LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Snowytoshi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:29 pm

I am very glad to hear that, there are many irresponsible breeders in our area who can and do sell children rabbits for five dollars with no care info. A rabbit that I have met that has come from such a scenario had her head dyed blue and her owners thought it was bad when she climbed into their laps to say hello. She was one of the sweetest rabbits though and she did find a loving home <3
Snowytoshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onew~ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 pm

~Razzle~ wrote:
Barron wrote:
Well, I have two breeding does, Razzle(Blue) and Flutter-nutter(Black). Then I have a buck, Reggily(Broken Blue). I also have Bambi a Broken Black female, she's only like 10 or 11 weeks though. One of Flutter-nutter's babies XD Then, the three new babies.

-snicker snicker- Razzle. XD

Anyway, I agree with the not selling rabbits around Easter thing; people don't realize how much responsibility rabbits require, and often buy them on a whim with the little kids pestering mom for a rabbit. Rabbits already get dumped for reasons such as "The kids didn't want them anymore", or, "I didn't know they would live this long," and don't bother giving them the care they deserve. It's crazy how many rabbits appear in parks after Easter passes, poor things.
In October, we found three abandoned rabbits running around, being chased by a terrier that actually managed to break one's leg. Imagine how many would be left after "the rabbit holiday"?

MOM,
DAD,

WE'RE GOING TO THE PARK.

RIGHT NOW.

Ack, I wish I could get another rabbit. My rabbit passed away a month ago, and it's not that I want to replace her, I just would love to be able to give a rabbit a proper home. I, too, was one that wasn't properly educated on rabbits. I was improving her life a lot, but unfortunately, I already posted here the tree incident etc...
Onew~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barron » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Snowytoshi wrote:I am very glad to hear that, there are many irresponsible breeders in our area who can and do sell children rabbits for five dollars with no care info. A rabbit that I have met that has come from such a scenario had her head dyed blue and her owners thought it was bad when she climbed into their laps to say hello. She was one of the sweetest rabbits though and she did find a loving home <3

Yeah, I'm not like that. I love selling to people with children, but I like older children to adopt and their parents to want a rabbit too. Since, they will probably have to care for it. I just hate people who dump their pets off like that in the wild or in shelthers, it's like don't buy a pet if you won't love it with all your heart. That's why I take mine back, it's not about the money to me....it's about breeding healthy and loving animals. I'm glad the poor baby got a good home!!

To me, horses and freedom are synonymous.

Barron 1986~2016
Barron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onew~ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:07 pm

So dad just said there may have been a rabbit by our barn because he found droppings there.... ;o;

I will find said rabbit(if they're domesticated and not a wild rabbit) and love it and cuddle it ;u; /random ramblings
Onew~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kickin' up dirt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Onew~ wrote:So dad just said there may have been a rabbit by our barn because he found droppings there.... ;o;

I will find said rabbit(if they're domesticated and not a wild rabbit) and love it and cuddle it ;u; /random ramblings

It's probably a deer, or a wild rabbit. You barely ever see pet rabbits loose.
Kickin' up dirt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onew~ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Kickin' up dirt wrote:
Onew~ wrote:So dad just said there may have been a rabbit by our barn because he found droppings there.... ;o;

It's probably a deer, or a wild rabbit. You barely ever see pet rabbits loose.

We've seen them before a couple times. But yeah, I'd bet a wild rabbit. I was just rambling around and being dumb. xD
Onew~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby climbing{the}world » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 am

~Razzle~ wrote:
Anyway, I agree with the not selling rabbits around Easter thing; people don't realize how much responsibility rabbits require, and often buy them on a whim with the little kids pestering mom for a rabbit. Rabbits already get dumped for reasons such as "The kids didn't want them anymore", or, "I didn't know they would live this long," and don't bother giving them the care they deserve. It's crazy how many rabbits appear in parks after Easter passes, poor things.
In October, we found three abandoned rabbits running around, being chased by a terrier that actually managed to break one's leg. Imagine how many would be left after "the rabbit holiday"?

I do admit, I was gifted mai rabbit on Easter. I did have more experience, though, because we had been rabbit sitting for quite a few months. Yet now, I am not the best Mother. I think I just need more free time. :I But still, every person on this thread is a mother to their child. I'm like a sad, old Godmother. And I am so, so, so freaking guilty about eet.... help....
Because I met my best writing/internet buddy through her signature, I decided to list a bunch of things about me. Not that I like making friends. Or that I'm good at it.

Harry Potter; Lord of the Rings; The Hobbit; The Silmarillion; Anything Tolkien Really; My Little Pony; FimFiction; Fanfiction; AppleDash; TwiDash; RariJack; Writing; Poetry; Camp NaNoWriMo; NaNoWriMo; Rabbits; My Pet Rabbit Nali; Slender; Steam; Team Fortress 2; Minecraft; SkyDoesMinecraft; HuskyMudkipz; PewDiePie; Stephano (duh!); Smosh; Ian is Best Smosh; Woona is Best Princess; The Youtubes; Skypes; Scrivener; Movies; Scripts; Award Shows; Elijah Wood aka Frodo; Pippin is Best Hobbit; Tumblr; Shadowlands MC; Tinq.

Take... whatever you want from that. Just, please, no weird, obsessed stalkers, okay?

Okay.*

*Fault in Our Stars reference anyone?
climbing{the}world

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowytoshi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:52 am

.:.Willow.:. wrote:
~Razzle~ wrote:

I do admit, I was gifted mai rabbit on Easter. I did have more experience, though, because we had been rabbit sitting for quite a few months. Yet now, I am not the best Mother. I think I just need more free time. :I But still, every person on this thread is a mother to their child. I'm like a sad, old Godmother. And I am so, so, so freaking guilty about eet.... help....

Then ask questions you might have, so we can help ;)
Snowytoshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onew~ » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 am

.:.Willow.:. wrote:
~Razzle~ wrote:

<3 You can ask me anything. I used to feel like that, too, but I got help and researched and everything, so now I know... a lot. ouo Just explain the situation.
Onew~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PotterStar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 am

I have a bunny! her name is Sugar and she is really fat. XD She is brown and so cute! :) I'm not sure what breed she is, but I'm pretty sure she is a Sugarbunbun! XD Yeah, so basically shes a mutt. LOL XD But i love her anyway. :D So that's my bunny!:)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕗
xxx𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗𝕗 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕖
xxxx𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕠𝕦𝕥
xxxxx 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕔𝕖
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx 𝕚'𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕡 𝕨𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘
xx 𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪
xxxx𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕖𝕣
xxxxxxxxx𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕣
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx