold?
Onew~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barron » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Flutter-Nutter had her Easter Litter last Wednesday. Five of them too, two broken blacks, one broken blue, one blue, and one black. I'm going to keep one of the broken black ones for myself, but all the others will be sold to be pets, breeding, and show animals. XD

To me, horses and freedom are synonymous.

Barron 1986~2016
Barron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xanga » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:29 am

Onew~ wrote:Are you guys talking about the "sniffles" or a normal cold?

A normal cold, sniffles does go away. You can as I said before try to cure a cold, but the sickness will never leave the rabbits system.
Last edited by Xanga on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onew~ » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:30 am

Xanga wrote:
Onew~ wrote:Are you guys talking about the "sniffles" or a normal cold?

A normal cold, sniffles does go away. You can as I said before try to cure a cold, but the sickness with never leave the rabbits system.

Hmm, really ? I read in a book a while back about sniffles being incurable. Then again, it was written in the mid '90s, hehe. ouo
Onew~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me