LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby The Mean Kitty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:50 pm

Cute pictures! Princess is GOREGOUS! And Monty is as cute as ever, I remember the pictures of him jumping you posted awhile back! x3 And Kiano is a cutie pie!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:13 pm

great pictures! i love tri-colored! your lucky to own some.

@everyone
i've got more holes now so i want to do another breed.
how do you separate your breeds (if you breed more than one)
does one breed get more holes than another?
also id like anyones opinion on fuzzy lops,polish and dutch
i want to raise one of those three..
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Daisywolf14 wrote:great pictures! i love tri-colored! your lucky to own some.

@everyone

I have 2 6 hole cages and 3 holes, a 3 hole for the harlequins, a 3 hole for litters, and the two 6 holes are a mix of dwarf hotots and polish.

As for an opinion on Polish and Dutch, I can't give much of one on dutch, I only have 1 and it's only here because it was my nieces birthday present but then they found out they had to find a new house, and so she's at my place for now. But she's a very sweet rabbit, don't know about other dutch. I know for showing the markings can be hard to get right at times though.

As for polish, they're the breed I mainly raise. They're great rabbits, they're all very nice and sweet, my black doe, Kyla is very hyper and loves attention, so far the does who have had babies have been great mothers, and I've done fantastically with them at shows, gotten Best of Breed or Reserve of Breed at most the shows I've went too. Got lucky with my first 2, happened to buy them from some great breeders even though I knew nothing about them, lol. I would strongly recommend Polish. No opinion on fuzzy lops for ya though, my nephew had one they rescued, and my nephew I guess liked him. But yeah, I don't know anything about them. xD Hopefully somebody else knows about them, as well as Dutch for ya. ;3

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:29 pm

The Mean Kitty wrote:
Daisywolf14 wrote:great pictures! i love tri-colored! your lucky to own some.

@everyone

I have 2 6 hole cages and 3 holes, a 3 hole for the harlequins, a 3 hole for litters, and the two 6 holes are a mix of dwarf hotots and polish.

As for an opinion on Polish and Dutch, I can't give much of one on dutch, I only have 1 and it's only here because it was my nieces birthday present but then they found out they had to find a new house, and so she's at my place for now. But she's a very sweet rabbit, don't know about other dutch. I know for showing the markings can be hard to get right at times though.

As for polish, they're the breed I mainly raise. They're great rabbits, they're all very nice and sweet, my black doe, Kyla is very hyper and loves attention, so far the does who have had babies have been great mothers, and I've done fantastically with them at shows, gotten Best of Breed or Reserve of Breed at most the shows I've went too. Got lucky with my first 2, happened to buy them from some great breeders even though I knew nothing about them, lol. I would strongly recommend Polish. No opinion on fuzzy lops for ya though, my nephew had one they rescued, and my nephew I guess liked him. But yeah, I don't know anything about them. xD Hopefully somebody else knows about them, as well as Dutch for ya. ;3

alrighty thanks so much :D ive been reading/hearing great things about polish they just keep sounding better and better!
would around 5 or 6 holes be enough to raise them. I'm sure i will get more soon but for starting a new breed now.
if anyone else has something to say i would love to hear!

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FuzzyThePunkCat » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:50 pm

How many small rabbits could live in a 6x3 ft pen? I currently have a Lionhead and a Holland Lop in there.
"I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked, but here they come again to jack my style."
In real life I have 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 rabbits, 26 rats, 2 gerbils, 2 cockroaches, 1 turtle, 1 axolotl, and 8 fish.
ImageImageImageImageImage
FuzzyThePunkCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:31 pm

My friend got a rabbit and to be quite honest I'm not sure how I feel about this.
It sounds like she didn't do any/much research, as she told me they said the rabbit is only five weeks old and she says she has it in a cage that's about the size of a gerbil cage.

She's definitely mellowed out since the year she nearly got a puppy (which I knew would have been a disaster with her hectic schedule and semi-high maintenance personality) so I DO think this is a more appropriate choice but I still just definitely hope she isn't afraid to get her hands dirty! She's grown a lot in the 8 years I've known her but I haven't seen her much the past few years so I can't say much; she lives out of state now and I only see her when she visits. We were roommates for two years and during that time I had my own bunny living with me. It was a novelty to her, and the vibe I got was that she thought the bunny cute but likely more trouble than she was worth. Granted, it'd been like five years since then!

