Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby .Middy. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:27 am

So as you might have guessed when I said I had a announcement, I finally found the perfect puppy for me! My original breeder messaged me the other day saying her friend had a litter on the ground with a available pup that sounded like a great fit for me, so I messaged her and we talked things out and this girl will be mine! Won’t be coming home until 11-12 weeks since I’ll be having surgery Monday and can’t get one right after, but luckily the breeder is willing to watch her for me until I can either drive up or have her shipped to me!

Her call name will either be Peregrine (or Perri) or Inca Dove (Inca or Dove lol). I’ve got some registered names picked out as well, but I’ll keeo those under wraps until I decide for sure!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:37 am

ahhh. puppy! so cute. glad you finally found the one you’re looking for. i kinda like the first name but the second is just as good. hope your recovery from surgery goes well!
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 am

Aaaaa so adorable, congrats middy and kes! I'm actually excited to know how kes reacts to the puppy! :D
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:43 am

@.Middy. - Congrats! She's precious :) Peregrine would've been my first choice too but she look more like a Dove to me. Let us know when you decide.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 am

Im leaning towards Peregrine as well, especially since it’s a Falcon like Kestrel’s are lol. Plus I really like the registered names for Perri, so I’m heavily leaning towards it lol. Love the name Inca, but I am leaning the other way this time haha.

And thank you! There will be tons of videos and maybe some indoor photos while I recover, gotta keep my two crazies from tearing apart my parents house out of boredom lol!

Kestrel’s reaction won’t be anything fun lol. She will ignore the puppy for the most part, if the pup continuously gets in her face, she will correct her and then ignore again. Once she warms up, then she will play but not for awhile lol. Chewie on the other hand will lose his chill, he loves other dogs, especially puppies. Challenge with him is keeping him from bouncing up and scaring the pup when he comes down like he did to baby Kes lol.

Imzadi- I’m not huge on the call name of Dove, i like it, but not sure that’s the right name for her. Inca would wind up with so many nicknames, and probably get a lot of Finding Nemo quoted at her from it lol. So leaning towards Perri.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXocea » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:41 pm

@Middy
    Oooh, she's gorgeous!!! I love her little face markings! I forgot which breed you settled for. I remembered you were looking at both Border Collies, and Australian Shepherds. I also prefer Peregrine/Perri is fits well with Kestrel.
xXocea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 pm

She’s a border collie! Hoping those ears go up, if not I’ll have to see about taping them!

Wasn’t actually looking at aussies, just the one that was in the rescue. Been set on border collies for like 2 years now, just gave the rescue a shot since my original breeder didn’t have enough pups for me and I had no other breeders in mind. This girl fell in my lap and both her and the breeder are awesome so, Border collie it is lol
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fysha » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 pm

She's very cute Middy. Peregrine seems like a great name. Can't wait to see all the puppy pictures.
Did both parents have up right ears? If so hers will have a good chance of standing up.
Fysha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:17 pm

.Middy. wrote:She’s a border collie! Hoping those ears go up, if not I’ll have to see about taping them!

I never knew that Border Collie's ever needed their ears taped.

Every time I think of taping I wonder about Chloe's ears since they sort of stand. Did the taping fail or perhaps was it stopped due to the fact the contracted parvo? I often wish she could tell me more about her past.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXocea » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:20 pm

@Middy
    Her ears probably will start to perk up! I wouldn't be too worried. How old is she in that photo? From what I heard their ears start to perk up when they start teething but they do alot of funky things during that period too so the ears could be all over. By 6 months though you should know for sure if they'll stay flopped over, or stand kinda upright. Even after that ears do still move around, so one day the dog could have their ears really relaxed and floppy over, and the next day be really alert and have their ears standing at attention.
    The majority of BC's I've seen have weird tall floppy ears like Kes. I've seem some that don't have any flop to them at all though. Very rarely have I seen a full on flop-eared BC who's purebred. (Like this)

And, LOL! I thought it was the other way around for breed. Well any case I wish you luck with your little border collie girl! (Very jealous rn, not only is she my favourite breed of dog but her looks are what I'd want in my dream dog - just with some tan added!)
xXocea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me