LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Barron » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:43 pm

E.urka wrote:I want to breed my dutch with my friends rabbit, cause shes the only person around here that has pet rabbits- the rest around here are for food.
but she told me she was 30 bucks for studding, and she want's half of the babies and all the money of the rest, so i was like 'yea..no nevermind'

Wow...I would just buy a buck. That's crazy, I charge like $10 for stud fee on my buck.

To me, horses and freedom are synonymous.

Barron 1986~2016
Barron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZORAGON » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Yeah that is crazy I know I wouldn't pay it. :thumbdown:

^^

Also I'm expecting 3 litters (It would have been 4 but one of the does didn't take) One litter of Silver Fox. one litter of Mini Rex, and one litter of Netherland dwarfs~ They are due Wed I'll keep you guys posted on how they turn out. I'm a little but nervous thought because all 3 of them are first time mothers. :roll: But hopefully they'll do a good job~
ZORAGON

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kickin' up dirt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:33 am

Thanks!
Kickin' up dirt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Onew~ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:57 am

Barron wrote:
Fluffer-nutter's litter is due this week XD Can't Wait. They'll be for sale at Easter Time.
I also have three four week old babies right now. One broken blue, one broken light blue, and a solid blue. The solid blue is blind...but still very healthy and happy.
I love raising baby bunnies, it can be very fun and rewarding.

I'm probably just a paranoid nut, but before selling, make sure the owners are worthy of a rabbit and know how to take care of one. I'd think selling near Easter would attract a lot of buyers, but just like chicks being sold, a lot of these potential buyers might not know much about rabbits and might not be well informed on how to take care of them.
Onew~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowytoshi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 am

Onew~ wrote:
Barron wrote:
Fluffer-nutter's litter is due this week XD Can't Wait. They'll be for sale at Easter Time.
I also have three four week old babies right now. One broken blue, one broken light blue, and a solid blue. The solid blue is blind...but still very healthy and happy.

I'm probably just a paranoid nut, but before selling, make sure the owners are worthy of a rabbit and know how to take care of one. I'd think selling near Easter would attract a lot of buyers, but just like chicks being sold, a lot of these potential buyers might not know much about rabbits and might not be well informed on how to take care of them.

Completely agree. You have no idea how flooded shelters become after Easter :thumbdown:
Snowytoshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiata » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:17 am

Barron wrote:
tiata wrote:I would like to breed my bunny this spring :3

What breed?

I do not know but she is 10 pounds.
❤ You will forever be in my heart ❤

You have no right to use this gif without my written permission
tiata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Razzle~ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 am

Barron wrote:
Well, I have two breeding does, Razzle(Blue) and Flutter-nutter(Black). Then I have a buck, Reggily(Broken Blue). I also have Bambi a Broken Black female, she's only like 10 or 11 weeks though. One of Flutter-nutter's babies XD Then, the three new babies.

-snicker snicker- Razzle. XD

Anyway, I agree with the not selling rabbits around Easter thing; people don't realize how much responsibility rabbits require, and often buy them on a whim with the little kids pestering mom for a rabbit. Rabbits already get dumped for reasons such as "The kids didn't want them anymore", or, "I didn't know they would live this long," and don't bother giving them the care they deserve. It's crazy how many rabbits appear in parks after Easter passes, poor things.
In October, we found three abandoned rabbits running around, being chased by a terrier that actually managed to break one's leg. Imagine how many would be left after "the rabbit holiday"?
so I haven't been on this site in like, forever, so I'm briefly back on to get rid of lots of my pets in exchange for art of my dog. Also if you do art and want pets send me a pm I'd love to work something out
You can contact me on my tumblr - @puppiesfortheblind - if I don't respond in a reasonable timeframe
~Razzle~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barron » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Onew~ wrote:
Barron wrote:

Yeah, I totally agree. I'm big on making sure my babies get great homes, I have a website for buyers with info. That helps to get rid of stupid people who think they just have to feed it every day or two. I also help with questions and help loving families find the right rabbit for them. I also have links to locate shelthers, to help shelther animals get adopted too. I'd rather see a shelther rabbit get adopted before they get one from me. I also have a two week return, which means I will give them all their money back if they can no longer keep the rabbit or just wanted a easter present for a week. I will always take them back though, of course after a few weeks they don't get their money back. But I'm pretty good at finding the right home for each baby, and all of my rabbits so far have been placed in great forever homes. The new owners send me pictures and info all the time!! XD I understand what your saying though, and I do agree.

Barron 1986~2016
Barron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barron » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Snowytoshi wrote:
Onew~ wrote:
Barron wrote:

Completely agree. You have no idea how flooded shelters become after Easter :thumbdown:

I do know, I volunteer at a animal shelther down the road from me. I foster some of the rabbits that come in too. I agree, but I take back any of my rabbits and even return their money. I know what your saying though, that's why I'm a very picky breeder. I have a website with info, contracts, and much more to get rid of people like that. Thanks

Barron 1986~2016
Barron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barron » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:24 pm

~Razzle~ wrote:
Barron wrote:
Well, I have two breeding does, Razzle(Blue) and Flutter-nutter(Black). Then I have a buck, Reggily(Broken Blue). I also have Bambi a Broken Black female, she's only like 10 or 11 weeks though. One of Flutter-nutter's babies XD Then, the three new babies.

-snicker snicker- Razzle. XD

Anyway, I agree with the not selling rabbits around Easter thing; people don't realize how much responsibility rabbits require, and often buy them on a whim with the little kids pestering mom for a rabbit. Rabbits already get dumped for reasons such as "The kids didn't want them anymore", or, "I didn't know they would live this long," and don't bother giving them the care they deserve. It's crazy how many rabbits appear in parks after Easter passes, poor things.
In October, we found three abandoned rabbits running around, being chased by a terrier that actually managed to break one's leg. Imagine how many would be left after "the rabbit holiday"?

Hehe. I love the name Razzle XD
Yeah, I agree. I sell with a contract, and always take back any of my rabbits. I know that may not seem any better, but I'm a very picky breeder. I work very hard to get the best homes for my babies XD

Barron 1986~2016
Barron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me