So! My plan is to be supportive and be there to offer advice. Her younger sister got a rabbit either early this year or sometime last year and it sounds like that's going well and likely played a role in her wanting to do this. I do think this is has good potential; more personable than a little hamster but still contained with a potty in there to avoid accidents or damage while she isn't home. Needless to say, her news completely surprised me.

I'm terrible with breeds so if she sends me pictures I might post them on here for some help in decoding what breed this Snickers might be! I've been promised pictures tomorrow when I get to see her. Unfortunately I won't be able to meet the bunny (likely for years, if ever) as my friend lives in LA as a dancer.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:14 pm

thunderofthedrum wrote:My friend got a rabbit and to be quite honest I'm not sure how I feel about this.
It sounds like she didn't do any/much research, as she told me they said the rabbit is only five weeks old and she says she has it in a cage that's about the size of a gerbil cage.

She's definitely mellowed out since the year she nearly got a puppy (which I knew would have been a disaster with her hectic schedule and semi-high maintenance personality) so I DO think this is a more appropriate choice but I still just definitely hope she isn't afraid to get her hands dirty! She's grown a lot in the 8 years I've known her but I haven't seen her much the past few years so I can't say much; she lives out of state now and I only see her when she visits. We were roommates for two years and during that time I had my own bunny living with me. It was a novelty to her, and the vibe I got was that she thought the bunny cute but likely more trouble than she was worth. Granted, it'd been like five years since then!

So! My plan is to be supportive and be there to offer advice. Her younger sister got a rabbit either early this year or sometime last year and it sounds like that's going well and likely played a role in her wanting to do this. I do think this is has good potential; more personable than a little hamster but still contained with a potty in there to avoid accidents or damage while she isn't home. Needless to say, her news completely surprised me.

I'm terrible with breeds so if she sends me pictures I might post them on here for some help in decoding what breed this Snickers might be! I've been promised pictures tomorrow when I get to see her. Unfortunately I won't be able to meet the bunny (likely for years, if ever) as my friend lives in LA as a dancer.

oh gosh i've had the same thing happen just be supportive and help ;3

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:45 pm

I also hope she's budgeted it in. xD
Her budgeting is kind of weird because she is a dancer and makes most of her money during summers (when all the dance camps happen because school is out for kids). Not to say my bunny eats like a horse but with base purchases being hay, pellets, and bedding, you don't always take into account the other things that come up like toys, treats, veggies, or even replacing something of yours that they've damaged. Pets are pets, after all. Things happen. My bunny is mostly good but the baseboards in my mother's laundry room are horribly disfigured after she lived loose in there for a few months a few years ago.

My rabbit NEVER chews on my clothes, only ever chews on certain bathroom rugs and some bath towels (which isn't a problem if she has full run and I never leave towels on the floor) but recently she chewed up a pair of my underwear. Luckily it wasn't a new or smexy pair and I wasn't really bothered about throwing them out. xD And she did nibble on a particular jacket once, but that's all (wee little nibble). Actually, I officially gave her one rug recently because she likes to yank all the threads out and just toss them aside and she'd already kind of ruined it from doing that a few years ago. So, she can have full rein to completely demolish it now and then I'll just throw it out. She doesn't eat any of it (it's actually quite amusing to see her discard each thread afterwards) so I'm not terribly worried. With my clothes she just either noses them a little or hops over them.

Anyone's bunny chew on fabrics? Any horror stories for that?

Ah, my poor bunny. xD Has all the delightful rejects. Sad looking toilet rug and her current house is a Corona box.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FuzzyThePunkCat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Lennox has eaten so many of my shirts, pants, and socks. He also ate the entire carpet in my closet.
"I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked, but here they come again to jack my style."
In real life I have 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 rabbits, 26 rats, 2 gerbils, 2 cockroaches, 1 turtle, 1 axolotl, and 8 fish.
ImageImageImageImageImage
FuzzyThePunkCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:24 pm

I have few that like to chew on the material around the zippers on my sweatshirts. I once fell asleep with a rabbit in my lap and woke up with like 20 holes in my sweatshirt. :lol: Whoops. Thankfully it was just a basic cheap one from Walmart. xD

In other news. I've got a new pet rabbit... just what I need. lol My old teacher from high school knew I liked rabbits, so he told me that his sister had a rabbit that never got played with so they were trying to find her a new home. So this is Isabel. She's a 5 year old Lionhead. lol

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=550F7375

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=5504C692

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist